Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Citizenship Question?

If an illegal alien marries a US citizen, do they gain citizenship as their spouse??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Citizenship Question?

No, they have to seek citizenship on their own.

Rupp's Runt

No. And it is still a long, drawn out, and expensive proposition. There are myriad forms to be filled out and submitted, along with the attached fees, the appointments for different items like biometrics and interviews, and in our case, the long trips to the USCIS offices, which for us were from Moore Haven AND Gainesville to West Palm Beach.
    From the time the spouse actually attains their green card and becomes eligible for U.S. citizenship is at least five years.
    At least that's how it was in our situation.
    And......we did all of this ourselves, taking the information off of the USCIS website.

Rupp's Runt

And please keep in mind that we did everything legally, by the rules. How it works if the spouse is here illegally, I can't answer to that. There may be other steps involved that we did not have to contend with in our situation.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    No. And it is still a long, drawn out, and expensive proposition. There are myriad forms to be filled out and submitted, along with the attached fees, the appointments for different items like biometrics and interviews, and in our case, the long trips to the USCIS offices, which for us were from Moore Haven AND Gainesville to West Palm Beach.
    From the time the spouse actually attains their green card and becomes eligible for U.S. citizenship is at least five years.
    At least that's how it was in our situation.
    And......we did all of this ourselves, taking the information off of the USCIS website.
    Hold on....I didn't think it was possible to become a citizen legally. You mean to tell me you can become a citizen without sneaking into the country in a hidden compartment of a produce truck, or treking across the desert in the middle of the night? Wow...somebody should tell congress this shocking information because apparently they are not aware that there is a legal process for which one can become a citizen.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Hold on....I didn't think it was possible to become a citizen legally. You mean to tell me you can become a citizen without sneaking into the country in a hidden compartment of a produce truck, or treking across the desert in the middle of the night? Wow...somebody should tell congress this shocking information because apparently they are not aware that there is a legal process for which one can become a citizen.
    Not that most in Congress really care, because if they really did care, this mess would have been repaired a long, long time ago.
    No, those bastards in Congress are more worried about playing political games and harming our country more than protecting it, and us. 😠

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Suncat what is your take on the process? Did you find INS people respectful?

I ask as aformer teacher teacher of mine married a German National. He didn’t like the process at all.

Any immigration reform should look at the process.

That said our government and our businesses have done the country a great disservice by not enforcing immigration law adequately for close to 30 years.

The inaction has created bad situations that are worse today.

Rupp's Runt

History.......the people of the USCIS are, for the most part, pretty nice people. But just like any other large organization, they have some very good employees, some very bad employees, some very average employees.
    As far as the process is concerned, it is my belief that it could be shortened and streamlined somewhat.
    Our situation, sans the telephone misrepresentations from whoever it was we spoke with that was not in the same locale that we were in post Hurricane Wilma and who obviously had no idea what they were talking about when we inquired about what to do after missing our scheduled appointment due to the hurricane, went fairly smoothly. But.......we followed the rules, did what we were asked/required to do, and everything stayed in schedule from there.
    Once my wife and children received their green cards, it was a five year wait until they were eligible to become U.S. citizens, and then they did.
    My wife has a college eduction, with a degree in education from the University of the East in the Philippines. She was a middle and high school teacher for about right years, then left that and became a service manager for a large telecommunications company, which is how we met. She is now the mapper for our county's Property Appraiser Office.
    My daughter has B.S and M.S. degrees in Health & Human Performance from the University of Florida, and a B.S. in Nursing from Oklahoma City College, and is going to go back to school to become a Nurse Practitioner.
    My son works for Wal-Mart, and recently became a full time associate employee, which he did in a little over a year.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

And if the law is enforced equally and people follow the citizenship requirements, the system works. Even if it takes a while.

That is good to know.

My brother in law is also an immigrant. He was born in England and moved here as a child before becoming a citizen. He too followed the application procedure, did as he was suppose to and then awarded citizenship. Did it take time? Sure..as it should. The idea that people who circumvent the rules are rewarded by not having to go through the process is mindblowing to me. If any illegal is so worried they should take the steps to become legal. You go to immigration services and get an application, do the required process. Not that hard
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    And if the law is enforced equally and people follow the citizenship requirements, the system works. Even if it takes a while.

That is good to know.
    That is the whole point. What is already in place works, just needs some minor adjustments. We followed the law and the rules. It wasn't that hard. It just takes time, and of course, money.
    The Left's assertions that the system is broke is complete and utter lies.
    Just obey our laws. Follow the rules. It's that simple. But as evidenced by what we saw on Friday with this memo release, one side does not believe in the rule of law, contrary to what they say.

Unforgettable

Suncat we agree about the memo as you described it but I don’t think we have the cast of characters in the same boxes.

Not. A big. Back to the this topic

What makes immigration difficult is that we as a nation have not followed our own laws

Rupp's Runt

And I agree with that too, History.
    And again, we can thank the politicians from BOTH SIDES for that! Most of them are not worth the powder it would take to do them in!

Rupp's Runt

Follow the laws as they are now, make a few adjustments to streamline the process just a little, and leave well enough alone from there.
    Be more selective about who we let in, make sure they have something viable to offer, limit the number of relatives to immediate family, and secure the southern border. JMHO.

The reason our immigration system is described as broken is because those who do not follow the rules are not granted citizenship. Those who want IMMEDIATE status are not satisfied. Those who break the laws have to hide for fear of being caught. Its akin to a bank robber being scare of being caught if he makes it known he is a bank robber... and the idea of amnesty is allowing him to keep the money he stole if he comes forward