Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Hey, congrats to my three kids--all graduating college in the next two weeks

Oldest daughter getting her dual acute care/primary care nurse practitioner degree from UAB. Previous BSN from U of Alabama.
    Middle daughter getting her BSN from U of Alabama. Previous ASN nursing from Jeff State and Psychology degree from U of Alabama.
    Oldest son getting his associate's degree in computer programming from Jeff State.

And thank you to all that is good and wonderful in the world that only one of the three wanted to go through graduation ceremonies (meaning I only have to attend one!)

Congrats, kids!

Re: Hey, congrats to my three kids--all graduating college in the next two weeks

Congratulations to the Cartwright family!

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Re: Hey, congrats to my three kids--all graduating college in the next two weeks

So that makes what, 17 now graduated from college? Very impressive.

(BTW the truth is that Darrell is really a professional video game player who spends most of his day in a beanbag chair eating Cheetos, but this therapist says it's important to maintain the illusion, so everyone needs to go along with it.)

Seriously, you've done a great job with your family. I sleep better at night knowing at least some new members of our nation's adult population will have been so well raised.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

lol. No, they're just recycling. Daughter 2 realized her first degree wasn't what she wanted to do (and would've required more degrees anyway), so she continued until she could be gainfully employed. Now, my daughter 3 is likely on the same track, where she'll get a degree, and possibly decide she needs another degree to do something else to feed herself, so I'll possibly be repeating this process for years to come.

I am proud of all of them. Maybe the most proud of my son. He has struggled in a lot of ways, and just to accomplish that was a huge deal. He can work anywhere, and be successful, but school? Wasn't his thing. ACT/SAT scores off the charts, but classes? Nope. He's short-term oriented, versus long-term. A semester is way too long for his attention span.

How many alma maters will your family have?

Congrats to them and you.

That ought to free up some extra dough for the Mr& Mrs.

Congratulations!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    How many alma maters will your family have?

Congrats to them and you.
    I think they are now only short of East Nebraska Tech and Holy Cross of having collected the entire set. A recent study on deforestation in South America listed a series of contributing factors. Diploma production for the Cartwright family was #4 on the list.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Oldest daughter getting her dual acute care/primary care nurse practitioner degree from UAB. Previous BSN from U of Alabama.
    Middle daughter getting her BSN from U of Alabama. Previous ASN nursing from Jeff State and Psychology degree from U of Alabama.
    Oldest son getting his associate's degree in computer programming from Jeff State.

And thank you to all that is good and wonderful in the world that only one of the three wanted to go through graduation ceremonies (meaning I only have to attend one!)

Congrats, kids!
    They should name some buildings for you on numerous campuses by the time you get all of them through college.

Lol. You guys are funny. Not a big deal, I just thought it was funny that their various tracks ended at the same time.

And although I won't deny paying for certain things for each of them, from food and shelter to car insurance and cell phones, the truth is each one paid their own way for each of those degrees in the next two weeks. All three were working full time as well, two nurses and son worked 40 hours as a vet tech. I'm prouder of the working than the degree. Any knucklehead can pass classes. School is the easiest thing most of us will ever do. Doing an honest job for honest pay is much harder.

Rupp's Runt

Congratulations to ALL of the Cartwright clan, and prayers for future success for them all.