Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Again..great road win.. survive with playing 7 guys..

Im loving this team more and more each game

Rupp's Runt
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Re: Again..great road win.. survive with playing 7 guys..

Proud of the effort

Despite another mental collapse, the guys found a way to win.
    This will be a day longer remembered. It has seen the end of Pitino and will soon see the end of Louisville. September 27, 2017

That makes three of us.

Maybe we can add lots of Phil Spector echo chamber effects to our three sets of hands clapping and wake up some folks.

But probably not.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Bombino

If winning on the road with 5 freshmen and two subs from last year draws the ire of anyone I don't really know what makes folks tick.

As most said before the game any road win is a good win especially this season. The fact they did it short handed with both SGA and Diallo having to log 39 minutes and PJ 38 in a hard fought contest speaks highly of their will to win and they all made key plays down the stretch. Wenyen in particular really provided a spark with his energy and hustle.

See, patience my friends. They are coming together. Wait till March.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

We were short handed but Vandy’s best player played 2 Minutes in the second half

Play like today and we will win ONE more road game....if that

Darryl
    Last edited by Darryl; 01-13-2018 at 10:01 PM.

These guys keep finding ways to win, that alone builds mental toughness. Proud of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    We were short handed but Vandys best player played 2 Minutes in the second half

Play like today and we will ONE more road game....if that

Darryl
    Agree 100% and I am starting to wonder now based on some things that I was told today that Vanderbilt's heart is really in it to play this year. I know his teaser Tweets suggest otherwise, but I guess time will tell. Problem is we are running out of time and guys like Nick Richard and others are regressing at times.

Peace

Richard (CW)

I started to tweet that in my house, we're calling them The Survivors. I stopped from doing it, because I know how tired most of us were from nicknames for each Kentucky team. It does seem like it fits this team, however, especially with the injuries we've suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    Agree 100% and I am starting to wonder now based on some things that I was told today that Vanderbilt's heart is really in it to play this year. I know his teaser Tweets suggest otherwise, but I guess time will tell. Problem is we are running out of time and guys like Nick Richard and others are regressing at times.

Peace

Richard (CW)
    My bet still stands that he doesn't play. I think Cal is getting played a lot by guys who are biding their time to get NBA feedback. If they can go they then go and if not they come back and play, but they have no plans to play right away till that happens.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    My bet still stands that he doesn't play. I think Cal is getting played a lot by guys who are biding their time to get NBA feedback. If they can go they then go and if not they come back and play, but they have no plans to play right away till that happens.
    Might be the case. But I still wonder if it may be related to Zion’s decision. I started thinking so when Cal praised his practice performance , which was out of character for him. I suspect that was to have him considered an OAD candidate in the mind of Zion

That may be reaching I admit

Before I leave Id like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Unforgettable

[QUOTEx=LakeCat;470934]If winning on the road with 5 freshmen and two subs from last year draws the ire of anyone I don't really know what makes folks tick.[/QUOTE]

You said what I have been thinking, just never could put it to words

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Might be the case. But I still wonder if it may be related to Zion’s decision. I started thinking so when Cal praised his practice performance , which was out of character for him. I suspect that was to have him considered an OAD candidate in the mind of Zion

Not reaching IMO. Cal is praising him for a reason, I think I mentioned this in another thread....Marketing (Vanderbilt and UK) and draft stock IMO. Perhaps motivation and confidence to return. But that doesn't seem like Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post

Peace

Richard (CW)
    Richards isn't regressing, he just isn't progressing fast enough. His limited skills were quickly game planned by the opposition, as well as his weaknesses. Richards has yet to adjust to those adjustments.

Gotta get Quade back and get JV playing. Can't keep surviving with 7.

Won a championship in 2012 with 6.5 players, it’s hard but can be done.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Won a championship in 2012 with 6.5 players, it’s hard but can be done.

True, but at least two (Davis and MKG) and possibly 3 (Terrence Jones) players on that team were better than anyone on this team.

I’m very happy about the way this team is progressing, but we definitely need Quade back healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    True, but at least two (Davis and MKG) and possibly 3 (Terrence Jones) players on that team were better than anyone on this team.

I’m very happy about the way this team is progressing, but we definitely need Quade back healthy.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post

Unfortunately I think it was one prong of a two pronged attack to get him to play. Praise his ability, and then the postgame "forgot" his name comments.

"PLay and you'll look great" combined with "don't play and I won't remember your name when the NBA guys come asking about you".

He can play. If he's dunking in warmups etc. he can play. His people are dogging it just like Skal and just like Diallo last year IMO. Guys are starting to use this as a way station if they can.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Cal needs to shut it down
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You