Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Kevin Grevey on SGA

Says he's NBA ready
    Last edited by KeithKSR; 03-14-2018 at 04:22 PM.

Re: Kevin Green on SGA

Grevey

He is and he gone prob Lotto if not just outside it

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
    Grevey
    Good...I don't have to ask "who is Kevin Green?"

You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

He's only NBA ready by default, that there aren't 20-30 guys more prepared than he is. He's not close to being an NBA contributor and will be spending more of his time in the G-League for the next several years.

He's getting better, though, and he's the type of player that we need to do big things to make a run in this tourney, but he's NOT NBA ready unless that's solely defined on taking the best players available.

Re: Kevin Grevey on SGA

I fixed the title of the thread.

The NBA is in search of 30 guys to give millions to this June. SGA isn't ready for the league, outside of about four or five of the freshmen no one is. However, if they see him as one of the top 20 prospects are willing to pay him $3 million or more per season, then he should go.

SGA has an old school Larry Bird, Magic Johnson type of game. Under control, knows what he can do and does it. He is quicker than he appears, and more athletic than given credit. Basketball player first, athlete second.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    He's only NBA ready by default, that there aren't 20-30 guys more prepared than he is. He's not close to being an NBA contributor and will be spending more of his time in the G-League for the next several years.

He's getting better, though, and he's the type of player that we need to do big things to make a run in this tourney, but he's NOT NBA ready unless that's solely defined on taking the best players available.
    I thought he would sit the bench this year at uk and look what the kid has worked himself into in a year, I wouldnt bet against him sticking on a roster and getting some good minutes if the fit is right. He has a great feel for the game and his length is nba length. He has great feel for the game and I think what he does best will work in the nba which is getting to the rim in a sneaky way. His spot up jumper is fine but shooting jumpers off the move and slow release is gonna hurt his stock in workouts as well as his lack of elite jumping ability. I think hes one that defies the odds of conventional nba due to his length and savvy and work ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    I thought he would sit the bench this year at uk and look what the kid has worked himself into in a year, I wouldn’t bet against him sticking on a roster and getting some good minutes if the fit is right. He has a great feel for the game and his length is nba length. He has great feel for the game and I think what he does best will work in the nba which is getting to the rim in a sneaky way. His spot up jumper is fine but shooting jumpers off the move and slow release is gonna hurt his stock in workouts as well as his lack of elite jumping ability. I think he’s one that defies the odds of conventional nba due to his length and savvy and work ethic.
    I'm not betting against him sticking on a roster, but I would bet against him getting meaningful minutes. I would bet the over on whether he spends more time in the G League vs the NBA next season. Now, that doesn't mean I doubt his abilities to have a successful pro career, I do think he'll have one. I see him having a Jamal Crawford like career, if he improves his shooting.

I dont think he can defend a quality NBA point guard or take one off the dribble, but he has some unique qualities that could make him a valuable and often used reserve

Before I leave Id like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I think he’ll go higher than his skill level at this point projects just due to his character and work ethic. I’d actually trade down to get a kid like SGA over gambling on some of the higher upside guys and would be more than happy with that risk/return tradeoff. JMO

He is a high IQ player and that's rare at the freshmen level.

Saw somewhere a month ago that he and Knox were projected first round. I agre both need more seasoning but old rules don't apply. NBA chooses on potential now

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
    Saw somewhere a month ago that he and Knox were projected first round. I agre both need more seasoning but old rules don't apply. NBA chooses on potential now
    Whut? When did that start?
    Don't panic