Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

I absolutely believe if Green Had Not Gotten Hurt; We Beat USC And Florida

Last year, just about this time of the season Fox got hurt. We lost several games to Kansas, UT and the blowout at Florida. We got Fox back, went on a great run and was basically cheated out of the NCAA title

I am feeling better all the time

Darryl

Re: I absolutely believe if Green Had Not Gotten Hurt; We Beat USC And Florida

I agree. If this team is able to get a couple of wins back, prove it to us. We CAN beat W Va, A&M and Florida. Get 2 of those wins and win out on the road, we'll be back in the conversation for a 4/5 seed.

Unforgettable

While I'm pretty sure you would agree Green is not Fox, I do think that Green being hurt didn't help one bit. I'm like you - I don't think there is reason yet to give up. I think that makes me, you, Stu, and Mick.
    "Calipari’s Young Blue Machine marches on, slashing and burning and winning."
    - Bill Simmons.

Green was very rusty and it showed in his shooting. The back injury made it difficult to even get up shots while he was out. To be at its best Kentucky has to have Green as a valid threat from behind the arc.

I don't recall seeing the Green-SGA-Hami combo in the game together against Florida. That group on the floor together was clicking prior to the Quade injury.
    Last edited by KeithKSR; 01-22-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Fiddlin' Five

The guys on this team aren't likely to figure anything out this late in the season. They are way too immature, self-centered, and few of them have enough basketball IQ to be able to discern what's going on around them.
    Sorry guys, I am just not feeling it with this group. I was earlier in the season, but after watching this team up to this point, this team will be very lucky to make it past the first weekend of the NCAAT. IF they even get an invite, and that's starting to look shaky too.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    The guys on this team aren't likely to figure anything out this late in the season. They are way too immature, self-centered, and few of them have enough basketball IQ to be able to discern what's going on around them.
    Sorry guys, I am just not feeling it with this group. I was earlier in the season, but after watching this team up to this point, this team will be very lucky to make it past the first weekend of the NCAAT. IF they even get an invite, and that's starting to look shaky too.
    It was much later when the 2014 team got it, and that group looked just as lost at this one. These guys very well might not get it, but I'm willing to give them a chance what with Vanderbilt being only 2 games in and Green having missed a couple and needing to play himself back into shape.
    "Calipari’s Young Blue Machine marches on, slashing and burning and winning."
    - Bill Simmons.

Heck guess I will wait and believe right up until the last game is played this year. No since I’m giving up on a bunch of youngsters!
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

I definitely feel like a healthy Green would’ve made a huge difference at SC especially given the attrition from all of the fouls. I believe that game set the benchmark for most fouls called and FTA for league play. As close as the UF game was it certainly would’ve helped there as well.

The rest of the schedule is brutal as far as the road slate, but if we can keep everyone healthy and continue to improve there’s opportunity to build some momentum and confidence going into the SECT.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
    I definitely feel like a healthy Green would’ve made a huge difference at SC especially given the attrition from all of the fouls. I believe that game set the benchmark for most fouls called and FTA for league play. As close as the UF game was it certainly would’ve helped there as well.

The rest of the schedule is brutal as far as the road slate, but if we can keep everyone healthy and continue to improve there’s opportunity to build some momentum and confidence going into the SECT.
    If he had hit just one of those threes against Florida it would have made a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Last year, just about this time of the season Fox got hurt. We lost several games to Kansas, UT and the blowout at Florida. We got Fox back, went on a great run and was basically cheated out of the NCAA title

I am feeling better all the time

Darryl
    Agreed and if Vanderbilt would have played all year???

Team has some pieces. Injuries have slowed down learning process

Quote Originally Posted by patrick54 View Post
    Agreed and if Vanderbilt would have played all year???

Team has some pieces. Injuries have slowed down learning process
    A healthy Baker may have been a nice weapon to have coming off the bench.

Super Kitten

Suncat I agree with you on almost all your posts but have to ask why we use terms like "self centered" (which frankly almost all humankind is to a point) about kids you have never met or interacted with. They have played 19 games of college ball in their life and as stated without the injury bug I think we are 17-3 ranked in the top 10. Sure they make plenty of mistakes at this stage of the career but to label them self centered seems over the top at this stage of the season.

Unforgettable

I Said it after USC so figured it was a no brainer on UF. He is our best shooter from any distance, best ft shooter and he zero' against UF and we lose by 2. The offense just looks better with him running it

Unforgettable

suncat, love y like a brother, we u deer stand and agree on Stoops/Football based on what we have seen with our eyes

However, don't base your opinions on these kids based on so many negative comments here by people who have no idea what they are talking about. Be critical of what you see, mistakes, bad shots but not personal stuff that we have no direct knowledge of

Remember there is a reason they all are Internet coaches

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP. Greens injury has really crimped us in many ways

I'm a unitasker living in a multitasker world

Guys, this happens to every team. TAMU is probably the best example of team hurt by absent players.

Fiddlin' Five

LakeCat & jazy, I am basing my comments on what I have seen these players do.
    They don't follow directions, based on what I see them do as opposed to what I see and hear on the sidelines from Coach Cal. He tells them to drive, they keep passing the ball around. They telegraph their passes and turn the ball over. Many times they take ill-advised shots. These players are just not playing together as a team. They don't talk to each other on the court, and sometimes it looks like a one-on-one game instead of a team effort.
    I am quickly growing to not like this team.

I really don't see how it's arguable that Quade Green wasn't sharp because it was the first time he played in 4 games.

He shoots 20% from 3-point range rather than 0%....which is half his normal 40%....and we beat Florida.

I think it's a no-brainer we win that game with a healthy Quade for the last two weeks.

South Carolina....somebody can argue that if they want. It's just an opinion anyway. But in my view, we win that win with a healthy Quade as well. That game was the first one where Shai blinked. He needed Quade more than anything that day.

Now, let the record reflect--I have not been as high on Kentucky's team as some this year, and that's from game # 1. My view has not changed. I think we are limited talent-wise due to a lack of team speed primarily in the backcourt. Our shooting needs to be better to be an elite team as well.

But I wasn't as down on Kentucky after the losses as some, either. Top 15 team, yes. Is there a big difference in # 15 and # 25, no. Computer models--which do not reflect a healthy Jarred Vanderbilt returning to the lineup, but instead, grade Kentucky without him for 17 games--have Kentucky somewhere around 25. With JV, we're better than that. He'll start to play more than 13.5 minutes a game, and Kentucky will get even better.

After losing to Florida, I said this:

Not a Final Four team.
    Not a NIT team.

There's a lot in between there, and you can argue which end we're closer to than the other, and your opinion will be as valid as the next guy's. Mine is closer to Final Four than NIT, but not that close to Final Four. Your opinion may differ.