Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Tubby Smith used to say...

That your team was never as good or as bad as you think. With this team dropping some games and growing often irrational criticism mounting from without, Calipari’s latest Wildcats are again doing the impossible. A freshman bunch, greener than any squad in history, is starting to find its way. Losses and cold-shooting woes drummed up a panic around Big Blue Nation rarely seen before, but as Kentucky struggled offensively they were showing amazing signs of growth defensively. Boardwork is becoming a strength with Vanderbilt adding a needed often game-changing dimension. A daunting learning curve has made this young bunch frustrating to watch at times, and mistakes are still common, droughts too frequent. But the ceiling is still very high. Arguably more balanced than the 2014 Cats, a team they mirror in lots of ways, watch out down the stretch. A bad bounce could end this season with more of a whimper, but a few breaks could still catapult this gritty bunch to unexpected greatness. I for one am buckled in, ready to enjoy the March ride, no matter where it takes us, the wildest in all of sport.

Re: Tubby Smith used to say...

Consistency is the hardest thing to learn when your young. Even more so when its a whole team of players.

.You might go potty every day for a week, but then..
    Last edited by kingcat; 02-20-2018 at 11:55 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    That your team was never as good or as bad as you think. With this team dropping some games and growing often irrational criticism mounting from without, Calipari’s latest Wildcats are again doing the impossible. A freshman bunch, greener than any squad in history, is starting to find its way. Losses and cold-shooting woes drummed up a panic around Big Blue Nation rarely seen before, but as Kentucky struggled offensively they were showing amazing signs of growth defensively. Boardwork is becoming a strength with Vanderbilt adding a needed often game-changing dimension. A daunting learning curve has made this young bunch frustrating to watch at times, and mistakes are still common, droughts too frequent. But the ceiling is still very high. Arguably more balanced than the 2014 Cats, a team they mirror in lots of ways, watch out down the stretch. A bad bounce could end this season with more of a whimper, but a few breaks could still catapult this gritty bunch to unexpected greatness. I for one am buckled in, ready to enjoy the March ride, no matter where it takes us, the wildest in all of sport.
    Great post!
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Rupp's Runt
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Spock always gives a thoughtful statement. Good read.
    This will be a day longer remembered. It has seen the end of Pitino and will soon see the end of Louisville. September 27, 2017

W
    Spock , are you the Spock that used to post on Rivals back before it became a sewer ?

Absolutely!

Absolutely!
    Well I really like you then !

Tubby Smith used to say...

Quote Originally Posted by Powermaker View Post
    Well I really like you then !
    I really liked him then, and now!

Bombino

The OP is 100% correct. However, the BBN will not accept this kind of season year in and out. Double digit losses should only happen here because of significant injuries or this once a decade confluence of unexpected departures and almost zero upperclassmen.