Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Lightbulb Cal Making Serious Effort To Land BOTH Wiseman AND Carey “UK’s A Different Animal”

The new recruiting guy On CI (Sisk) had a lengthy interview with Vernon Carey’s coach after Cal visited him again Friday. Extremely positive for the Cats. Carey’s coach said “a lot of schools are recruiting Vernon, but UK is a different animal”

I realize it is sacrilege to say this, but landing Wiseman AND Vernon would be similar to getting AD and Cousins in the same recruiting class. I would bet Cal is selling both on this very thing.

A year and a half back Slater predicted UK was going to “clean up in 2019”. A class of:

Carey
    Wiseman
    Matthew Hurt
    Maxey
    Antoine
    Jeffries

Would certainly fit that.

Darryl

Re: Cal Making Serious Effort To Land BOTH Wiseman AND Carey “UK’s A Different Animal

Cal is certainly recruiting this group very hard, and you have to give Joel Justus credit for laying the foundation with this group. That early foundation was something that hadn't been done since Antigua departed. When Justus became an assistant in 2016-2017 he began working on the freshman and sophomore groups, those guys are now the guys Cal is recruiting for the 2019 and 2020 recruiting classes.

Re: Cal Making Serious Effort To Land BOTH Wiseman AND Carey “UK’s A Different Animal

So important to land that generational player for cal to win one, ad was that guy, towns and wall years were the other ones and we were so close

Forget Antoine based on that article.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by UKRxman93 View Post
    Agreed

Darryl

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Why?
    We aren’t Duke/UNC/Kansas, but in particular the first two. No problems for them. Problems galore for us in eligibility.

We aren’t Duke/UNC/Kansas, but in particular the first two. No problems for them. Problems galore for us in eligibility.
    How would there be eligibility issues? If it is over the rent issues there are no issues if they are paying a fair market rate.

How would there be eligibility issues? If it is over the rent issues there are no issues if they are paying a fair market rate.
    It MAY be ok, I’m just hypersensitive to this type of thing, we know how it plays with UK vs the other blue blood schools.

It MAY be ok, I’m just hypersensitive to this type of thing, we know how it plays with UK vs the other blue blood schools.
    Do we? Sandy tends to steer Cal away from guys with issues. Let's see how this works out, if Cal suddenly drops them then it may be because Sandy has said there will be issues.

yes, I doubt he is in Lexington. I do believe UK leads for Lewis though. academics or eligibility have little to do with it. I think he is Duke bound, and that's fine

You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

I've long advocated Carey and Wiseman as the foundation for a final four team. They are complimentary player in the would make the other better. Carey is a beast and I love his game, more than Wiseman. Attitude, physicality and a top notch game. He is my most coveted recruit in the class

You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

Cal Making Serious Effort To Land BOTH Wiseman AND Carey “UK’s A Different Animal”

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I've long advocated Carey and Wiseman as the foundation for a final four team. They are complimentary player in the would make the other better. Carey is a beast and I love his game, more than Wiseman. Attitude, physicality and a top notch game. He is my most coveted recruit in the class
    Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Sounds good to me.
    Yep, he talked me into it. We should just do that.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

A copy and pasted tweet from Zagoria

Adam Zagoria
    ‏Verified account @AdamZagoria

Kentucky’s John Calipari has no plans to meet with 2019 Vern Carey today, his father tells me. Reports had them meeting.
    seeya
    dan

“I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    A copy and pasted tweet from Zagoria

Adam Zagoria
    ‏Verified account @AdamZagoria

Kentucky’s John Calipari has no plans to meet with 2019 Vern Carey today, his father tells me. Reports had them meeting.
    Zags is the guy that reported that they were meeting today, the way he phrased the tweet you would think someone else had wrongly issued the report.

Cal Making Serious Effort To Land BOTH Wiseman AND Carey “UK’s A Different Animal”

Zags is the guy that reported that they were meeting today, the way he phrased the tweet you would think someone else had wrongly issued the report.
    Oh, that's funny.