Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

So is James Comey the worst public servant ever?

Certainly the most hypocritical I'd say. This has been interesting, and sad, to watch.

- He said on a BBC interview that he would have "potentially" withheld intelligence from this President b/c he didn't trust him with it, was afraid he may leak it. The guy just wrote a book going off about integrity and the FBI's obligations and higher calling, and he himself has admitted to using a third party to leak information. He doesn't even see the contradiction of lecturing about integrity and then not living up to the duty of the FBI to the Presidency.

- Said in his notes that he told the President he wasn't a "weasel move" guy who leaked things, then LEAKED the notes where he said it. Then wrote a book, and is now on a tour getting rich by talking about private conversations with a President.

- Said outright that he weighed Clinton's chances of winning in his decision to announce they re-opened the investigation into her emails. Said he did it b/c he presumed she'd win, and wanted her to be "legitimate" and that not disclosing the investigation may undermine her, and in the same interviews says the FBI can't make decisions based on politics. This isn't even sane.

It's clear he thinks he's got some corner on the self-righteous market and that he should be making the calls instead of the duly elected representative of The People, and it's also clear he's not alone in his world.

His comments are rife with contradictions and ooze a disdain for Trump and by inference the idea that he was given this authority no matter what people like Comey thought about it.

I've been watchin this guy step on his own statements for more than a week now I guess, and every time I think he's about done he does it again. If this was against Obama the press would have ripped these statements to shreds.

Meanwhile the FBI and DOJ continue to seemingly not report to anyone, as both parties complain that they are sitting on records they wont' turn over to Congress or the Administration.

I keep looking for someone in the DC power elite to notice that their "higher calling" is to answer to THE PEOPLE, and that the way they do that is by complying with the President and Congress. I don't think they get it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: So is James Comey the worst public servant ever?

Oh, and just to show I'm not spouting the company line, the guy most in the running for the title if not Comey is Jeff Sessions, surely one of the worst AGs of the modern era. This guy is focused on expanding the already lost war on drugs and increasing unconstitutional seizures while the corruption of Washington runs amok on both sides of the aisle.

But I still give it to Comey. No one ever thought much of DOJ, but he and the other leadership at the FBI (including IMO Mueller) have exposed that the hypocrisy and bias of Washington have penetrated the FBI as well. Hey, maybe on 2nd thought he did us a favor by exposing it...
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Maybe it's just me, but I halfway believe that Sessions is a Trojan Horse.
    He allegedly was on board for Trump from day one. Now, I'm beginning to think that the GOP heirarchy wanted to plant one of their own inside the Trump camp to keep an eye on Trump and his Administration.
    I don't trust Sessions as far as I can throw this Courthouse I work in. He is an old school Republican establishment guy, and I believe he is working against President Trump and his Administration.
    Or he's just inept.
    I think he is corrupt and another enemy of our nation.

He sure isn't doing his job suncat! Not even close to it!

the hubbub over his firing is a great illustration of how the hatred for Donald Trump is so intense that it clouds the judgement of all things. Comey did so many things that were inappropriate and or just down righthorrible yet when Trump fired him, something that every president has the absolute right to do without reservation, there was an intense uproar from the left, despite the left blaming him as exhibiting A for Hilary losing the election. Inept and corrupt yet unfixable pretty much defines a government employee
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Here is what doesn’t make sense. Rosenstein evaluates his performance and recommends Comey’s firing. Then Trump follows the advice and Rosenstein launches an investigation over the firing. In what universe does that make
    any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Here is what doesn’t make sense. Rosenstein evaluates his performance and recommends Comey’s firing. Then Trump follows the advice and Rosenstein launches an investigation over the firing. In what universe does that make
    any sense?
    The one where Trump was totally set up, and as this has played out I've become increasingly persuaded that's exactly what happened.

The powers that be in Washington are beyond terrified of him and hate him to such a degree they are willing to undermine the rule of law to do something about it. That includes plenty on both sides of the aisle.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    The one where Trump was totally set up, and as this has played out I've become increasingly persuaded that's exactly what happened.

The powers that be in Washington are beyond terrified of him and hate him to such a degree they are willing to undermine the rule of law to do something about it. That includes plenty on both sides of the aisle.
    The judge in Virginia presiding over that Manafort case doesn't seem impressed with Mueller's tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    The judge in Virginia presiding over that Manafort case doesn't seem impressed with Mueller's tactics.
    He called it like he saw it, and honestly everyone on both sides has admitted that's what Mueller is doing.

And it's a regular prosecutorial practice, but such things also border on abuse of the power of the office. In this case the judge wants to see the scope of Mueller's powers, a fair question.

they are willing to ruin the lives of people and their innocent families to get to their target. that's easier to swallow when you're going after the hit man to get to the mob boss, but when you're going after otherwise normal people to get to political targets that's a whole different issue.

Esp. when it's obvious there are LOTS of people doing the same thing who never get prosecuted. When you just pick out a few people from thousands doing the same thing and they all happen to be tied to one political opponent, that isn't justice anymore.

Mueller is there to try to bring down the President, period. Put there by a Justice Department that apparently thinks it isn't answerable to any elected official and that what it does and how it does it is no one's business.

I'm deeply disturbed at what we have seen from the DOJ and FBI. now we have an arm of that "above the law" bunch with unlimited scope and budget which has brought on board prosecutors who have actually been sanctioned for their aggressive tactics, withholding exculpatory evidence and other questionable actions out there going after just ONE political side. Mueller was charged with looking into Russian interference but has never looked into any off what has come out that ties Clinton to the Russians, yet is now off investigating things in Trump's associates that have nothing to do with Russia. it's obvious what is going on.