Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Last 8 Yrs Cal/Coach K Both Have Made 2 Title Games; K Was ONE Inch From Being 1-1

Many people have tracked Gordon Hayward's mid-court heave at the buzzer in the 2010 title game; it was about 1 inch from banking in. So K DOES have the 2 titles to Cal's 1. Again, each has reached 2 title games. How did the 2 most successful coaches of this decade do in those OTHER 6 seasons from 2010-17?

Coach K
    2011 Sweet 16 blowout
    2012 1st round loss
    2013 Elite 8 Blowout
    2014 2nd round loss
    2016 Sweet 16 blowout with K whining Oregon ran the score up on him
    2017 Round of 32 loss to USC

9-6 in years not winning the tournament; 1 Elite 8, 0 Final 4s

Calipari
    2010 Elite 8 loss by 7 to West Virginia
    2011 Final 4 loss to UConn by 1 point
    2013 NIT 1st Round loss by 2 points
    2015 Final 4 loss by 7 to Wisconsin
    2016 Rd 32 loss by 6 to IU
    2017 Elite 8 loss by 2 to The Cheaters

15-6 post season in years not advancing to the title game; 4 Elite 8s; 2 Final 4s....facing MUCH tougher paths than Duke got

I take Cal over K so far this decade...and Duke has not won any more NCAA tourney games this year than we have.

Darryl

Re: Last 8 Yrs Cal/Coach K Both Have Made 2 Title Games; K Was ONE Inch From Being 1-

Krzyzewski leads Cal in missed games the last three seasons.

Re: Last 8 Yrs Cal/Coach K Both Have Made 2 Title Games; K Was ONE Inch From Being 1-

What’s Roy and Unc cheats record? Just curious
    Last edited by UKRxman93; 01-22-2018 at 10:43 PM. Reason: ?

Nm

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by UKRxman93 View Post
    What’s Roy and Unc cheats record? Just curious
    Going off memory here:
    2010 NIT Title game loss
    2011 Elite 8 loss
    2012 Elite 8 loss
    2013 2nd round loss
    2014 2nd round loss
    2015 Sweet 16 loss
    2016 Title game loss
    2017 NCAA Title

21-6 in the NCAAT; we are 26-6

Darryl

Unforgettable

Thanks D, it's what I asked from you and what I expected. This should be drummed into recruits heads, plus Billion Dollars.
    I said in another thread K will not win it this year w/o a lot of help from NCAA/refs. Defense wins in tournaments, his team does not have it.

One other thing, posters here, quite a number of them, have griped, complained, criticized Cal for his short rotation and its old fashion, needs to go. And then many of them, especially one agenda poster, praises K as the greatest. They need to check K's rotation. Recruits need to check his rotation, his bench has a lot of dents in it past #7 from butts being glued to it

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Thanks D, it's what I asked from you and what I expected. This should be drummed into recruits heads, plus Billion Dollars.
    I said in another thread K will not win it this year w/o a lot of help from NCAA/refs. Defense wins in tournaments, his team does not have it.

One other thing, posters here, quite a number of them, have griped, complained, criticized Cal for his short rotation and its old fashion, needs to go. And then many of them, especially one agenda poster, praises K as the greatest. They need to check K's rotation. Recruits need to check his rotation, his bench has a lot of dents in it past #7 from butts being glued to it
    Who is this agenda poster jazy?

We're all friends here so you can say.
    I dont know anyone that posts here who likes K. Not one.
    Last edited by kingcat; 01-23-2018 at 02:19 AM.

"I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out that I'd just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I was thinking about doing that anyway." Jack Handey ,