Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Smithsonian channel show: Aerial America: Kentucky

Accidentally watching this after getting home tonight, and it's terrific. Really enjoying seeing aerial shots and the stories of the bluegrass, Fort Knox, Keeneland and the horse farms, Churchill Downs, etc. Really fun to watch.

https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/s...ky/701/3398938

Wished I’d have known would like to have seen it...

I went through the guide and found the 4/24 listing and set my recorder.

Thanks....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Smithsonian channel show: Aerial America: Kentucky

I saw it a few weeks ago and was a bit disappointed. I thought they could have shown Perryville Battlefield, perhaps Kentucky Speedway, and while most Aerial shows show the state university, often including a football stadium, this one showed only Freedom Hall and talked about U6 winning 2 titles in the 1980s, but made no mention of UK (even just the university, ignoring sports. They could have at least mentioned that the sports all time winningest program was in the same state, but I guess they tied so much to Mohammad Ali and his birthplace in Louisville, location of Freedom Hall, etc., that little else mattered.)

The series is generally a good one, but I was honestly disappointed in the Kentucky episode. Maybe that was just me looking for stuff I like about the state.

I enjoyed everything they did, even though they could have done more. Actually, I missed the first few minutes and was hoping to watch it again to see if they did. Your post kind of tells me that they didn't, but I'm looking forward to watching it again to see what I missed.

Re: Smithsonian channel show: Aerial America: Kentucky

I'm probably being harsh based on my own selfish wants, but it did strike me that so many of the programs (Washington, Arizona, Kansas, Indiana, etc.) discussed the state university, at least briefly, but this one didn't.

It is a neat series though and a different perspective on things. They have some nice special episdodes too, focusing on natural wonders or man-made monuments or other "non-state" topics.

It made me homesick.

And also had me enjoy some things that I didn't see much even when I lived there. Like the beauty of the horses and horse farms. Not sure there is anything more beautiful in nature.

The Louisville Freedom Hall/Ali/Yum stuff was when I chose to check my messages. Wasn't particularly interesting. Definitely should've had the state's flagship University and their world premier basketball program. That's a major omission.

Loved the Fort Knox stuff too.