Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having a tough time

Re: Having a tough time

Sometimes the current is with you, and you swim hard, inspired, and you feel like you’re motorized.

Sometimes there is no current, there is a temptation to float, rest, be uninspired.

Sometimes the current is against you, you swim and still lose ground. You hit another gear, another level, desperation makes you tough and focused, and still, you’re close to drowning.

I know that midnight despair is life at it’s most real. You know it, too; you’ve been there before. You’ll survive and you’ll succeed.

And, what you’ll rememberat the party will be the hard stuff.
    Last edited by bigsky; 04-08-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Having a tough time

Fantastic, Niki. I'm so proud of you.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 04-09-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Great news, Nikki. You will have such an impact on the lives of your patients because of your passion and commitment. They will be blessed to have you.

Congratulations Nikki

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. You've been through so much already, it's just not right.

I'll certainly keep you in my prayers. You're a tough person and a real inspiration to all of us who've been able to know you online. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, like you have all this time.

Some universities have an Ombudsman's office--if yours does, you may want to schedule a meeting and see if they have any thoughts. If you run into a brick wall and have no other recourse, you may want to try meeting with the Dean of your program or the Dean of students. Hang in there.

EDIT, my untimely response below was behind the times. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

First, you are in my prayers. I know the arrogance in the medical community first hand..and thank God daily I am on the exec. and finance side of it so I can blow right through it. What is suggested above would be the recourse I would look at. Something here does not add up and does not fit. A history of good results and positive input and feedback against the final piece of the puzzle. It may take an independent arbiter like the Ombudsman to saw through that adminstrative arrogance BS...
    Last edited by VirginiaCat; 04-09-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Bombino

Congratulations on the great news! I am glad that you made it through and will achieve your goal. I (and likely many others here) understand the emotions you are feeling now, maybe not in the exact way but we have all experienced this kind of relief/vindication. Pour out a number of celebratory libations in and drink one for me!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Sometimes the current is with you, and you swim hard, inspired, and you feel like you’re motorized.

Sometimes there is no current, there is a temptation to float, rest, be uninspired.

Sometimes the current is against you, you swim and still lose ground. You hit another gear, another level, desperation makes you tough and focused, and still, you’re close to drowning.

I know that midnight despair is life at it’s most real. You know it, too; you’ve been there before. You’ll survive and you’ll succeed.

And, what you’ll rememberat the party will be the hard stuff.
    Very inspirational and well said. It is strange how some of the hardest things in life are those that you look back on fondly in the long run. The long nights studying, the difficulties encountered along the way, the times you tried and failed, failed relationships, etc. they all stick out and often not in a bad way; maybe because these often shape you into who you are.