Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Going to be in a parade today

At Universal Studio's, their Mardi Gras parade. We did it last year and it was a blast. Get to ride on one of the floats and throw beads. Sounds goofy but its real fun. They have a drawing and we got selected...plus we have 3 more times over the next two months where we could get picked again.

Ive never tried to post image from my phone but will try. This is from last year. We were on the Gator float with is the finale float

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

From a guy in New Orleans where it's a year round thing, they spend thousands of dollars of their own money for the privilege of doing so in dues and supplies, I think it sounds like a blast.

Before I left New Orleans, I was going to be a member of Bacchus and do that every year.

Have a great time, Doc. And good luck on getting to do it again.

Re: Going to be in a parade today

Ill post some pictures tomorrow
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I think I'd like to see Darrell's pics from his Mardi Gras, but I doubt we could put them here.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Ill post some pictures tomorrow
    Won't be at Disney today will you? We will be at Magic Kingdom today and Epcot tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Won't be at Disney today will you? We will be at Magic Kingdom today and Epcot tomorrow.
    Nope, working but my wife and daughter are there.

Last edited by Doc; 02-19-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Handsome looking family Doc.
    It would appear that like so many others here, that you have out-kicked your coverage.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Rupp's Runt

Blue, unlike the others here, my wife married up

All that arnge! Not sure I could have gone through with it.... you’ve got a strong constitution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Looks like a lot of fun.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    All that arnge! Not sure I could have gone through with it.... you’ve got a strong constitution.

Like I said, last year we were on the Gator float. Fortunately my daughter is enrolled at UF so it was great for her. Our floats color was orange based so didnt have much choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Like I said, last year we were on the Gator float. Fortunately my daughter is enrolled at UF so it was great for her. Our floats color was orange based so didnt have much choice.
    All kid’n aside...looks like a blast!!

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire