Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

??For Puma Cat: As Of Now, We Return 43.7% Pts, 58% Reb, 39.5% Assists, 63.4% BS

Assuming we are losing JUST Knox, SGA, Hami, Tai, and SKJ, this gives us an average of 51.2% for the 4 production stats I have listed. That puts us in the range of 2010, 2012 and 2015. How does this compare with your stats you posted the other day?

Thanks, Darryl

Re: ??For Puma Cat: As Of Now, We Return 43.7% Pts, 58% Reb, 39.5% Assists, 63.4% BS

You should factor in losing at least one of Gabriel and PJ. Seems to be low likelihood both return.

Re: ??For Puma Cat: As Of Now, We Return 43.7% Pts, 58% Reb, 39.5% Assists, 63.4% BS

Quote Originally Posted by patrick54 View Post
    You should factor in losing at least one of Gabriel and PJ. Seems to be low likelihood both return.
    Itís a little early to tell that will happen. Wenyen hasnít even declared, and may not. PJís dad said he would have to have a first round guarantee.

Hope you're right Keith. Maybe I'm underestimating Montgomery's self confidence but I have a hard time believing he would have committed if he knew we'd only lose skj. I think its more likely than not we lose one more

D, I think we have to let it play out because I still feel like we are going to lose one more at least (hope I am wrong).

If we do not lose anyone else: we will have less production returning than in 2012. And just about the same as Duke in 2015. Otherwise, we would be the (you guessed it)..."youngest team to ever win it all" (youngest in this case meaning least experienced).

I am actually not worried about rebounding or assists. I am worried about scoring next year. You really need experience in the back court. That is where we are going to be hurting the most.
    If you just set aside statistics for a moment....I think Green returning with TWO of PJ, Gabriel and Vanderbilt would be a decent core of experience. It touches most positions (assuming Richards is back). I really believe Green is the key to that scenario.

If they all return, I will still be worried about scoring...but I don't think statistics would rule us out.
    Last edited by ukpumacat; 04-16-2018 at 01:45 PM.
    ~Puma~

When do guys like WG and JV have to decide to put their name in the draft?

I do find it interesting that cal didn’t do his usual tweet about Hami declaring per the Jon Rothstein report. I know he is 99.9 gone, the way this off season has went, who knows how this will end up for the roster...

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post

I do find it interesting that cal didn’t do his usual tweet about Hami declaring per the Jon Rothstein report. I know he is 99.9 gone, the way this off season has went, who knows how this will end up for the roster...
    Want to say JV and Gabriel have till the 22 or 23.

I think Hami announces today.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick54 View Post
    Want to say JV and Gabriel have till the 22 or 23.

I think Hami announces today.
    The deadline is the 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post

Diallo May not feel he is 99.9% gone, or his family and AAU coach may be encouraging him to return and improve his game and go when he is more likely to get a first round guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Diallo May not feel he is 99.9% gone, or his family and AAU coach may be encouraging him to return and improve his game and go when he is more likely to get a first round guarantee.
    He gone.

I'm not worried about the %s. I'd like to see Cal start returning 3 players expected to contribute 15+ minutes a game. And keep 2 "4 year" guys. Cal will generally get guys that can score, rebound, etc. He needs guys that can lead in practice and off the court. Mix that with some 5* star guys and like our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I'm not worried about the %s. I'd like to see Cal start returning 3 players expected to contribute 15+ minutes a game. And keep 2 "4 year" guys.
    PJ, Vanderbilt, Quade, Wenyen, Richards.

Don’t know if there are any “4 year” guys, but we could easily return 4 guys from those 5 who we we expect to play 15+ minutes next year. I’d actually say it’s likely we do return 4.

??For Puma Cat: As Of Now, We Return 43.7% Pts, 58% Reb, 39.5% Assists, 63.4% BS

Still thinking our best hope is for the NCAA to be down all over the board next year. Reasonably good chance that is the case, where a team that isn't as strong as previous years ends up being the tournament champion. Might as well be Kentucky.