Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

9mm carbine/pistol

Anyone shoot one of these submachine guns? Or have one they recommend? Is this a PC post?

Rupp's Runt

Re: 9mm carbine/pistol

I've not. A friend has the kel-tec, an AR9 SBR he built, and the scorpion.

He doesn't care for the kel-tec. Likes the AR9 a lot, loves the scorpion.

Hope to get one myself someday.

Good stuff! Watching a lot of videos.

Uzi. Can't go wrong. A little heavy but zero muzzle lift or recoil, tough as can be, so simple it's uber reliable (built for the desert). Can get the SBR with the short barrel, 32 round mags. Sweetest shooting gun I've ever fired in that category. Bought some to resell, had to keep one for myself.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Oh, and for a cheap one Hi Point makes one, actually gets a lot of positive reviews. Hi Points are rough, not fancy, but are reliable and have lifetime warranties. Wont' get any compliments at the range, but they do work.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Citizen,

Have an opinion on the Kel-tec?

You know I had one of the Kel Tec folding sub-guns for a while, never shot it and sold it. Not sure how it would shoot, loved that it was the ultimate "go gun", but like all the Kel Tecs very light weight.

Their guns have a cheap "feel", but I own two and both have been good guns. I have a PF9 and a P3AT. They aren't fancy but they work, and that was the founder's goal. The P3AT you can carry anywhere it's so small. I prefer to carry larger caliber when I can, but if you can't it works great.

The Uzi is not light, but it isn't super heavy either. We're talking 30-40 year old tech, made with Western principles but with Soviet manufacturing approaches (stamped parts). Compared to the Kel Tec it's no contest on weight and size, but I think I'd still take the Uzi. As reliable as you can get.