Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Crooks is dumb.

Crooks is dumb.

So I get this text this morning from 5th/3rd bank’s fraud department Wanting to know if we had tried to charge $382 at JCPENNEY.com. I immediately texted back NO because my wife does all her online shopping at Amazon. Turns out it was her debit card and the bank blocked it due to my reply (Mrs. CF73 confirmed it wasn’t her). She would never use the debit for online purchases so it had to be someone local, at a restaurant or where she gets her nails done, etc. but shouldn’t the bank have an address to send the police to if you’re shopping online?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Re: Crooks is dumb.

I check my credit card accts regularly and a couple of years ago there was a $200+ charge for a pair of Timberlands. I had to file a report with the local police after calling CC security. The guy lived in Idaho, I had the address and gave to the local police there. I got credited the amount taken.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Crooks is dumb.

I got contacted a few years ago, multiple surf board purchase in California from New Hampshire (IIRC).... with my debit number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Turns out there was also $250 purchased from some California company, also online. I have no idea how the bank deals with this sort of stuff but I have to assume that someone tries to prosecute? Maybe the retailers?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Crooks are dumb....thats why they become crooks, or politicians
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I once had a washer and dryer puchased in Washington State on my business credit card. Needless to say it wasnt me. No idea how they got the number as the card was in my wallet. Also recently had a gas card pilfered. Hit it every other day for exactly 50.00 worth of diesel fuel (we dont own any diesel cars) and I happen to be in the Bahamas for part of the time. It was confined to 2 stations, same owner, in Hollywood FL. Assume it was an inside job but that was the companies problem, not mine.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.