Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Freddie on Spring Game

While I was doing my pushups and crunches was listening to him on Leach. Says we,re as talented or more than any UK team he's seen given so many key players out. Says he's seen all SEC games to date and we look as good or better than all. But warns this is just a Spring Game and we went 4 wide most of the game. Says with our rbs and tight ends, doesn,t think we'll see that much of that in season. AJ Rose one of 5 fastest players on team. Late bloomer as he played qb in hs and has been sloweD with injuries. Likes Wilson's upside and Home Run potential but says he thinks starter will be the player who keeps turnovers down and manages the offense best, utilizing our skill players. Says some wr needs to step up as a deep threat. Names Hughes, Epps, Ali, and incoming Marvin Alexander as possibles. It was very windy Fri so that did have an effect. Really likes our defensive depth of talent. Pointed out that at least 3 of our SEC road opponents have new coaches
    Said qbs graded out a lot better than stats show as he doesn,t count drops, wrong routes, etc in stats. Says we will have 6-9 draft picks this year. Says NFL scouts high on Logan Steinberg, who could go early

Re: Freddie on Spring Game

Bttt

Thanks Terry. Where do you find this info?
    My Photography Page; http://rogerelliottphotography.com/

Freddie on Spring Game

I spoke to a good buddy of mine who is a big Auburn football fan this morning about their spring game. He basically said the same thing about their game I said about ours, but then we both said that the game plan was so vanilla it was almost destined to be so so like that. While I still was disappointed in what I saw, I am dialing back my disappointment in light of the fact that nobody apparently has looked very good.

My main issues related to mistakes being made, passes being dropped, and what I saw as very sluggish decisions being made by quarterbacks. In my mind, it was like being at one of those shooting ranges where bad guys pop up, along with civilians and you have to make instant correct decisions or else somebody innocent dies. There would have been a lot of dead bodies lying around if that were the case.

Quite possibly the same all over the conference, I don't know.

I heard Freddie on the Leach show. I scan several Web sites and other sources I've found for my info. Darrell, think both Freddie and I take into account it's the Spring, vanilla offense and defense, both units know what the other is doing, key players out, etc. We have both seen a lot of spring games and we compare. Taking all this into consideration plus looking at individual skills and potential we were both encouraged.

I could make a case for winning 5 games next season but could probably make a stronger one for winning 7 or 8. We have won 7 the last 2 years and have 16 starters returning. I watch and listen to many of the post practice videos with players and coaches. There is a whole different confident vibe this year. Cole Cubelic said Stoops was on a far different plane of confidence than he was when he talked to him 2 years ago. I feel like Vince Marrow, " Why is it prognosticators think everyone else in the league is getting better but not us"

I think there's kind of a reflex action by prognosticators and OFFICIALS that we are supposed to finish at or close to the Bottom of the SEC East. We have finished what second or third in the East the last two years. We've won 3 or 4 straight over SC, 2 or 3 straight against Mizzou and should beat Vandy. Plus, as Fred said, think 3 of our SEC road games this year will be played against teams with new head coaches