Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Biggest draft decision of 18-19 season, Duke's Carter will announce 11 AM CST

Per the Duke boards. Will be on ESPN. He could be the 2019 NPOY and make Duke the #1 team. If he goes, Duke could lose 10+ games

HUGE decision

What will it be?

Darryl

Re: Biggest draft decision of 18-19 season, Duke's Carter will announce 11 AM CST

back

Re: Biggest draft decision of 18-19 season, Duke's Carter will announce 11 AM CST

Quote Originally Posted by ebarbaau View Post
    back
    My gut still agrees.....Sure hope Keith is right.

NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Per the Duke boards. Will be on ESPN. He could be the 2019 NPOY and make Duke the #1 team. If he goes, Duke could lose 10+ games

HUGE decision

What will it be?

Darryl
    Darryl who for this team can make a 3? I get it, from a recruiting stand point, this class is unreal, but from a TEAM approach, you get any team that can shoot the ball against, they will struggle. As K ever coached a team with no legit kid who can be knock down 3 point shooter? They have no depth... now maybe they got a grad transfer up their sleeve who can make 3’s? Who knows...

Duke 247 insiders are saying he's going to the NBA. They seem very certain. They are speaking definitively. "He is not coming back. He will be playing professionally in the NBA next year. It's not happening."

If the announcement is on ESPN, shouldn't we make the same assumption as we do with our guys?

He's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    Darryl who for this team can make a 3? I get it, from a recruiting stand point, this class is unreal, but from a TEAM approach, you get any team that can shoot the ball against, they will struggle. As K ever coached a team with no legit kid who can be knock down 3 point shooter? They have no depth... now maybe they got a grad transfer up their sleeve who can make 3’s? Who knows...
    Reddish will be their only 3 point shooter in the starting line up. Off the bench that O'connel guy can shoot. I'd bet Reddish will shoot 3s better than Keldon Johnson will for us.

Rupp's Runt
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    If the announcement is on ESPN, shouldn't we make the same assumption as we do with our guys?

He's gone.
    With ESPN and Duke, I fully expect Carter to announce he is staying. In fact after Shai went on to leave, I am sure K wants his guy to do the opposite on the same platform.
    This will be a day longer remembered. It has seen the end of Pitino and will soon see the end of Louisville. September 27, 2017

Staying.

He’s leaving. Carter has a chance to be a top 5 pick. No where to go but down from there.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    With ESPN and Duke, I fully expect Carter to announce he is staying. In fact after Shai went on to leave, I am sure K wants his guy to do the opposite on the same platform.
    Based off what?

I'm not sure what's to gain for either party by announcing he's going to stay at Duke. There's definitely A LOT more to gain by players announcing on ESPN that they're going to the league. For those that don't know, most players pay a royalty during their playing days to ESPN and other sports networks for positive coverage. Announcements such as this is a perfect way to kick off that relationship.

Unforgettable

For those that don't know, most players pay a royalty during their playing days to ESPN and other sports networks for positive coverage.
    What?
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance—it is the illusion of knowledge."
    - Daniel J. Boorstin

Based off what?

I'm not sure what's to gain for either party by announcing he's going to stay at Duke. There's definitely A LOT more to gain by players announcing on ESPN that they're going to the league. For those that don't know, most players pay a royalty during their playing days to ESPN and other sports networks for positive coverage. Announcements such as this is a perfect way to kick off that relationship.
    To go along with what Stu says, think about this question. What college player has announced on ESPN that he is returning?

Gone, will sign with an agent. Per Rothstein on twitter.

Super Kitten

Good

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    What?
    Oh yes, indeed.

My wife used to work on a few different NBA players divorces in Chicago and when performing the full financial audits, it came up every time. It's all part of the agent agreements. You'd be surprised(well, not really) how much money they pay their agents and for what. One NBA player in particular, who I won't name, but my wife's old boss was in charge for a period of time for dispensing various payments, and the day after one of these payments were made, there were 2 highlights of this player, who just never got them.

Rupp's Runt
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

so much for a free press.
    This will be a day longer remembered. It has seen the end of Pitino and will soon see the end of Louisville. September 27, 2017

There was literally never even the slightest chance he was returning. Just like there was no chance he was ever picking Harvard over Duke. He and his family have been playing this “academics are important to us, maybe we won’t be one and done” game for at least 2 years.

There was a better chance of me playing basketball on scholarship at Duke next year than Wendell Carter. And I’m 43, fat, hate Duke and sucked at basketball when I was young.

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    There was literally never even the slightest chance he was returning. Just like there was no chance he was ever picking Harvard over Duke. He and his family have been playing this “academics are important to us, maybe we won’t be one and done” game for at least 2 years.

There was a better chance of me playing basketball on scholarship at Duke next year than Wendell Carter. And I’m 43, fat, hate Duke and sucked at basketball when I was young.
    Theres a better than average chance your my long lost twin! LOL

Haha.
    ~Puma~

But can you flop and trip at the same time? That's really the question.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBird View Post
    Theres a better than average chance your my long lost twin! LOL
    That is really bad news for you!