Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Best to Worst states to live in based on the people who live there.

Best to Worst states to live in based on the people who live there.

Where does your state fall and would you agree?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st-states.html
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Fab Five

Re: Best to Worst states to live in based on the people who live there.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Where does your state fall and would you agree?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st-states.html
    Based on the statistics box in the article I believe Alabama is painted the wrong color. But knowing 80% of the population can't identify Alabama on a map, I'm not surprised. I have had a number of opportunities to move from Alabama, but I haven't yet found a place I like significantly more.
    Real Fan since 1958

Best to Worst states to live in based on the people who live there.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Based on the statistics box in the article I believe Alabama is painted the wrong color. But knowing 80% of the population can't identify Alabama on a map, I'm not surprised. I have had a number of opportunities to move from Alabama, but I haven't yet found a place I like significantly more.
    I think Birmingham Metro (Hoover, Homewood, Mountain Brook, North Shelby) are fantastic places to live. Huntsville is terrific and getting even better, spending a fair amount of time there on business).

The Gulf Coast is great. Mobile is wonderful. Dothan and areas like that are true gems. So are areas like Fort Payne or Mount Cheaha. Tuscaloosa and Auburn are terrific college towns.

I am fond of Gadsden, having spent many, many days there with my major client when I first began my own practice. (Thank you, Moss Furniture Company, Delaney's Furniture and Southeastern). Wonderful people and a surprising number of great dining experiences and things to do.

I am not a fan of Montgomery, although it's trying. Same for Anniston and areas west of Tuscaloosa, although I don't really know them very much. Same for areas like Selma.

All in all, I have to believe Alabama is a great place to live for 90% of the population. I'm not just saying it about the great areas around Birmingham, although of course, I am particularly fond of it.

More Kentuckians would have voted us higher but since most of us live in Florida it was confusing.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    More Kentuckians would have voted us higher but since most of us live in Florida it was confusing.
    Hah. My in-laws are pondering a move to Florida. Say they can't handle the winters in Lexington anymore. That would put two of my wife's sisters and their parents in the St. Pete area and the other one's in Raleigh, just leaving us in KY. Okay by me
    changing my signature to change our luck.

I can't count how many people I know who at least winter in Florida. Have a place somewhere or rent, but it's a ton. Why I haven't packed up and gone I have no idea.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I'm sure we'll end up there too eventually. My wife's aunt has it in her will that Mrs. Catfan gets her house in St. Joe Beach No kids of her own :/
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Illinois took a beating....and rightly so....

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Hah. My in-laws are pondering a move to Florida. Say they can't handle the winters in Lexington anymore. That would put two of my wife's sisters and their parents in the St. Pete area and the other one's in Raleigh, just leaving us in KY. Okay by me
    I'd love to live near Naples but the whole hurricane thing gives me pause.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.