Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

THAT Second Half UK Team Is Final Four Good

Anything can happen in the NCAA but I think we win out and then win the SECT

Darryl

Unforgettable

Re: THAT Second Half UK Team Is Final Four Good

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Anything can happen in the NCAA but I think we win out and then win the SECT

Darryl
    I’m with ya D
    Real Fan since 1958

Very impressive..teams who like to run, we will win...team is starting to play for each other.. I know some like a deep bench, Cal has found his 6, let Diallo and Richards spell the bigs and guards and lets roll.... i’m Still in shock, cal just took a bunch of freshman and a sophomore and smoked mike Anderson again lol

Beating Mike Anderson is always a good day. Do NOT like that guy.

Anyway, having back to back games where they play harder, play together and get it done without big gaps in focus is a huge step forward for them.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Rupp's Runt
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Win was the last UK double digit win? Louisville needs to vacates wins and titles more often.
    This will be a day longer remembered. It has seen the end of Pitino and will soon see the end of Louisville. September 27, 2017

I was never down on this team, but I'm not quite ready to say that we're going on a 7-8 game winning streak. Like I've said 100's of times, I'm satisfied when this team becomes the best version of themselves by tourney time. We're getting there. Good back to back wins is a very positive sign that we're making that move.

PJ and JV with a nice 23 and 19 off the bench...

One and Done

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

Anyway, having back to back games where they play harder, play together and get it done without big gaps in focus is a huge step forward for them.
    I was at the NCAA game where we lost to UAB/Mike Anderson as a one seed. The most painful game I’ve ever witnessed and I love anytime we can beat that jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    Win was the last UK double digit win? Louisville needs to vacates wins and titles more often.
    This is two DD wins in a row. Beat Bama by 10.

first time that's happened since exhibitions maybe.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I admit I’m unnaturaly giddy about beating Arky and Anderson, but I really feel we embraced and exhibited all of the things you identified above in the second half tonight in particular. I was so proud how we fought through our own breakdowns and missteps and continued to compete at the same high level without any pouting or drop off on the next play.

Quote Originally Posted by goodycat View Post
    I was at the NCAA game where we lost to UAB/Mike Anderson as a one seed. The most painful game I’ve ever witnessed and I love anytime we can beat that jerk.
    IMO the entire Nolan Richardson coaching tree needs a good dose of Round-Up. Not that it's very large, but it's really low brow.

IMO the entire Nolan Richardson coaching tree needs a good dose of Round-Up. Not that it's very large, but it's really low brow.
    Get that dude who poisoned Auburns trees

You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

Quote Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
    I admit I’m unnaturaly giddy about beating Arky and Anderson, but I really feel we embraced and exhibited all of the things you identified above in the second half tonight in particular. I was so proud how we fought through our own breakdowns and missteps and continued to compete at the same high level without any pouting or drop off on the next play.
    We didn't let mistakes or their big plays get to us. Stayed with our plan, kept on playing. That was the key.

They're starting to learn and mature. You win these games by being fundamentally sound for 40 minutes, staying focused and playing hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Get that dude who poisoned Auburns trees
    Nah. that guy didn't get that this is all virtual, not for real.

They all are trusting their roles and the offense isn’t standing around staring at Shai...He played a masterful game tonight..I mean did he come out?

Fair to say Alabama and Arkansas were the two hottest teams in the SEC?

Darryl

Very impressive. I'm all in.

We didn't let mistakes or their big plays get to us. Stayed with our plan, kept on playing. That was the key.

They're starting to learn and mature. You win these games by being fundamentally sound for 40 minutes, staying focused and playing hard.
    We’re growing up. We’ll digress at times I’m sure in maddening ways, but there was maturation tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
    We’re growing up. We’ll digress at times I’m sure in maddening ways, but there was maturation tonight.
    Yep, we're not done taking steps back I imagine, but two games in a row with good basic focus and discipline is a very big positive.

The difference is Jared vanderbilt, there aren’t many guys like that and if he keeps getting better we can go on a run. Keep diallo limited with a big dose of Jared.

Just a beautiful 2nd half.

Very impressive and easily most enjoyable game of the year thus far.

Those 5 are so good together, I really think we need to change the starting lineup. I know it's bad to do that this late, but imagine how good we could be if WE jump ahead of the other team versus getting behind.

Diallo, Richards, and Gabriel off the bench, along with SKJ. In THAT role, I really like them. I'm content with that bench. But Green, Shai, Knox, JV, and PJ need all the min they can handle.

I am not getting too high or too low at this point, but I do hope that in Cal's mind he has found his rotation. The Diallo project has just not worked out. I don't see us winning at Florida that is for sure. Hope I am wrong. What a great win for the Cats last night though!

Peace

Richard (CW)

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    I am not getting too high or too low at this point, but I do hope that in Cal's mind he has found his rotation. The Diallo project has just not worked out. I don't see us winning at Florida that is for sure. Hope I am wrong. What a great win for the Cats last night though!

Peace

Richard (CW)
    Florida has lost five games at home this year

We absolutely can beat them down there

Darryl

Making the extra pass, reducing unforced turnovers, making open jump shots, fighting through not around or under screens on defense, attacking the glass, this team could just be finding their stride.

Diallo has to sit out starting a game. Make him see the game from the bench and then attack it.

Unforgettable

Seeing a lot of things to be positive about over the past four days. The best four halves of basketball we have played in a row all season, and that is what you need to make a run in March - consistency. We will absolutely have to have Knox hitting perimeter shots and it will help immensely to have Green doing it, too. Vanderbilt, as noted above, is a game changer. I also agree with Ander regarding the number of guys playing. If it's 6, it's 6.

The best thing is that there is still room for improvement. What I saw last night still wasn't the sleek Ferrari we want to be. Still a lot of starting/stopping, smoking, etc. But things are moving in the right direction.

With us scoring as we were last night I would have loved to have seen more press, especially with Vanderbilt being a part of it. On the other hand, if you shorten the bench you can't take a chance on the fouls that might come with that.

But for the first time this year I am really excited to see the next game to see how these guys play.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance—it is the illusion of knowledge."
    - Daniel J. Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Florida has lost five games at home this year

We absolutely can beat them down there

Darryl
    Oh I do think we can, but just think we lose that one. I just home Cal does not digress with the lineup at this point. It is obvious now what our rotation should look like. I feel bad for Diallo, but he has had his chances and it's time to accept his roll.

Peace

Richard (CW)

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    Seeing a lot of things to be positive about over the past four days. The best four halves of basketball we have played in a row all season, and that is what you need to make a run in March - consistency. We will absolutely have to have Knox hitting perimeter shots and it will help immensely to have Green doing it, too. Vanderbilt, as noted above, is a game changer. I also agree with Ander regarding the number of guys playing. If it's 6, it's 6.

The best thing is that there is still room for improvement. What I saw last night still wasn't the sleek Ferrari we want to be. Still a lot of starting/stopping, smoking, etc. But things are moving in the right direction.

With us scoring as we were last night I would have loved to have seen more press, especially with Vanderbilt being a part of it. On the other hand, if you shorten the bench you can't take a chance on the fouls that might come with that.

But for the first time this year I am really excited to see the next game to see how these guys play.
    Totally agree

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    Oh I do think we can, but just think we lose that one. I just home Cal does not digress with the lineup at this point. It is obvious now what our rotation should look like. I feel bad for Diallo, but he has had his chances and it's time to accept his roll.

Peace

Richard (CW)
    I think Cal gets it. Only 5 guys played more than 15 min last night. Diallo has only averaged right around that amount the past several games. In terms of minutes played, he's tightening up and going with the best and then last night even said he's done with the rotation and sticking with the ones who get it done.

My biggest question is whether that will translate into who actually STARTS as opposed to just who ends up with the most minutes. Against the best teams and the biggest games, we can't afford to get down 6-12 points in the first few min because our best rebounder and best shooter/facilitator start on the bench!

I think cal continues to start Hami only because at some point we’ll need him..

Hami is trying, he just doesn’t let the game come to him..