Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

I Still Think We Go 9-0 At Home; 6 Road Games Left. We Must Go 3-3 To Win SEC

Most likely to least likely SEC road wins:

USC
    Missouri
    Auburn....still not sold on them
    Texas A&M
    Arkansas
    Florida

Lose at West Virginia; go 3-3 in the SEC we are 24-7 going into the SECT

Win the SECT we are 27-7 and a 2/3 seed

Darryl

Re: I Still Think We Go 9-0 At Home; 6 Road Games Left. We Must Go 3-3 To Win SEC

I'm still worried about Carolina, Darryl, simply because it's the fourth of four road games in the last five games.

Excessive youth + road weariness = ?
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Re: I Still Think We Go 9-0 At Home; 6 Road Games Left. We Must Go 3-3 To Win SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    I'm still worried about Carolina, Darryl, simply because it's the fourth of four road games in the last five games.

It would be nice to get a couple of injured guys back for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    It would be nice to get a couple of injured guys back for that one.
    Apparently Vanderbilt is waiting for approval from his sixth cousin twice removed before he can don the official Blue and White for an actual game.

Betcha Green comes back, even if he's not 100%, cuz that kid's a tough ass.

We gotta beat West Virginia to have any shot at a 2/3 seed, unless we were able to sweep road games at Florida and A&M.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    We gotta beat West Virginia to have any shot at a 2/3 seed, unless we were able to sweep road games at Florida and A&M.
    Looking at the schedule, that's absolutely correct.

I do think 3-3 n 9-0

Apparently Vanderbilt is waiting for approval from his sixth cousin twice removed before he can don the official Blue and White for an actual game.

Betcha Green comes back, even if he's not 100%, cuz that kid's a tough ass.
    Sounds like Cal is just waiting for him to tell him he is ready.

4 seed at best for this team. Even with the above prediction. Not saying I agree, just what I expect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

14-4 would almost certainly win the league this year. I’d be thrilled.

In my scenario we would be both regular season and tournament champs for the #3 (????) rated conference

Bet we are in contention for a 2 or 3 seed

Darryl

SEC Regular season champs with 5 losses or less and SECT champs and we would be no worse than a 3 seed no matter what happens at WVU.

Have to remember, being SECT champs will mean at least two more quality neutral court wins this year, on top of our conference regular season wins.

I'm just waiting for all the light bulbs to come on. Especially on defense.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

I keep going back to weeks of winning and dropping in polls. No one nationally wants this team to be good.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I keep going back to weeks of winning and dropping in polls. No one nationally wants this team to be good.

Very few on this board think they are good

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Very few on this board think they are good
    I don't think they are there yet. "There" is defined differently by everyone. But I said early on that, this is a complete team. And complete teams have a chance to win 6 games in a row. Parts of the team is really improving and I have confidence that we can assemble all the parts to build a team to play in the Final Four. I've not had the chance to watch other teams this year, but I like our team, and I'm not worried about the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post

I fully expect to see us drop a couple more spots in the poll. IMO we should be around 11-12-13 simply because we’re about as good as anyone else but the pollsters are seizing this “down year” as an excuse to not vote for UK.

Right now I can see us going 11-3 the rest of the way but there’s going to be some nail biters. I think we drop a close one at WV, at Auburn, and to Ewe Tee at home.
    Last edited by Catfan73; 01-14-2018 at 05:56 AM.
    Don't panic

13 wins will win the SEC, the league is very deep and even the worst teams are playing well and losing close games.

Carolina is the next game so we should worry.

Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Carolina is the next game so we should worry.
    Yes, but my response to Darryl was specifically regarding his list wherein he named Carolina as the easiest remaining road game, thus I stated my specific concern for that game being the potential for young players being road weary.

Yes, but my response to Darryl was specifically regarding his list wherein he named Carolina as the easiest remaining road game, thus I stated my specific concern for that game being the potential for young players being road weary.
    Definitely some concern (especially if Green is still out) but looking at the remaining road games, one would have to consider USC the least challenging

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Definitely some concern (especially if Green is still out) but looking at the remaining road games, one would have to consider USC the least challenging

Darryl
    Agreed.

As usual, I am concerned about playing a Frank Martin team... just because he sometimes gets a little extra outta his kids.

It'll be a huge, but undersold in importance, win WHEN we beat Carolina in Columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    In my scenario we would be both regular season and tournament champs for the #3 (????) rated conference

Bet we are in contention for a 2 or 3 seed

Darryl
    We are the #3 conference, but the problem is that the #1 and #2 conferences have 3-4 teams ranked ahead of everybody in the SEC. Those teams are just going to keep beating each other and won't drop in any rankings. Not to mention, you have Villanova, Wichita St and Gonzaga that are all ahead of us too. A 4 seed can be the #13 team in the country, even winning the SEC outright and the tourney most likely barely gets us to that ranking.

The ONLY chance of leapfrogging those teams is to beat them(W Virginia) and win the 2 road games(A&M, Florida).

We are the #3 conference, but the problem is that the #1 and #2 conferences have 3-4 teams ranked ahead of everybody in the SEC. Those teams are just going to keep beating each other and won't drop in any rankings. Not to mention, you have Villanova, Wichita St and Gonzaga that are all ahead of us too. A 4 seed can be the #13 team in the country, even winning the SEC outright and the tourney most likely barely gets us to that ranking.

The ONLY chance of leapfrogging those teams is to beat them(W Virginia) and win the 2 road games(A&M, Florida).
    I agree. We just don't have the bigger wins. That West Virginia game looms large.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I agree. We just don't have the bigger wins. That West Virginia game looms large.
    I’m very happy with where this team is and how we’re progressing.

That said, with our tendency to turn the ball over, I think that WVU game could get ugly. We won’t sniff another environment that difficult, and their style of play can really ratchet the crowd up and cause things to snowball. Feel like that one is just a bad matchup for us. But IF we could pull it off, it would be a huge resume builder.

The stretch of games we're at the middle of is critical, starting with the aTm win at home. To be unscathed after them and at Vandy bodes well for us I believe.
    If we had lost to A&M I am not sure we would have held off vandy at the end and we could have found ourselves spiraling out of the top 25.

I dont want to see our kids lose confidence and the respect so begrudgingly given them by the national media.

Win four of these five and we are set to make a strong run towards the post season. SC is not going to be easy with the crowd and Martins holdovers who still salivate at them taking down Duke last season.
    We are just as big and important to them, and will face adversity from every angle, both camera related and otherwise.

In other words, its a HUGE opportunity for us.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

It's a very good position, but historically they never drop the top team in a top conference that far down. Seeding all of the teams from others and then starting the SEC at a 4 seed is unlikely and unprecedented even if the rankings work that way.

Obviously winning those games would be huge, but I'm betting if we win the SEC but don't do that we could be a 3 seed. 4 is low for the SEC champ, esp if we win the tourney too.

But if we do that and win those 3 games then we could move up pretty strongly. If the media bothers to notice, and I'm not holding my breath on any of those things.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon