Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Unforgettable

School Shooting @Marshall County

Any info?
    Real Fan since 1958

Re: School Shooting @Marshall County

My friends nephew has a friend who was shot in the head and life flighted to vandy. Another friend that is headed to counsel the students because he has been involved in something like this before, he said at least one likely dead. All I know as of now, I知 outta the country. Horrible!

Unforgettable

Thanks. Just horrible. Prayers for all affected. There are a lot of good people in Benton.
    Real Fan since 1958

My son who goes to mccracken has heard 3 are dead and maybe 2 others wounded. Shooter was a student and was apprehended.

best source to follow this?

Sounds like 1 fatality and 7 injures is being reported

Oh my gosh. Horrible.

Mick, no idea which is the best, but twitter has a ton of reports on it from all over. Of course, that can be highly misleading.

There's not a lot of tweets coming from them, but following @kystatepolice seems as reliable as any.

KY State Police @kystatepolice
    13m
    UPDATE: School Shooting: The scene is secured, the suspect is in custody, and we will be providing updates periodically as information is obtained and confirmed.

27m
    ALERT: KSP has confirmed a school shooting at Marshall County High School with multiple victims, one of which has been pronounced dead. KSP Post 1 is setting up a media staging area and more details will available soon

7s
    UPDATE: KSP confirms a Marshall Co Deputy apprehended the shooter.
    Please be patient as we work to confirm details.

Are we now the only state with multiple fatal school shootings?
    I'm literally sick to my stomach.
    Last edited by badrose; 01-23-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Unforgettable

WSMV in Nashville has a live video feed
    Real Fan since 1958

Channel 6 finally started carrying the feed.

A boy that got life flighted from the gunshot wound to the head is dead

Unforgettable

it is just sickening
    Real Fan since 1958

Shooter is 15 years old.

Two dead were both 15 years old.

I believe the death toll is at 3. 19 injured. One boy just passed that my mom knows his grandmother.

What a mess. I have more stories I値l tell on it later.

Last report on radio I heard was 2 dead, 1 male and 1 female, but there were 14 other gunshot wound related injuries and 5 other non GSW injuries. Easily could be more fatalities with that many wounded.

Confirmed apparently he had a handgun, no AR type rifles for anyone interested. No details other than that.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Last report on radio I heard was 2 dead, 1 male and 1 female, but there were 14 other gunshot wound related injuries and 5 other non GSW injuries. Easily could be more fatalities with that many wounded.

Confirmed apparently he had a handgun, no AR type rifles for anyone interested. No details other than that.
    No need for a long gun in such a target rich environment.

When someone pulls out a weapon in the middle of a crowd and starts shooting, there's not much that can be done.

Bombino

Kid will be tried as a adult obviously. Is not eligible for death penalty since under 18 but can receive life without possibility of parole so the taxpayers can support him for the next 70 years. What a waste.

Rupp's Runt
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Sad and awful tragedy. To the families of the slain my prayers and sympathies.

To the family of the shooter the same

No words. It is in the book of John that it is written that when met in the road by Mary and Martha, sister of Lazarus, and informed of heir brothers death Jesus wept

Shortest but most powerful verse in the Bible to me.

There is no good answer to explain or give purpose in death to take away the pain and loss we feel.

God knows that. And for that reason knowing Jesus cries with us, gives me comfort.

This is why our school searches all binders, purses, lunchboxes, athletic bags, etc. as kids come into the building, along with the kids walking through through the metal scanners.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

My youngest brother lives in Benton. He is a retired game warden and his only child went to school there. Bless those families.

Darryl

One and Done

My sister teaches at Marshall County. She was off this morning for a doctors appointment. Her students were texting her from a closet that they were hiding in. Very tragic situation for all involved. Hard to understand what causes kids to do these horrible things.

Unforgettable

The young boy that was murdered is the grandson of 2 of my wife's high school classmates from Reidland HS

2 class shootings in Ky, both close to my home in Paducah. One wax at Heath HS where paducacats stepsister was a student at the time

The first school shooting was at Pearl HS near my house. I have friends that were teachers there at the time, had children who wre students there.

3 children near my home committed suicide right before Christmas, ages 10, 14, 15

What are we doing to our children's minds?
    Last edited by jazyd; 01-24-2018 at 12:28 AM.

This could be completely wrong but someone mentioned on Facebook that the kids father had died very recently and the mom was kinda blaming the kid and he was distraught. She made him go to school that day was the comment. Who knows if true but that gives you some insight into how a screwed up home environment coupled with a kid who was probably made fun of as being different can cause. It痴 very sad and hard to just point fingers at the kid I知 sure he was living in a fog. No excuses but this is the reality. Very sad.

Skip my mom was close to the young man that dieds grandmother as she is one you mention I知 sure. The girl that died was one of my best friends admin assistants and such a tragedy. I知 pretty sure there is one more that may pass as he is the headshot victim.