Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

2:26 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

been there, done that.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Since I started going to the gym with Grammy and working on the house, I have been getting about 5-6 hours of sleep a night, pretty much uninterrupted except by that old alarm clock.
    I know that working out has not helped you, so maybe you need to start renovating your house...

ducking
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Rupp's Runt

I struggle to fall asleep. About 10:00 I get my 2nd wind. Not sure why, was even like that as a kid. Good news is, once I fall asleep I'm good. Bad news is that my girls do not sleep thru the night...

Dang it, blueboss.
    First time in weeks...
    The old 2:40 right on time...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Dang it, blueboss.
    First time in weeks...
    The old 2:40 right on time...
    Coming up on 2:00 pm, I could literally fall asleep sitting here at my desk...

So, in order to get my sleep clock adjusted it looks like I need to move to China or thereabouts, since they’re 12-13 hours ahead.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

A guy I work with daily goes to his car at lunchtime and takes a 45-minute nap.

I think that is a good solution. But I would have to avoid coffee, I think, to do that, and that's not something I do.

Rupp's Runt

I've napped at lunch a few times

I hate those nights when I battle insomnia and fall asleep about an hour before the alarm goes off.

Rupp's Runt

Went to sleep about 11:00 last night....woke up and 2 and never went back asleep....

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Went to sleep about 11:00 last night....woke up and 2 and never went back asleep....
    I did the same, except woke up around 3:00am... I keep some PBS programs recorded, the narrator from American Experience usually knocks me back out within ten minutes... I woke up in the recliner at 3:45 and finished out in bed until 7:19 this morning when my alarm gently woke me.

Sigh...
    The old 2:27, right on time...

Okay, I am sure this is a bunch of hokey but thought I would relay it anyway. And anecdotally, I have either slept through the night til 5 a.m. or later, or go back to sleep if I awakened in the middle of the night since downloading an app.

The app is called Twilight. It purports to remove the blue light provided by your cell phone or other tablet type device at the times you indicate. I have mine set for after Sunset until Daybreak. The phone screen has a weird coloring to it, but it doesn't bother me as I don't really care. My wife looked at it and said it was sort of a pinkish hue. It seems softer and not as harsh. I'm sure the science behind this is junk, but as I said, it has worked for me coincidentally or not since downloading. It has a lot of supporters or people fooled on Google Play, and is very highly rated.

I wasn't looking for it when I downloaded it, but was looking for something that would soften and dim the phone screen when I awakened in the middle of the night so I can watch television on my phon. I haven't used it for that once yet. It advertises as a blue light filter, has over 5 million downloads, and a 4.6 rating on Google Play.

I hate to recommend something like this, but in the event you are like me and use your phone until you go to bed, you may want to look into it just for kicks.

Just a follow-up....here's a link to the Twilight website:

https://twilight.urbandroid.org/

Claims blue light reduction helps the melatonin. I can vouch for it being softer on the eyes, but anything else is anecdotal.

Here's just a general guy doing a review of Twilight that is pretty similar to me. Here's his write-up before the video.

You do not have to believe what people say about blue light being bad for your sleep cycle to find Twilight useful. For people like myself it is a way to keep myself from being blinded from which screens late at night without destroying my night vision. But really I am not doing Twilight any justice in this write up. To see why you should use the app you will have to watch and see....

Rupp's Runt

I keep my phone on the blue light filter now. Well for the last week or so. I've adjusted to the look, I'll see long term if it helps me fall asleep.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Transformer blew somewhere close last night causing the power to go off briefly.

In the bedroom, we’ve got one of those clocks that resets it’s self if the power goes off... so no big deal, right?

Well I was up last night around 2:30 am couldn’t sleep, finally went back to bed about an hour later. I woke up this morning and looked at the clock, and I had overslept. When I saw I overslept I was curious why my Fitbit didn’t gently wake me at it’s set time.

Anyway I jumped up and started my routine, after basically getting about half ready I clicked on the tv for the morning news only to find that it was an hour earlier than I thought it was... turns out my clock reset itself an hour earlier than it actually was.

So, not only did I lose an hour in the middle of the night I lost another one this morning... oh yeah after being up an hour this morning my Fitbit went off, right on time... yayyy!!

know the feeling
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Bump on the insomnia thread...

Rupp's Runt

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Girls went to bed early and stayed asleep all night. Allergies did not keep me awake. Mind was mostly clear.

Yep still didn't sleep. Darn work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Bed at midnight, awake at 4:50, almost five hours sleep. I am tired, but I wonder if my body is just better suited for that length of sleep. I feel like seven hours would be best.

12:45 on a thurs nite

and you would hope to be asleep by 4:00, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    and you would hope to be asleep by 4:00, huh?
    Uggh. Usually.

Have a dental procedure this morning, and didn't mind feeling groggy, so took some benadryl last night for the first time in months. Slept from 11:30 to almost 6. About as good as I'm going to do.

Off to have "fun."

I took some Tizanadine (zanaflex) which usually knocks me out pretty good. slept for about an hour. Over did it yesterday. Painted some of the house including the chimney, had a dumpster over to empty the garage (moved a palate of old pavers) etc.....so my back was toast. The Joy's of putting your house on the market. Got a Dr appt today

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I took some Tizanadine (zanaflex) which usually knocks me out pretty good. slept for about an hour. Over did it yesterday. Painted some of the house including the chimney, had a dumpster over to empty the garage (moved a palate of old pavers) etc.....so my back was toast. The Joy's of putting your house on the market. Got a Dr appt today
    Ugh. I'd rather be sitting in my dentist's chair here than that. Don't overdo, Doc (said too late).

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Ugh. I'd rather be sitting in my dentist's chair here than that. Don't overdo, Doc (said too late).
    didn't work

today I painted, trip to goodwill (TV and some suits) installed an ice machine, waited for pool inspector (pool we had renovated in 2006 never had final inspection), scrubbed oven--helpful hint-- easiest way to get baked on grease off an over door glass is with glass scratch remover. I had a fishtank with some scratches and got a kit to remove them. It's basically wet sanding but figured since it was to remove scratches in glass it wouldn't scratch the glass. worked like a dream.

then I slept for an hour

4:38 AM and its pouring rain in Stuart FL

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

2:10 am... after two weeks on central time, still trying to get settled back into the eastern time zone...

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

4:40 am. Wouldn't be so bad if bedtime wasn't 12:30.