Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Lasting only 15 seconds...

When did TV commercials begin lasting only 15 seconds? Didn't they used to always be 30 seconds and a minute long?

When did this happen? Was watching TV tonight, just timing everything with a stopwatch for fun and was really struck by how many (most) of the commercials are short hitters of 15-seconds now.

Fab Five

Re: Lasting only 15 seconds...

It has been going on a long time, at least 5or six years. I believe there are some as short as 10 seconds. I think Shay’s Jewelers in Hoover has a series that is ten seconds. Many of your legal beagle friends do 15 second commercials and then come back with another 15 second commercial 30 seconds later. One says truckers are dangerous and the scond one says don’t take their insurance carrier’s offer.
    Real Fan since 1958

Lasting only 15 seconds...

Porchini’s started it back in 2003.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire