Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Dan Wolken Reporting Barbee May Be On Penny Hardaway’s Staff Next Season

At Memphis.

Wolken hates all things Calipari/UK

Darryl

Re: Dan Wolken Reporting Barbee May Be On Penny Hardaway’s Staff Next Season

Wolken seems to hate every Memphis coach eventually. Jerry Tipton wannabe.

Probably would be a good move for everybody. Penny’s going to need somebody like TB that has run a D1 program. Tony gets his name back out into the coaching discussions helping him toward getting a HC position. Cal shakes up our staff, alleviates getting stagnant and gets a change to reinvigorate our recruiting. Hope it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by KMSBball View Post
    Probably would be a good move for everybody. Penny’s going to need somebody like TB that has run a D1 program. Tony gets his name back out into the coaching discussions helping him toward getting a HC position. Cal shakes up our staff, alleviates getting stagnant and gets a change to reinvigorate our recruiting. Hope it works out.
    All of the above, and leaves us with a good relationship with Hardaway, not that I'm sure that means anything.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Dan Wolken Reporting Barbee May Be On Penny Hardaway’s Staff Next Season

Did Hardaway end up with the Memphis job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Did Hardaway end up with the Memphis job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothing official yet.

I hope so...

FWIW I have nothing against Barbee, I just think we have too many management assistants and not enough recruiting assistants. Robic is Cal's management/film type guy, he needs a top flight recruiter to go with Justus and then KP picking up some of that job but it not being his main job b/c he does a lot of player development and can't handle all of it.

Barbee impresses me as more of a management type guy who does development and other stuff more than recruiting.

I could be 100% wrong, but IMO a staff needs a full time high level recruiting assistant, 1 other one that is strong at it and it's about half his job, and then one guy who is full time there to do the film work and run the day to day and work with players. with 3 staff guys that gives you 1.5 on recruiting, 1.5 on the current roster.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

My sources tell me that Barbee is going to Memphis as HC and Hardaway is coming to UK as a recruiting guru.

Super Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Edward100 View Post
    My sources tell me that Barbee is going to Memphis as HC and Hardaway is coming to UK as a recruiting guru.
    Are you just messing with us? Or is this true?

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by Edward100 View Post
    A Cal disciple is as close to Cal as they are going to get.