Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trae Young lovers..itís called a scouting report..

Oklahoma now lost 4 in a row, 9 losses overall and glanced at their schedule, got 2-3 more losses coming .. I know some donít like any of our freshman, but if things play out right after the season, weíll be glad we got the class we did

Re: Trae Young lovers..itís called a scouting report..

He wouldnít have had the highs but he wouldnít have had the lows because cal wouldnít have let him shoot ten 30í shots a game. He would have killed it on this team and prob still been player of the year and we would be looking at a final four. If he had let cal handle it that is.

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    I know some don’t like any of our freshman
    I really don't get why you are so hung up on people criticizing anything basketball. I don't see a poster here that does not like "any of our freshman".

I guess you don’t open all the threads...could have young, bamba, and Ayton boo hoo

I guess you don’t open all the threads...could have young, bamba, and Ayton boo hoo
    I read most threads, sure a lot of people wanted Young in hindsight (I'm not one of them) but what does that have to do with not wanting any of our players? Extreme comment don't you think? Their post are no worse than yours and your fanboy defense of all things Cal.

The odd thing is that I agree with you on nearly everything. But your shots at fans are becoming like our football threads. People invest valuable time from their life into UK basketball. We ultimately pay the coach's salary. He is the leader and making millions and should be able to take the criticism. We can think he is the right man for the job without thinking he is perfect.
    Last edited by KentuckyWildcat; 02-14-2018 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I read most threads, sure a lot of people wanted Young in hindsight (I'm not one of them) but what does that have to do with not wanting any of our players? Extreme comment don't you think? Their post are no worse than yours and your fanboy defense of all things Cal.

The odd thing is that I agree with you on nearly everything. But your shots at fans are becoming like our football threads. People invest valuable time from their life into UK basketball. We ultimately pay the coach's salary. He is the leader and making millions and should be able to take the criticism. We can think he is the right man for the job without thinking he is perfect.

I respect that comment and I will scale back.. you are probably right, just a little up in arms, but if I’m coming across that way, i need to stop

I respect that comment and I will scale back.. you are probably right, just a little up in arms, but if I’m coming across that way, i need to stop
    It has been a long year and not Cal's best team for sure. But like you, I like this team. Despite the shooting woes lately, I still think this is one of Cal's more complete teams. And I always say that complete teams have a chance to play 6 games. It just takes one moment to turn the corner.

It just takes one moment to turn the corner.
    Very true. That doesn't mean we will have that moment. But this team, even with its flaws, is very talented. And I always believe there's a chance for talented teams to have that moment.

Holy cow a civil resolution on a message board Iím gonna blame this on Valentineís Day! I like it.

Unforgettable

It just takes one moment to turn the corner.
    I would love to believe that, but I don't. There was a lot of chatter about how the second half of the WVU game was that moment. It obviously wasn't. Outside a Cavs-like remaking of the players, I don't think a group like this is going to have a "moment" which is why I am less optimistic than I usually would be. No doubt we've seen a few times what this team *can* be, we are just not seeing it very often.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignoranceóit is the illusion of knowledge."
    - Daniel J. Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    I would love to believe that, but I don't. There was a lot of chatter about how the second half of the WVU game was that moment. It obviously wasn't. Outside a Cavs-like remaking of the players, I don't think a group like this is going to have a "moment" which is why I am less optimistic than I usually would be. No doubt we've seen a few times what this team *can* be, we are just not seeing it very often.
    Certainly running out of time at this point...but not out of time yet.

Unless Diallo and Knox live up to their hype, I’m going to have to concede this team can’t make a run. If we get the Knox at WVU and the Diallo against Vtech more consistently all of a sudden, then we can win the whole damn thing..

Man, I thought WVU was going to be it.

We all thought WVirginia was!
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Actually, don't you think Cal wishes he had the players you mentioned? He just can't say it . It's hard to not be down on the guys when Cal says "they don't listen " , " they won't pass " , they're not playing hard" . Most people on here take their cue from what Cal says .

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    Holy cow a civil resolution on a message board I’m gonna blame this on Valentine’s Day! I like it.
    LOL , this board is mature and sensible compared to the R-v-ls boards . That place has become a looney bin . A holes dominate the site .

Strong opinions are fine as long as we don’t let the angst we feel on certain subjects carry over and hold grudges. Sometimes it’s easy to forget that the emotion behind a certain written message is that placed on it by the reader and not appropriate most of the time.
    That’s why we should never hold the last conversation against our friends or judge their intent. If we can’t post out of frustration, disappointment, and misunderstanding here after all these years together we must re evaluate. Not our opinions, but our courtesy and understanding.

And so every day I try to start over.. sometimes it’s hard however.
    Last edited by kingcat; 02-14-2018 at 01:55 PM.

ďBefore I leave Iíd like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    ďI would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.Ē
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Trae Young lovers..itís called a scouting report..

Quote Originally Posted by Powermaker View Post
    LOL , this board is mature and sensible compared to the R-v-ls boards . That place has become a looney bin . A holes dominate the site .
    In fairness, part of what makes us Kentucky fans is the passion we all exhibit for our team. It's sometimes reveals itself in ways that aren't pleasant, particularly when times aren't perfect. I meant it the other day when I said I was proud of the board because I do think that everything is relative and the people here do a tremendous job of being mature in our disagreements. We're not perfect, but that's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Powermaker View Post
    Actually, don't you think Cal wishes he had the players you mentioned? He just can't say it . It's hard to not be down on the guys when Cal says "they don't listen " , " they won't pass " , they're not playing hard" . Most people on here take their cue from what Cal says .

I actually don't think Cal wishes he had Young. He would drive Cal absolutely crazy. Bamba and Ayton yes (who wouldn't), but not Young.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    I actually don't think Cal wishes he had Young. He would drive Cal absolutely crazy. Bamba and Ayton yes (who wouldn't), but not Young.
    Agree. Kruger not reigning in Young at OK sets a precedent for future signees that feel they ought to get 20 shots a game.

This isn't an unfair take. I have my own doubts about this group making a run.

But honestly, it wouldn't be any more unexpected than it was in later points of 2011 or 2014. The 2011 team lost to Arkansas on February 23 to drop to 19-8 and 7-6 in a pretty weak SEC. The next three games were home games against ranked Florida and ranked Vandy and a road game at UT. At that point, we were 2-5 on the road in conference and were very much in danger of missing the tourney. The 2014 team lost every significant NC game other than UofL, and lost 3 out of 5 and 4 out of 7 beginning February 15, including a TERRIBLE loss to a 10-18 SC team.

Again, I'm not saying I expect to pull things together and make a run like that. I probably don't. But it wouldn't be stunning to me either.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeCat View Post
    Agree. Kruger not reigning in Young at OK sets a precedent for future signees that feel they ought to get 20 shots a game.
    Young has missed his last 16 3 pointers. In his last 10 games, he has 79 assists, but also has 67 turnovers. That's 23 more turnovers than anyone else has over their last 10 games.

He's a terrific talent. He's the kinda player that will single handedly win you an NCAA tourney game you shouldn't win, but will also single handedly lose you won you should win. Honestly, I think he's a better, less flamboyant Marshall Henderson.

Young has missed his last 16 3 pointers. In his last 10 games, he has 79 assists, but also has 67 turnovers. That's 23 more turnovers than anyone else has over their last 10 games.

He's a terrific talent. He's the kinda player that will single handedly win you an NCAA tourney game you shouldn't win, but will also single handedly lose you won you should win. Honestly, I think he's a better, less flamboyant Marshall Henderson.
    Knight is a better comparison. Young is on a bad team so itís not very surprising that teams are zoning in on trying to stop him.
    Even with that being said, heís averaging 22 a game in those 4 losses.
    He would be BY FAR our best player.
    The guy is averaging 29 and 9 on the year.
    I donít really think we need to debate whether he would help this team or not.
    Hes been the best player in college basketball (regardless of class).
    Sure, he will have bad games. And stretches. His team will lose.
    We can post every time he has a bad game. But if we posted every time he had a great one we would have a lot more posts than we do.
    The kid is an unreal talent. Wish we had landed him and think Cal made a mistake (and I 100% believe he does too now). We didnít and so we Cheer our team that is on the court. Or at least I do.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Strong opinions are fine as long as we don’t let the angst we feel on certain subjects carry over and hold grudges. Sometimes it’s easy to forget that the emotion behind a certain written message is that placed on it by the reader and not appropriate most of the time.
    That’s why we should never hold the last conversation against our friends or judge their intent. If we can’t post out of frustration, disappointment, and misunderstanding here after all these years together we must re evaluate. Not our opinions, but our courtesy and understanding.

And so every day I try to start over.. sometimes it’s hard however.
    Does terry count? Just kidding...

Young is really good. Oklahoma is not. He's been able to drag them to several wins, but without him they aren't close to a tournament team.

Young has missed his last 16 3 pointers.
    Are you saying he would fit in well?

Are you saying he would fit in well?
    ouch!

ďBefore I leave Iíd like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    ďI would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.Ē
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Oklahoma up to 10 losses, Trae May be watching the NCAA from home..staring at 2-3 more losses yet

Bombino

The bloom is definitely fading on the Young rose but he still is heavy favorite for POY so the NCAA will bend over backwards to keep OK in tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeCat View Post
    The bloom is definitely fading on the Young rose but he still is heavy favorite for POY so the NCAA will bend over backwards to keep OK in tourney.
    He had 26, 7 and 5 and is getting double teamed on almost every trip down the court. Not to mention he was playing with a bum knee. The guy is an absolute stud.
    His team...not so much.