Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: I've just become an RGIII fan.

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: I've just become an RGIII fan.

Parker could not find work if he were not a citizen of color. What a jerk
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Will he get fired for being such a blatant racist? Not holding my breath.

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post

It’s telling that when ESPN aired Best of First Take on Thursday afternoon, it included Parker’s comments. That’s because First Take thrives on provoking controversies with its panelists making outrageous claims, and it wasn’t until Parker’s comments were the subject of widespread criticism later in the day that ESPN felt the need to acknowledge the comments were inappropriate.

Just as the producers who decided to include Parker’s comments on the “Best Of” show apparently saw nothing wrong with them, Parker is clearly taken aback by ESPN suspending him: He initially defended his comments and called his critics “uneducated” and “silly” for questioning him.

I'll gladly eat my words if they take action but it sounds like it's in response to external criticism rather than anyone at ESPN noticing they had a racist rant appear on their network.

Still, I'll take it. I still doubt he'll be dismissed, which is what would happen were a white commentator to comment on a white athlete marrying a black woman in a derogatory or suspicious manner, but I guess it's better than nothing.