Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Fab Five

OT: This may be the worst underage sexual abuse scandal yet - Swimming

The Orange County Register has an expose on the rampant sex abuse that is taking/has taken place in swimming since 1997. "In the 20 years Chuck Weilgus headed United States swimming 252 swim coaches were arrested, charged by prosecutors, or disciplined by USAS for sexual abuse or misconduct against individuals under 18." In all there are almost 600 victims who have been identified.

It is a very long article, but the above paragraph tells you all you need to know. You have heard the rest about how the people in charge reacted and the actions they took.......or didn't take. It is sick, sick, sick.

One additional piece of information, California Rep. George Miller sent a letter to FBI Director Comey in 2014 asking him to investigate. Guess what the FBI did?
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 02-18-2018 at 12:14 AM.
    Real Fan since 1958

Re: OT: This may be the worst underage sexual abuse scandal yet - Swimming

252 coaches? Seriously?

That's beyond my comprehension. Sounds like a documentary on the Thai sex trade, not an American Olympic sport.

Can I bring up my support for the return of public hanging as a method of deterrence?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    252 coaches? Seriously?

That's beyond my comprehension. Sounds like a documentary on the Thai sex trade, not an American Olympic sport.

Can I bring up my support for the return of public hanging as a method of deterrence?
    Yes it has my full support
    Real Fan since 1958

Comey is a piece of ****. This is awful

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post

One additional piece of information, California Rep. George Miller sent a letter to FBI Director Comey in 2014 asking him to investigate. Guess what the FBI did?
    Not to get political...but I watch Judge Jeanine Pirro show lasrt night (not to be confused with Judge Judy...different show) and she went off on the FBI, more off than normal. But as usual, she was correct. The FBI is too politicized. Her rant was on their lack of action or effort in the Parkland High School shooting where they had numerous tips about Nickolas Cruz yet did nothing, claiming they had neither the resources or cause. They have the resources to chase this Russian bunk for a year now so it makes the resources excuse argument pretty sketchy.

IMO at some point people have to look at the parents as well. Im not suggesting they are guilty but as a parent, you should be on the lookout for such things
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Comeback Cat

My kids have all swam in USA. My wife has officiated many meets that usually go three days. She is at one now.. They get paid nothing and the events are expensive. All the money goes to the State and National Committees. Reading that article makes my blood boil. Great people involved at local level but like many of our governmental agencies "rotten" at the top.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by LakeCat View Post
    My kids have all swam in USA. My wife has officiated many meets that usually go three days. She is at one now.. They get paid nothing and the events are expensive. All the money goes to the State and National Committees. Reading that article makes my blood boil. Great people involved at local level but like many of our governmental agencies "rotten" at the top.
    You are correct. What appears to happen so often is there is significant inflow of cash into an organization. The shield must be protected at any cost. keep the gravy train running. Penn St., MSu, USOC, Gymnastics, swimming, our churches. People can’t say no to the lifestyle the enjoy, even if it means ruining our children. Meanwhile the FBI puts politics ahead of doing their job. It is a sick world!
    Real Fan since 1958