Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

This is one of Cal's best shooting teams

The Cats are now shooting 48.6% from the field, second among Cal's UK teams. The 2012 champs shot 48.8% from the field.

Re: This is one of Cal's best shooting teams

Never a bad thing for one of Coach Calipari's teams to be offensively mature, particularly given the historic youth of this team.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

This is one of Cal's best shooting teams

It wouldn’t surprise me to hear they are scoring a lot of points (because with our defense the other team gets an open look very quickly) but I am surprised to see that percentage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stats are now updated after the Vandy game, the Cats are now shooting 48.8% on the season, the same percentage shot by Cal's best shooting squad, the 2012 team.

I think this team compares fairly well shooting-wise. The 2012 team stepped it up and shot almost 52% in the tournament and finished at about a 54% composite. This year’s team is shooting about 53% composite.

Where this team is lacking right now in comparison to that championship team is in inside presence, which is understandable seeing as how that was AD’s team. The 2012 team was only +2 per game in assist to turnover margin and averaged 6 steals per game but also had 9 blocks per game. Right now we’re +1 per game with 6 steals but only 5 blocks. If we can step it up inside we might have something.
    Don't panic

They seem to realize their strengths and weaknesses which is amazing for all Fr.
    Shoot very few threes and drive inside.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

The percentage is high because they are getting better shots. They aren’t great shooters though. Terrible FT shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post
    The percentage is high because they are getting better shots. They aren’t great shooters though. Terrible FT shooters.
    FT shooting is a product of not having learned to concentrate, form isn't bad for the majority of our FT shooters.

That surprises me. I thought they would excel.
    We really notice the absence of Quade in that respect.

Diallo is a One of two free throw dynamo. Joining PJ, Gabriel, and Jones as the current Big Blue brick masons.

And that is a big factor in our close games (which they all seem to be)
    Last edited by kingcat; 01-14-2018 at 02:24 PM.

"I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out that I'd just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I was thinking about doing that anyway." — Jack Handey ,

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    FT shooting is a product of not having learned to concentrate, form isn't bad for the majority of our FT shooters.
    Alexander’s form is bad. Doesn’t bend his knees.

Alexander’s form is bad. Doesn’t bend his knees.
    Not a lot, but then he is an 80%+ FT shooter on the season.

If they can just their defense fixed, the shooting percentage will go up too. They will be getting more high percentage shots in transition.

I don’t think they are a great shooting team but they do value ea possession, and a few are valuing it too much imo to the detriment of being smooth and making natural decisions. Cal has them reigned in well and maybe they will start killing it when he loosens the reigns, or maybe they will fail miserably we shall see