Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

With Petrino at WKU, do we buyout the last game?

Already seen quite a few UK fans suggest we should do this - take no chances with souring Stoops' debut at Kentucky with a WKU team coached by a top 10 guy and hungry to remake himself. Of course, some of these same UK fans thought the WKU series was a mistake to begin with.

What say you fellas?

Re: With Petrino at WKU, do we buyout the last game?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
    Already seen quite a few UK fans suggest we should do this - take no chances with souring Stoops' debut at Kentucky with a WKU team coached by a top 10 guy and hungry to remake himself. Of course, some of these same UK fans thought the WKU series was a mistake to begin with.

What say you fellas?
    No. Play it. Our players that remain and make up core of the team should be twice as hungry to reverse last season.

Hell no. Bury that prick.

Hell No..go beat their ass by 4 TD's stoops

Play them and take a knee at the end with us up by 40!

If we were to cancel it would be saying more about our team than their's. We HAVE to play this game. If an SEC school is afraid to play a team from the Sunbelt - we need to just hang it up.

Their arse is grass...and we are the lawn mower.

Not to mention the egg on UK's face if they bought the game out...

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
    Hell no. Bury that prick.
    What he said!
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Petrino, wont be the only hungry guy. The game went to overtime last year and we had no coaching staff. Pack the house CATS +20

Play it.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

Afraid of this guy?
    Attachment 1326
    Attached Images Attached Images

You know even Joker beat Petrino.

have to play it and it is a risk in a way but also a whale of a coming out party to go stomp him into next week.

We should have the better roster and the better staff and whip them. Played them basically even with a bad staff and a poorly coached roster and their coach was/is pretty good.

UK signing up for the series in the first place was a mistake. Now, however, UK has to finish it and play the game. Buying out the game at this point would do more to sour things for the new regime than losing the game would.
    I wouldn't pull for UofL if they were playing the Taliban.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by BarristerCat View Post
    UK signing up for the series in the first place was a mistake. Now, however, UK has to finish it and play the game. Buying out the game at this point would do more to sour things for the new regime than losing the game would.
    Who was the guy who signed up for it Barrister? It's been one of the costliest decisions ever.

Do our time, and do not repeat the mistake.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Who was the guy who signed up for it Barrister? It's been one of the costliest decisions ever.
    I think Dr. Cap's demeanor on the sideline last year answers that question. But, hey, it's not like we need to make money or anything, right? This program is about being nice to our friends.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

It is one thing with the SEC big boys to play weak teams. Using a "neutral" site incentive as opposed to a true road game is not a bad idea.

Allowing WKU to be the home team and control the time and day is a bitch move on UK's part. Playing that game on a Thursday before Labor Day weekend was a costly decision but one that raises real question about Mitch's stewardship with UK's budget.

Ideally college athletics would be about sportsmanship and fairplay, etc. But it is about winning and for teams like WKU they hate UK and want to beat us badly.

We don't buy the game out. We beat the hell out of Petrino and Western.

Quote Originally Posted by BarristerCat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    It is one thing with the SEC big boys to play weak teams. Using a "neutral" site incentive as opposed to a true road game is not a bad idea.

Allowing WKU to be the home team and control the time and day is a bitch move on UK's part. Playing that game on a Thursday before Labor Day weekend was a costly decision but one that raises real question about Mitch's stewardship with UK's budget.

Ideally college athletics would be about sportsmanship and fairplay, etc. But it is about winning and for teams like WKU they hate UK and want to beat us badly.

We don't buy the game out. We beat the hell out of Petrino and Western.
    The big boys of the conference don't play many neutral site games. One thing you can bet on is that the SEC big boys aren't losing money when they do play a neutral site game (as opposed to what they would have made with a home date). Bama's only scheduled neutral site game this year was the tilt with Michigan (and that was influenced by Birmingham and the TV folks). Florida and Georgia played one neutral site game each -- against each other. LSU, A&M, and USC didn't play one at all. Looking at other conferences, no neutral site games for Ohio St, Nebraska, or Oklahoma St. Texas and Oklahoma played one each -- against each other.

It is very, very difficult to play a cupcake away from home and make enough money to justify doing that. For that matter, can you recall any instance of a big time football program doing that? I can't right off the top of my head. It sure doesn't seem to happen a lot.

Fab Five

I would say Bama playing Michigan wasn't influenced much at all by the SEC.Bama has had a major neutral site game every year Saban has had input to the schedule, to wit FSU in Jax, VT and Clemson in the ATL and Michigan on the big stage in Big D. Mitch gave away a home game for nothing in return. Barrister, you understand negotiations, how can you justify that?

7 Time Ky Sportswriter
    of the Year

you have that right. not playing would bury UK and label Cats as scared. Have to man up and win this game

Quote Originally Posted by LarryVaught1 View Post
    you have that right. not playing would bury UK and label Cats as scared. Have to man up and stomp a mudhole in them
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I would say Bama playing Michigan wasn't influenced much at all by the SEC.Bama has had a major neutral site game every year Saban has had input to the schedule, to wit FSU in Jax, VT and Clemson in the ATL and Michigan on the big stage in Big D. Mitch gave away a home game for nothing in return. Barrister, you understand negotiations, how can you justify that?
    If they're not doing it because of the SEC, then they're definitely making enough money on it to justify losing the date. By the way, when I said "influenced" I didn't mean they were forced to play the game by the league. I meant the league and the TV folks helped to make sure a game like that was a huge money maker for the schools.

As far as negotiations go, giving away something for nothing suggests there were no negotiations at all. Whether it was a favor or the person in charge of the deal just didn't care, it wasn't a negotiation.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Their arse is grass...and we are the lawn mower.

Rupp's Runt

NO! We play the game and do our best to beat them...........badly & unmercifully.
    But when the contract expires, let that be the end of it. We don't need Western Kentucky, they need us. So let them wish and want.

Hell no, you don't buy out the game, you go win it.

Unforgettable

This, it would be embarrassing to buy out that game to the school, the program and to Stoops

Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
    If we were to cancel it would be saying more about our team than their's. We HAVE to play this game. If an SEC school is afraid to play a team from the Sunbelt - we need to just hang it up.

If we buy out, we should be kicked out of the SEC. Play it and we beat the crap out if them. We have talent on our team, just need to simply some things for the defense in order to maximize our ability.

Scheduling this series was a support to WKU when they joined the ranks of Div. 1. I could not imagine the players or Stoops wanting to cancel this game. Not sure much has changed just because Taggert is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by blue2ksr View Post
    Play them and take a knee at the end with us up by 40!
    Just like that emmeffer took a knee when he was stomping one of our scholarship-strapped squads with the clock about to run out? Oh wait, he ran it up anyway. I say we shoot for 800 total yards or bust. Keep chucking it even if we're up 60. Maybe we destroy them, maybe not, but I *want* that job-hopping skank-hiring SOB to long for the days of showing up to a room full of reporters with a shredded face and a neck brace because it was less embarrassing than the humiliation we throw at him.
    Last edited by SalsaKat; 12-11-2012 at 10:38 AM.
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat