Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Last 8 Yrs Cal/Coach K Both Have Made 2 Title Games; K Was ONE Inch From Being 1-1

Many people have tracked Gordon Hayward's mid-court heave at the buzzer in the 2010 title game; it was about 1 inch from banking in. So K DOES have the 2 titles to Cal's 1. Again, each has reached 2 title games. How did the 2 most successful coaches of this decade do in those OTHER 6 seasons from 2010-17?

Coach K
    2011 Sweet 16 blowout
    2012 1st round loss
    2013 Elite 8 Blowout
    2014 2nd round loss
    2016 Sweet 16 blowout with K whining Oregon ran the score up on him
    2017 Round of 32 loss to USC

9-6 in years not winning the tournament; 1 Elite 8, 0 Final 4s

Calipari
    2010 Elite 8 loss by 7 to West Virginia
    2011 Final 4 loss to UConn by 1 point
    2013 NIT 1st Round loss by 2 points
    2015 Final 4 loss by 7 to Wisconsin
    2016 Rd 32 loss by 6 to IU
    2017 Elite 8 loss by 2 to The Cheaters

15-6 post season in years not advancing to the title game; 4 Elite 8s; 2 Final 4s....facing MUCH tougher paths than Duke got

I take Cal over K so far this decade...and Duke has not won any more NCAA tourney games this year than we have.

Darryl

Re: Last 8 Yrs Cal/Coach K Both Have Made 2 Title Games; K Was ONE Inch From Being 1-

Krzyzewski leads Cal in missed games the last three seasons.

Re: Last 8 Yrs Cal/Coach K Both Have Made 2 Title Games; K Was ONE Inch From Being 1-

What’s Roy and Unc cheats record? Just curious
    Last edited by UKRxman93; 01-22-2018 at 09:43 PM. Reason: ?

Nm

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by UKRxman93 View Post
    What’s Roy and Unc cheats record? Just curious
    Going off memory here:
    2010 NIT Title game loss
    2011 Elite 8 loss
    2012 Elite 8 loss
    2013 2nd round loss
    2014 2nd round loss
    2015 Sweet 16 loss
    2016 Title game loss
    2017 NCAA Title

21-6 in the NCAAT; we are 26-6

Darryl

Unforgettable

Thanks D, it's what I asked from you and what I expected. This should be drummed into recruits heads, plus Billion Dollars.
    I said in another thread K will not win it this year w/o a lot of help from NCAA/refs. Defense wins in tournaments, his team does not have it.

One other thing, posters here, quite a number of them, have griped, complained, criticized Cal for his short rotation and its old fashion, needs to go. And then many of them, especially one agenda poster, praises K as the greatest. They need to check K's rotation. Recruits need to check his rotation, his bench has a lot of dents in it past #7 from butts being glued to it

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Thanks D, it's what I asked from you and what I expected. This should be drummed into recruits heads, plus Billion Dollars.
    I said in another thread K will not win it this year w/o a lot of help from NCAA/refs. Defense wins in tournaments, his team does not have it.

One other thing, posters here, quite a number of them, have griped, complained, criticized Cal for his short rotation and its old fashion, needs to go. And then many of them, especially one agenda poster, praises K as the greatest. They need to check K's rotation. Recruits need to check his rotation, his bench has a lot of dents in it past #7 from butts being glued to it
    Who is this agenda poster jazy?

We're all friends here so you can say.
    I dont know anyone that posts here who likes K. Not one.
    Last edited by kingcat; 01-23-2018 at 01:19 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain