Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kentucky Baseball # 6 D1 Baseball Ranking, # 9 Baseball America

NCBWA # 7; USA Today # 9

In good shape if we can continue to win series each week in the SEC.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 04-16-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Re: Kentucky Baseball # 6 D1 Baseball Ranking, # 9 Baseball America

Big week with game at UL tomorrow and the SEC series this weekend.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

And the SEC Series is against # 1 in the nation Florida.

Huge week for UK.

Agree this is a big week and especially this weekend. Florida is really good, so a bit concerning to me that we could come away from this weekend in a disappointing spot with our SEC win/loss record. I had hopes of hosting a super regional at the season start and a couple of wins against Gators would be huge.

UL game tomorrow is scheduled to begin at 6:00 ET. Only coverage is on the ACC network and broadcast live on WLAP.
    seeya
    dan

“I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

UK Media Relations

Kentucky Ends Five-Game Road Trip in Louisville

The No. 6 Wildcats won the first meeting 8-5 in Lexington on April 3

LEXINGTON, Ky. – No. 6 Kentucky’s road trip will come to an end Tuesday night in Louisville as the Wildcats seek to build on the momentum generated by winning a series at No. 18 Georgia over the weekend. The Bulldogs had been 17-2 at home this season before the Cats arrived and grabbed two taut affairs. Now it’s on to Louisville, where the Cardinals are similarly dominant on their own field and will be looking to split the season’s two games with the Cats.

The Cats will arrive with one of the nation’s top offenses, ranking in the nation’s top 11 in slugging percentage (2nd), home runs (2nd), on-base percentage (4th), batting average (7th), runs scored (7th), doubles (11th) and hits (11th). The Cats also rank 15th in bases on balls. They have scored double-digit runs 14 times in 36 games.

UK already is 3-1 on its five-game road trip before consensus No. 1 Florida comes to Lexington on Thursday night. Sophomore closer Chris Machamer was named SEC Pitcher of the Week after going 1-0 with two saves over 5.1 innings last week. He is currently on a 13.1 inning scoreless streak during which he’s allowed just three hits.

Tuesday’s first pitch is schedule for 6 p.m. ET at Jim Patterson Stadium. Darren Headrick will have the radio call for the Cats on 630 AM WLAP/ukathletics.com and it will stream on ACC Network Extra.

GAME DETAILS

No. 6 KENTUCKY (25-11) at LOUISVILLE (24-11)

Date/Time: Tuesday, April 17 (6 p.m.)

Location (Facility): Louisville, Ky. (Jim Patterson Stadium)

Series History: Kentucky leads 71-44-1

Previous Meeting: April 3, 2018 – Kentucky 8, Louisville 5 (Lexington)

Radio: 630 AM WLAP (Darren Headrick); ukathletics.com

TV/Online: ACC Network Extra

I edited the first post by updating the college baseball writers poll (NCBWA). Kentucky moved from number 9 take number 7, and I did not realize that it had not yet been updated when I posted

Unforgettable

HuBe week this week. Sweep an ACC top program and win series against top team in the country would be a huge boost to that super regional weekend. But we MUST have a new ballpark soon. With schools like MSU, Ole Miss, LSU, Ark, Florida and TAM having the ability to have 10,000 crowds it's hard to get those Super Regionals. Forgot to add USC with big crowds. If it came down to say LSU or UK on who got last super regional, LSU and those big crowds will,win out.

Word is Cohen has his eyes on our coach along with UL's coach plus others.

Stadium cant get here soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Stadium cant get here soon enough!
    Still scheduled on time to open in the Fall.

Here's a website to keep track of the progress:

https://public.earthcam.net/baseball...eball/Baseball

Will be at the game tonight rooting on the Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Will be at the game tonight rooting on the Cats!
    Great! Expecting a full report from ya when you can. Lead them to victory.

Pompey leads off batting from the right side. KO swinging Squires steps in, grounds out to short. Heyer at the plate, flies out to center.

0-0 B1
    seeya
    dan

“I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

Harper on the bump for UK. 1st batter flies out to left. 2nd batter, grounds out to short. 3rd batter, ko looking.

0-0 T2
    seeya
    dan

Becker leads off the 2nd, KO looking. Cottam steps in, flies out to center. Aklinski up, walks. Shinn at the plate, Aklinski out attempting to steal 2nd. Had the base stolen and was called safe but he slid past the bag and was tagged out as his hand came off the bag.

0-0 B2
    seeya
    dan

1st batter, walked. 2nd batter, flies out to right. 3rd batter, batter at first is thrown out trying to steal 2nd, flies out to right

0-0 T3
    seeya
    dan

Shinn back at the plate, flies out to the wall in center. Rodriguez in the box, KO looking. Dawson walks up, and he smacks a solo shot over the left/center field wall. Pompey at bat, flies out to end UK's half of the 3rd.

1-0 UK B3
    seeya
    dan

1st batter, grounds out to 3rd. 2nd batter, flies out to short center. 3rd batter, KO looking. 3 up and 3 down for UL.

1-0 UK T4
    seeya
    dan

Daniel Harper has faced the minimum so far through 3.

Trey Dawson's second home run of the season gives him eight straight games Dawson has reached base.

Squires leads off the 4th, KO looking. Heyer at the plate, KO swinging. Becker in the box, singles thru the right side. Cottam walks up, Becker steals 2nd, and Cottam flies out to the wall in left center.

1-0 UK B4
    seeya
    dan

1st batter, doubles down the line in left. 2nd batter, flies out to deep center and runner advances to 3rd. 3rd batter, grounder to 3rd and Rodriguez throws to home plate and runner is called out and the call at home is going to be reviewed. Batter safe at first and review showed the call on the field should stand. 4th batter, wild pitch moves runner to 2nd, walks him. 5th batter lines it thru the middle of the infield to score the runner from 2nd. 6th batter lines one to right field and scores the runner from 2nd and leaves men at the corners and Harper is done for the night

2-1 UL with 2 outs and 2 on
    seeya
    dan

Coleman on in relief, 7th batter up, walks him to load the bases. 8th batter bounces out to 3rd.

2-1 UL T5
    seeya
    dan

Let's got, Cats. Get those runs back.

Aklinski leads off, flies out to left. Shinn at bat, doubles into the gap in left center. Rodriquez in the box, grounds out to 3rd and runner at 2nd has to stay there. Dawson steps to the plate, and a pitching change for the birds. Dawson, walks him on a wild pitch that moved Shinn to 3rd. Men at the corners with Pompey at the plate, flies to the wall in center for the final out. 4 feet short of a 3 run round tripper.

2-1 UL B5
    seeya
    dan

1st batter, walks him. 2nd batter, popped out on a bunt attempt. 3rd batter, singles thru the left side. 4th batter up with runners at 1st and 2nd, walks him to load the bases with one out. Coleman is lifted in favor of Maley. Coleman did not have pitch control from pitch one on. 5th batter, who is UL's best hitter with a .341 average, is watched on 4 pitches to plate a run. 6th batter, grounds to 3rd and they get one at 2nd but failed on the attempt for the DP and UL plates another run. They got the runner in a run down between 1st and 2nd and runner at 3rd broke for home and the throw to Cottam is off line and he may have bobbled the ball before he could tag the runner and the runner successfully stole home. 5-1 UL with 2 outs and runner at 2nd. This has been a terrible inning for the defense from the infleld. 7th batter lines one into the gap in left center to plate another run. 6-1 UL. Maley is lifted and Ramsey comes on to try and stop the bleeding. He inherits a runner at 2nd and a 6-1 score. 8th batter infield pop up to end the 5th

6-1 UL T6
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 04-17-2018 at 08:11 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Squires leads off, hit by pitch. Heyer stands in, grounder to short forces Squires out at 2nd. Becker up with Heyer at 1st, KO swinging. Cottam at the plate, walks him. Aklinski at bat, flies out to right to end the frame.

6-1 UL B6
    seeya
    dan

1st batter, grounds out to short. 2nd batter, KO swinging. 3rd batter, single up the middle. 4th batter, and he drives one over the right field wall to score 2 more. 8-1

5th batter is hit by a pitch and both benches threaten to empty onto the field. Lots of barking going on but umpire crew has a good handle on the could be ruckus. 5th batter, is walked on purpose. 6th batter, grounds out to Becker.

8-1 UL T7
    seeya
    dan

Shinn leads off, KO swinging. Johnson pinch hits for Rodriquez, flies out to left center. Dawson steps in, KO looking

8-1 UL B7
    seeya
    dan