Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

SGA Post Season: 21.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 6.6 apg, 2 T/O/gm, 2.4 spg, 57.1% FG, 81.6% FT

AND 50% from 3.

Has any UK player played better in 5 straight post season games? It won't take long to call roll if there are any.

Darryl

SGA Post Season: 21.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 6.6 apg, 2 T/O/gm, 2.4 spg, 57.1% FG, 81.6% FT

And freaking huge shots and plays when needed most. Haven't seen this level of clutch since Aaron Harrison.

Rupp's Runt
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Re: SGA Post Season: 21.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 6.6 apg, 2 T/O/gm, 2.4 spg, 57.1% FG, 81.6% F

Shai is otherworldly right now. I am blown away by his poise and his ability to not be stopped.
    This will be a day longer remembered. It has seen the end of Pitino and will soon see the end of Louisville. September 27, 2017

Re: SGA Post Season: 21.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 6.6 apg, 2 T/O/gm, 2.4 spg, 57.1% FG, 81.6% F

Not that I can think of....kids been playing awesome.

He's a beast and ALWAYS at the right times. When the game got close yesterday, it seemed like everyone else was getting tight. Shai always stepped up at those times to hit the big shot.

He actually looks likes he is playing in slo-motion when he drives because he is getting by so easily.

You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

The last ten games of the season he has improved more than any U.K. player I have ever seen. He has went from a good player to great point guard

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

He seems to be a genuinely nice kid too love his demeanor on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    He actually looks likes he is playing in slo-motion when he drives because he is getting by so easily.
    Said earlier this year that Shai plays an old mans game. He doesn't rely on blinding quickness, speed or jumping ability, because he doesn't have those. He uses body control, change of speed, angles and vision.

I do worry abut how his game will translate to the pros. Those guys there aren't as dumb as the kids he is fooling now.

He's the undisputed glue and leader of this team...I'm not ashamed to admit that I could never have predicted this!!! GOOD FOR HIM AND US!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    His long strides with the dribble allow him to cover a lot of distance with very few strides. In traffic on one play yesterday he went from outside the FT line to layup in a single step.

It’s absolutely remarkable to me that SGA isn’t getting more love from the national media. Then again, I suppose it’s not surprising given that he’s not gotten enough from BBN, either. This kid now stands in the very midst of Wall, Knight, and Fox as Kentucky’s best point guards under Calipari. Not as explosive as Wall. Not as good a shooter as Knight. Not as fast as Fox. But possibly better rounded than all three. This kid is an assassin. He does everything well. He does everything right. All while carrying another remarkable Calipari team. Cherish these last few, God willing, games. He’s special.

Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    It’s absolutely remarkable to me that SGA isn’t getting more love from the national media. Then again, I suppose it’s not surprising given that he’s not gotten enough from BBN, either. This kid now stands in the very midst of Wall, Knight, and Fox as Kentucky’s best point guards under Calipari. Not as explosive as Wall. Not as good a shooter as Knight. Not as fast as Fox. But possibly better rounded than all three. This kid is an assassin. He does everything well. He does everything right. All while carrying another remarkable Calipari team. Cherish these last few, God willing, games. He’s special.
    SGA isn't flashy, he plays an old school game. Flashy games get the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    The talk of him doing too much, of Green being better with the offense, was a false notion IMO. SGA has always been the better PG at this point, and the differences in offensive motion of other players was due to what Cal was calling, not what SGA was doing. Green is good too, but SGA has more length and driving ability, and that suits Cal's system very well.

He was accused of doing "too much" mostly. Wall was great, but he did "too much" all the time. Often had 5-6 or more turnovers a game. SGA has taken some bad shots and forced things here and there, but it's 1-2 possessions a game, which is nothing. Esp. with him learning what to do when in real time.

He's steady, has the instincts of a clutch player, and runs the team well. He's more of a scoring PG than Green, but the difference in things like off the ball movement weren't due to SGA, it's the difference in what Cal was running in the offense. he tried to dribble drive far too long this year with SGA in there, and now he's running more sets to give more structure to this young bunch, and it's working.

SGA was only doing what he was supposed to in going on those high ball screens all the time. He has improved no doubt, but he's also now running a different set offensive plays.

He's also learning what to do when. He forced a couple of possessions in the first game, realized it himself, and then started kicking more when driving. He's smart, and he's figuring it out fast.

I'm glad he'll get a good contract, but I'll miss him. As has been said he's more "old school" than "uber talent", and I love watching those kinds of players.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

The three and sushing of the Zags fans was my favorite Shai play this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    The three and sushing of the Zags fans was my favorite Shai play this year.
    That was great. He's got a swag to him that's very positive.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon