Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: I’m getting closer!!

I’m getting closer!!

This was posted today on Facebook by the Eastern Kentucky University College of Nursing.

Congratulations to our OUTSTANDING graduate, Niki Robinson, Class of 2018!

Hi - I’m Niki Robinson. I am originally from Morehead, Kentucky and am currently back living in Morehead after over 27 years living across the country in Montana, California, Idaho, and Seattle. I am hoping to practice in a primary care clinic after graduation - but as of right now I am not sure where that will be. I am currently married to my 2nd husband Doug (my first husband passed away from leukemia in 2003). I have one biological child - Alec Whisman - who is 25; and 3 bonus children Janna, - 23; Atticus 21, and Decklan Robinson 16. I also have 4 dogs - Clyde, Sammy, Macy, and Avery. I love reading, animals, and sports - especially my beloved Kentucky Wildcats!! GO BIG BLUE!
    There are so many people to thank that have helped me along this journey to graduation. First and foremost - my husband Doug. I could never have done this without you. My mother BJ and sister Becky - thank you for keeping me sane when things got tough. Peter Giancola - without your help my research class would have been impossible. Jennifer Batten - you are the greatest phone a friend ever and I can never thank you enough. My preceptors - Denise Gore; Chris Vickrey; Diana Rose; and Scott Seitz - Thank you for taking time away from your busy lives and schedules to mentor me. I can never ever repay your kindness and expertise. Dr. Lorrie Thompson - thank you for believing in me when I didn’t believe in my self. Thank you for always greeting me with a smile and a kind word. Thank you for support. I would never have made it without you. To everyone of my Facebook friends who have encouraged me along the way - especially Maura Rudy Kilgore - thank you. And finally - to 5 people who are no longer with me - Ron Whisman, Dorothy Conley, Lloyd Jones, Lella Mae Jones and Bob Jones. Ron - thank you for helping me through every day of my undergrad degree - I miss you more than you will ever know. Memaw , Granny and Grandad - I hope that I have made you proud. Dad - you told me 3 years ago your dream for me was to finish my FNP. You didn’t live to see me do it but I hope you are happy and smiling down on me. I love all of you.
    The EKU FNP program has been a challenging experience. I recommend it to anyone who is considering going back to further their nursing education. I appreciate every professor and instructor I have had the opportunity to work with and I will never forget how helpful each of you have been throughout my journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

I’m getting closer!!

Today is the one year anniversary of my dad’s death. I do hope he is proud.

I'm keeping Receipts!!

Re: I’m getting closer!!

I think I speak for all of us here that we're all proud of you, Niki.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    I think I speak for all of us here that we're all proud of you, Niki.
    Indeed!

Very proud of you, Niki. But you really should use something other than your high school graduation photo . Not fair that you don't age.

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

I’m getting closer!!

My most current photo. I'm on the left.

Good work Niki!

I’m getting closer!!

I swear I haves aged!! Before Ron got leukemia and died I truthfully looked about 20. (I was 32 when he passed. ) I felt the stress really aged me. So I began looking like I was late 20’s - early 30’s. Then I got fat. I mean beached manatee fat. There are 3 good things about being fat - #1- you don’t take up as much water in the bathtub; #2- the fat fills in your wrinkles so you look younger even though you’re giant fat; and #3 - when you get old - if you happen to fall you are much less likely to break a hip or shoulder.
    So I promise this is a recent picture of me / taken around 3 or so weeks ago. I am 46 and am thankful to have been given the privilege to live this long. Ron would be 52 if he’d have lived. I miss him but am so glad he’s no longer hurting. I’ll see him again someday - and I’m expecting he won’t have trouble recognizing me!

I'm keeping Receipts!!

Congratulations, Niki!

I think of Ron every time I see one of your posts. We had most of our electronics classes together at MSU, and Kentucky basketball was a favorite topic of discussion. We both really hoped that Kenny Payne would choose Kentucky leading up to his spring decision during his senior year of high school. I am sure Ron would be glad that KP finally became a Wildcat.

Congrats Niki. Proud of ya’

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain