Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

OT: Anyone know anything about wasp/bee stings?

Got stung middle of last week on my 4th finger, left hand by a wasp. Didn't think much of it, hurt a bit but no big deal. Well every day since it's gotten worse. First it got sore, then welts formed on the finger where it got me. Now they are forming down my hand and palm, two fingers and half my hand are tingly and a little numb, now going down my arm (also got stung slightly on my arm near shoulder but that hasn't reacted as bad). wrist is starting to ache.

read up on it, and I've been stung before but many years ago, seems I'm not in mortal danger but this is getting worse, not better. Anyone have an experience with this getting worse like this over days? so far just annoying but if I need to go do something to head off it becoming a real issue...

If I'm going to die go ahead and tell me so I can quit working and go have some fun. Seriously, I'll get somewhere warm and party till the wake.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: OT: Anyone know anything about wasp/bee stings?

Sounds like it’s time to go see a doctor to me. I got into it with some yellow jackets a couple of years ago, got stung 3 or 4 times on my right ring finger. Nasty little buggars. I finally went to a doctor when people started asking me why my hand was so swollen and he gave me a steroid shot that did the trick.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Probably good advice. I just don't have the time or inclination, but may have to do it. I know antihistimines are indicated, but they make me loopy and I don't need that either.

But it sounds like yours was the same, it just kept getting worse slowly but surely. I really didn't expect to be 4-5 days into this and it is still actually breaking out and getting worse.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Yeah mine was “tingly” and numb also, just a bad reaction I’m sure but the yellow jackets and wasps will land and feed on anything, not just pretty flowers like honey bees, so it was possibly infected too. I don’t remember but the doc may have prescribed antibiotics also. I kept thinking it would clear up on its own but it wasn’t.
    Last edited by Catfan73; 02-18-2018 at 11:32 PM.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Good advice, and appreciate you sharing the info. Has motivated me to take some action, b/c this isn't getting better and starting to make it hard to type.

Rupp's Runt

Get to the doctor. I've seen less than this turn into more.

Go to the doctor.

I went. I don't agree w the doctor. She thought it was infected so antibiotics, and that's OK, but thought it may be shingles.

Now really, I grabbed the wasp in the exact spot these welts and swelling are appearing, and per my research a "large area reaction" can take 5-10 days to fully react and resolve, and that's right in my window.

Now it may be infected too, but all that I read it was about taking antihistimines and steroids for it.

So I'm not sure what to do. I got a Benadryl tonight to take and see what happens. Just not sure I need a course of antibiotics for this b/c I'm not convinced it's a bacterial infection.

Id give you the answer but law requires I do a heartworn and fecal check first

Seriously, bendryl(diphenbydramine) stops the reaction. Its histamine mediate hence antihistamines...but they dont get rid of the inflammation that is there. Thats what the steroids do. Even a topical roid will help (betamethasone, triamcinalone, etc)
    Last edited by Doc; 02-19-2018 at 10:59 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Good advice, and appreciate you sharing the info. Has motivated me to take some action, b/c this isn't getting better and starting to make it hard to type.
    So, the tequila didn’t help? Isn’t it starve a cold and drink shots of tequila for bee stings? I may have that backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

there have been cases where certain bees inject early stage maggot larva under the skin which then travel via blood vessels eventually making their way to the stomach. At that point when you speak, flies will exit your mouth, ears, and nose leaving the impression you have been spiritually possessed.

But i wouldn't worry about it much. i assure you there are worse things than Haloperidol and sanitariums for the mentally deranged.
    Last edited by kingcat; 02-19-2018 at 11:37 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain