Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Uh Oh..UVA’s Top Reserve Deandre Hunter Out For NCAAT. ACC 6th Man Of Year

May want to scratch them from your Final Four

Broken wrist

Darryl

Re: Uh Oh..UVA’s Top Reserve Deandre Hunter Out For NCAAT. ACC 6th Man Of Year

That will certainly be a significant blow.

When did that happen?

Were long overdue a little NCAA tourney luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    When did that happen?
    Injury occurred in the ACC tourney

No scratching necessary. Hate it for the young man but they weren’t in my final four anyway.
    Don't panic

Mine either
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Somewhere the Committee s pissed!!! Calipari better not beat are Arizona road block lol

Like I said.. get out of this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBird View Post
    Injury occurred in the ACC tourney
    Hmm. Maybe Virginia's road is going to be difficult no matter which highway they took to the Final Four.

Are they good enough to withstand that injury?

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    Like I said.. get out of this weekend
    Davidson and Arizona are real keys. We could lose to either. Hopefully we won't lose at all.

Boy that's deep Davidson n Arizona are the keys

Quote Originally Posted by Harlow View Post
    Boy that's deep Davidson n Arizona are the keys
    I was going to add "the keys to advancing to the Sweet Sixteen," but figured I'd get hammered for that one!

Don’t have them winning it all anyways. But yes, Virginia can withstand the blow. They are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Don’t have them winning it all anyways. But yes, Virginia can withstand the blow. They are really good.
    He’s an excellent big guard, but they’re a very deep team. I just took a look at his numbers and he was averaging 20 MPG, 9 points and 3.5 Rebs.

Davidson and Arizona are real keys. We could lose to either. Hopefully we won't lose at all.
    Actually I think Davidson is the keymaster and Arizona the gatekeeper.
    Don't panic

Quote Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
    He’s an excellent big guard, but they’re a very deep team. I just took a look at his numbers and he was averaging 20 MPG, 9 points and 3.5 Rebs.
    I took a close look myself.

He's been their leading scorer in 6 games this year, including 3 of the last 11. In those 3, he scored 14, 22 and 15. All three games were road games, and 5 of the 6 games this year he was the leading scorer were in road contests. He's also been their leading rebounder in 5 games as well.

The team is a low-scoring team, but he contributed nearly 14% of their scoring punch as their 4th leading scorer. He's also their 4th leading rebounder, and 4th in steals.

He hits nearly 50% from the floor, nearly 40% from 3-point range, and over 75% from the FT line.

He's their 4th leading scorer (5th scorer chips in only 5.9 points), and their 4th leading rebounder.

He's a nightmare matchup as a 6'7 guard and can defend (so can every other player on Virginia's roster, I know).

They can survive his loss, but I suspect they'll have that game where they'll look for him to pick up the team--and he won't be there. That has happened quite a few times this season, and of course, he's been there for them. Teams like Virginia often have someone else step up to pick up the slack, and that's what they'll need.

It's why they call it March Madness.

I took a close look myself.

He's been their leading scorer in 6 games this year, including 3 of the last 11. In those 3, he scored 14, 22 and 15. All three games were road games, and 5 of the 6 games this year he was the leading scorer were in road contests. He's also been their leading rebounder in 5 games as well.

The team is a low-scoring team, but he contributed nearly 14% of their scoring punch as their 4th leading scorer. He's also their 4th leading rebounder, and 4th in steals.

He hits nearly 50% from the floor, nearly 40% from 3-point range, and over 75% from the FT line.

He's their 4th leading scorer (5th scorer chips in only 5.9 points), and their 4th leading rebounder.

He's a nightmare matchup as a 6'7 guard and can defend (so can every other player on Virginia's roster, I know).

They can survive his loss, but I suspect they'll have that game where they'll look for him to pick up the team--and he won't be there. That has happened quite a few times this season, and of course, he's been there for them. Teams like Virginia often have someone else step up to pick up the slack, and that's what they'll need.

It's why they call it March Madness.
    Good analysis, D, one of my coworkers who is a Nole fan and follows the ACC much closer than I have this year thought that his loss would be similar to UK missing Vanderbilt. I don’t know if that’s a fair comparison or not, but he’s certainly a significant piece that they’ve had in the rotation all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
    Good analysis, D, one of my coworkers who is a Nole fan and follows the ACC much closer than I have this year thought that his loss would be similar to UK missing Vanderbilt. I don’t know if that’s a fair comparison or not, but he’s certainly a significant piece that they’ve had in the rotation all season.
    I just didn't follow them well enough to know. I still don't. Those stats give me a little concern for them, but teams like that have a way of stepping up and filling the gap.

And I hope we get Vanderbilt back soon. I don't like to test the premise.

Critical losing him at this time of year. One play, one loss and its game over.
    It's the effect it will have on the other kids when the rotation is changed. You have a decent shot, draw a help defender, but remember your team mate often has the better shot and should be in his area. But its not him.
    At best you stop to think, and at the worst you make a critical mistake. That can happen multiple times when the rotation is altered.
    And in the "Dance" one play on either end can at times end your season. You must be consistent on both ends to advance.

He is obviously the key to their rotation being the sixth man of the year in conference.

The equivalent of us losing Quade.
    Last edited by kingcat; 03-13-2018 at 08:52 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I just didn't follow them well enough to know. I still don't. Those stats give me a little concern for them, but teams like that have a way of stepping up and filling the gap.

And I hope we get Vanderbilt back soon. I don't like to test the premise.
    Darrell, if we don't get Vanderbilt back before the Arizona game, it will be hard to come away with a win IMO. I think our big guys will be in serious foul trouble early and Gabriel and Washington can't handle Ayten. Vanderbilt probably can't either, but at least it will give us more five more fouls to give. I know cal probably won't do it, but they might be better off playing zone and trying to deny him the ball, instead of defending him when he gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
    Darrell, if we don't get Vanderbilt back before the Arizona game, it will be hard to come away with a win IMO. I think our big guys will be in serious foul trouble early and Gabriel and Washington can't handle Ayten. Vanderbilt probably can't either, but at least it will give us more five more fouls to give. I know cal probably won't do it, but they might be better off playing zone and trying to deny him the ball, instead of defending him when he gets it.
    If we play Arizona....I can almost guarantee you that Cal will start Richards on Ayton and bring in SKJ often as well. And then they will trap every time he touches the ball. That is how Cal has almost always handled bigs that are really good. And he's usually had a lot of success doing it.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    If we play Arizona....I can almost guarantee you that Cal will start Richards on Ayton and bring in SKJ often as well. And then they will trap every time he touches the ball. That is how Cal has almost always handled bigs that are really good. And he's usually had a lot of success doing it.
    Have they determined saturday game times IF we beat Davidson?

Peace

Richard (CW)

I feel confident Richards will feel more comfortable playing against someone his own size. Plus Ayton likes to work outside the paint often. He and Ayton have met before

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post

Peace

Richard (CW)
    Not sure. But you can bet it will be prime time.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post

Peace

Richard (CW)
    No. They never do that until they see who’s won so they can base times on matchups.

Don't think this was everything, but it didn't help. This was one of those games they needed a tough minded match up nightmare to lead them in scoring, and he wasn't there.

I think they were going down regardless, but remember, this was a tie game at Halftime. Virginia is a different team with the lead.