Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Should have been a touchdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Should have been a touchdown

Not even a question.

They never blew a whistle because a) knee never went down, b) no forward progress was stopped until c) ball broke the plane of the end zone...and continued further into the end zone, along with the helmet, upper torso and other parts of the body of Rodriguez, such that the field of play was behind all of them.

When they failed to blow the whistle because their instinct and training tells them not to blow the whistle unless a play is over, they saw the ball in the end zone. But nobody wanted to signal touchdown. That isn't an instinctual thing like the whistle blowing; it's a conscious act--one that requires reason, judgment, and a decision to make.

I have been part of a group of officials (mostly basketball, but some football) for two decades. All at lower levels, generally, high school to D3, D2 etc. with some lower level D1 occasionally). They all talk about how you don't even think when the whistle blows...it's automatic. No decision. Just happens.

Here, it didn't, because, well, their training and instinct kicked in to tell them it wasn't time.

But the 2nd part is the conscious, thoughtful decision. Do I signal a touchdown, or don't I?

Nobody wanted to make that decision. I don't know why. But nobody wanted to, and they didn't.

Then they were stuck with a predicament. What the heck do we do now? Let's slowly retrieve the ball from the end zone and put it back in the field of play, and figure it out with a replay. It gave them time to think. It gave the replay booth/SEC replay officials and boys in Birmingham time to reflect.

What are we going to do with this play?

Our options.

a) Pretend that his knee was down. But 1) no whistle blew, so that wasn't the call, and 2) the ball would've been marked well back of where it was marked had that been the very bad, very erroneous call anyway. So that could not have been it.

b) Pretend that his forward progress was stopped. But they blow whistles when that happens, too. Clearly in real time, there was no moment in which progress was halted, or really even slowed, and in replay, it was even more evident. But let's hold this thought for a minute and look at other options.

c) "Reverse" the call and call the touchdown. That would require them to acknowledge what thousands of people saw live in the stadium, what all players saw live on the field, what all officials saw live on the field, and what millions of people saw on television using the same replays the boys in Birmingham saw. It's unanimous among all those who saw who were not decision-makers...clearly, obviously, a touchdown. But let's hold this thought for a minute and look at one other option.

d) Huddle and abide by whatever directive is presented by replay. Perhaps they'll fix the screw-up (if it were inadvertent) or the intentional omission (if it wasn't). Or perhaps they'll ride that horse instead.

And that's what they did. They determined that we all saw a U.F.O. (Unidentified Field Object) that resembled a player, and resembled a football, both going over the plane of the goal, but not actually being the real player, or the real football, being carried over the plane fully and completely. Instead, they told the world it was a figment of our imagination. In effect, we were gaslighted by the officials and the boys in Birmingham.

There's no other explanation that makes sense.

Now, why that happened, I do not know. But it happened, as sure as I'm still boiling mad about it. As I said, I don't know what would have happened had they gotten it right. But I can only mirror what the AUBURN player said. He said it changed the game. Let me say that again. THE AUBURN PLAYER SAID it changed the game. Oh, he said it a little differently--he said UK's failure to get it in the end zone changed the game.

And, of course, that was the net effect.

I'll take his word for it.

Yeah, I'm still mad. You'd think I am old enough to get over that crap. I'm not.

Being mad in this situation is just bad for my health. I can handle being flaming mad if there is something I can do to correct the blatant, egregious, error made by a group of chimpanzees, but when I just have to rant and moan to my heart's content and then sit down and "TAKE IT", I am much better off to walk away and go punch something until that feeling of having been kicked in the scrotum subsides.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Adding insult to injury is the failure of ESPN to even mention the travesty.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tucky-wildcats
    seeya
    dan

Did they mention it on the SEC sports website?

NO!!!
    seeya
    dan

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Adding insult to injury is the failure of ESPN to even mention the travesty.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tucky-wildcats
    They did mention Aubie was robbed of a pick 6. It was on the crawler al night long!
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    They did mention Aubie was robbed of a pick 6. It was on the crawler al night long!
    OH YEAH, that was the lead headline for their report on the game
    seeya
    dan

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

I stayed away from the sports board and this forum as a whole today, just bothered about the game. I really felt like the whole game was a sucker punch to my gut. I had downplayed the whole season, calling it an exhibition and a bonus for whatever we get, so I don't get my hopes up too high, but I guess I really wasn't listening to myself.

I'll be back tomorrow. Needed a day off.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I stayed away from the sports board and this forum as a whole today, just bothered about the game. I really felt like the whole game was a sucker punch to my gut. I had downplayed the whole season, calling it an exhibition and a bonus for whatever we get, so I don't get my hopes up too high, but I guess I really wasn't listening to myself.

I'll be back tomorrow. Needed a day off.
    I checked this morning, and it’s still not a TD🤯

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I checked this morning, and it’s still not a TD��

Might take another week or so to get it to sprout and take root.
    seeya
    dan

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Might take another week or so to get it to sprout and take root.
    Maybe they’ll spot us six points for the Ole MS game.

Have you seen an early line on that game yet?
    seeya
    dan

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Have you seen an early line on that game yet?
    UK -7

Thanks
    seeya
    dan

I have been struggling with sleeping issues for a while now. I do understand the struggle. I have been trying different products that might help me with my sleep issues. I have adopted a healthier routine with healthy foods, regular exercise but I still had a lot of trouble falling and saying asleep. I talked with different doctors and tried many different types of medications from melatonin to sleeping pills. I have been through it all.The one that I liked the most and that had the best effect in my opinion has been medial marijuana. I have been taking it before I went to bed for a few weeks and I slept like a baby without any side-effects in the morning. I have tried different products like joints hemp flowers oils but the one I liked the most were edibles. I have tried many different brands throughout the months but the one I liked the most was one that I ordered of this website: https://www.koalitymedicinals.com/. I like the range of products that they have as well as the fact that the shipping prices are not that high. I hope you guys will find this helpful a little bit at least
    Last edited by jcgrey87; 10-16-2020 at 01:40 AM.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

I actually woke up around 5:30 this morning and started fixating/stressing on a few work related issues and couldn’t go back to sleep.

For the first time in a long time.
    2:35 Eastern and all is well (relatively speaking) in my little corner of the world.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Guys, I suggest a heavy course of sex and booze. May help, and if not you'll be less unhappy about not sleeping.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

seeya
    dan

Maybe that would work for me, but I am skeptical. My issue has never been falling asleep--initially--though. It has always been waking up. I can go to sleep at 11:30, and be wide awake at 3.

Maybe it would work at 3 to put me "back" to sleep, but I doubt it. It's like a "super-nap" that I have that invigorates me for hours. Unfortunately, I think I need more than 3.5 hours of sleep to operate at 100%, so it's not a panacea by any means.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Maybe that would work for me, but I am skeptical. My issue has never been falling asleep--initially--though. It has always been waking up. I can go to sleep at 11:30, and be wide awake at 3.

Maybe it would work at 3 to put me "back" to sleep, but I doubt it. It's like a "super-nap" that I have that invigorates me for hours. Unfortunately, I think I need more than 3.5 hours of sleep to operate at 100%, so it's not a panacea by any means.
    You all let me know if it works... the hippie chick capsules work for the most part, but sometimes I too wake up 3:00/4:00 and struggle to go right back to sleep. Thinking of trying a hippie chic capsule to see if that works in those instances. I’ve been leery as I don’t want to build up a tolerance to them.

3:04 AM and all is well in the Zoneton area.
    Oh, well. Gives me a chance to brush up on the Sunday Scholl lesson.
    Making lemonade out of lemons...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

4:23 my time... Bleh.

Just got out of the shower and I feel incredibly ready to face the day. We have no choice as we have the Greats today.

seeya
    dan

Won't be a problem tonight.

Been working to finish a big project. got to bed at 5am last night, 6am the night before. I'll be asleep in an hour I hope.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 11-19-2020 at 09:34 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I can't sleep without some weight on me. Not specially weighted blankets, just at least a blanket and sheet. Don't care how hot I get, can't sleep with just a sheet.

I sleep well with a sexy girl for weight. Eventually. And sleep well.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

I like the concept, but I have gotten too hot when I have tried it. I actually like the feel of a heavy blanket. It makes me think back about sleeping at my grandmother's house with heavy blankets because it was cold in the house. Probably some psychological stuff there that I don't want to go into. But I would be happy with a weighted blanket if I could figure out how to remain relatively comfortable, temperature wise.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

I like the concept, but I have gotten too hot when I have tried it. I actually like the feel of a heavy blanket. It makes me think back about sleeping at my grandmother's house with heavy blankets because it was cold in the house. Probably some psychological stuff there that I don't want to go into. But I would be happy with a weighted blanket if I could figure out how to remain relatively comfortable, temperature wise.
    Fwiw, will be trying out a weighted lap blanket next.