Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Universal remote suggestions?

I’ve got a Logitech Harmony 890, but the backlight has gone out. It works by radio and IR, so it operates units in a cabinet without direct line of sight which the IR only requires.

Review are limited on these and they mostly point to Logitech. To get a comparable unit, I’m looking at $250 plus. I could go with the lower priced IR models, but that doesn’t address the cabinet issue.

Suggestions?

Re: Universal remote suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    At least the color is right!

I always paint my nails blue...err, I mean, I searched long and hard on Google for that image.

Our next remote will probably either be the Harmony Hub or Harmony Hub with remote. You can set it up so your smart phone or tablet works as your remote, doesn't require line of sight and also works with Alexa. You don't get the LCD remote with those models but they're less expensive and have the features we want.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Our next remote will probably either be the Harmony Hub or Harmony Hub with remote. You can set it up so your smart phone or tablet works as your remote, doesn't require line of sight and also works with Alexa. You don't get the LCD remote with those models but they're less expensive and have the features we want.
    Thanks, Brian. I was looking at these and wondered about the customer ratings. There’s 16-20% 1 star ratings from about 800 or 1000 ratings, depending on which unit. Does that cause you any pause?

David, it does a little bit, and if I were paying $250-300 I'd be more nervous. But we'd probably just get the hub, which is $75, and use our phones as remotes. Plus it has a 30-day return period so I can try it out and return it if we don't like it.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    David, it does a little bit, and if I were paying $250-300 I'd be more nervous. But we'd probably just get the hub, which is $75, and use our phones as remotes. Plus it has a 30-day return period so I can try it out and return it if we don't like it.
    Good points. Thanks.

Best Buy has a sale going on their Harmony Hub with remote (for about $59), so I'm going to pull the trigger and let you know how it works.

Universal remote suggestions?

Or Walmart.

Thanks!