Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Richards MAY Have NBA Potential But Hes The Worst UK Center In Decades

I wouldn’t bet against him trying the draft this year on that dreaded word potential.
    But really he needs to stay and get good advice.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Nick had 25/15 vs Fort Wayne

His other 15 games he has 86/76 for 5.7 PPG and 5.1 rpg

I may have been too harsh but Cal seemingly agrees that he is just not getting much done. Other centers are killing us right now.

Darryl
    5.7/5.1 would hardly qualify as the worst center in decades.

Sometimes we just forget that Freshman can be freshman. Let's be honest. Richards isn't even as bad as SKJ was last year. From an expectation to realization gap, he's not even as bad as Skal. Going back another year, he's producing better than Dakari as a freshman.

These factless, over-opinionated emotional type of statements with no basis at all is what drives me crazy about the BBN and they're even so more common today than 10-20 years ago. You usually stay away from such types, so I'm going to let it slide beyond some simple realizations that I've provided.

Richards has been a disappointment and can offer more, but we should just be patient, but can be fairly critical.

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Fire KP, can't get it done, all his failure. Well, let's rip an asst instead of Cal for a change

(edited for attack on a poster)
    I looked. Not one negative post about KP at all in this thread.

This isn't about KP's ability. It's about the fact that Richards has talent and is a hard worker but will need time. He's one of those big guys who hasn't developed into his body yet and he has less experience than most with the sport as well. He just needs time to learn.

But he's not as ready to be a starting center as a frosh. in the old days when freshmen gave spot minutes we'd all be thrilled with his future potential. But as a starter he's struggling, and probably needs to back up SKJ, who has only a little more experience but does have at least a little more.

Saying that doesn't mean KP is doing a bad job, it just means Richards isn't ready.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

If the ball get to the post against Richards there is a score or foul. His game instincts and reactions are very slow. I fully expected him to at least block shots and he rarely does that.

But the potential is there is he works hard and stays 2-3 years

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Go back through the years and find many examples of a UK team with less production from it's starting Center and I am including defense too. We can't stop ANYONE from driving inside at will. Even Skal was better:

Cal era: Cousins, Harrelson, Davis, Noel, WCS/Dakari Johnson, Towns, Skal, Bam

BCG: Patterson

Tubby: Mohammed, Magloire, Parker, Estill, Daniels, Morris

Pitino: Hanson, Feldhaus, Dent, Riddick, Mohammed, McCarty, Pope, Magloire

Sutton: Kenny Walker, Rob Lock

Hall: Jim Andrews, Robey, Phillips, Bowie, Turpin

Darryl
    Last edited by Darryl; 01-14-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    KP is great. I miss Stricklands PG tutelage and NBA cred.
    Strickland was an assistant for just one season, after that he was dropped into the non-coaching position due to the DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    When the LSU center put up crazy numbers and scored at will that was telling.
    Experienced senior vs a very green freshman. Richards has only been playing hoops about five years, he obviously has a lot to learn and is at least a year away from being able to be a reliable contributor.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I looked. Not one negative post about KP at all in this thread.

This isn't about KP's ability. It's about the fact that Richards has talent and is a hard worker but will need time. He's one of those big guys who hasn't developed into his body yet and he has less experience than most with the sport as well. He just needs time to learn.

But he's not as ready to be a starting center as a frosh. in the old days when freshmen gave spot minutes we'd all be thrilled with his future potential. But as a starter he's struggling, and probably needs to back up SKJ, who has only a little more experience but does have at least a little more.

Saying that doesn't mean KP is doing a bad job, it just means Richards isn't ready.
    Right after the game I made the statement that I was disappointed in the job KP was doing with regard to Richardson. "An epic fail by both him and KP to this point"

I took that liberty because I have been Kenny's biggest supporter and continue to champion him as heir apparent to Cal's throne.
    This is widely known here.

Anyone who does more than fly by posting to flame and bait knows that. I wont apologize for the fun I have getting involved in game day and acting like fans do in their living rooms or at a sports bar.
    Nor will I change who I have been for 60 plus years to satisfy the obvious agenda of some. If some of ya' want to hang with the staff and team and know them in a real sense..by all means go ahead and do so. The pretense is something out of a TV sitcom at times.
    You might get to know the football staff too, since some basement pundits have taken fly by criticism to the farthest extreme.

Yes, you are correct in that someone has decided attacks on me are warranted after we participate in game threads here. And he is apparently trying to bait me into deleting (months back)another post of his (which would be justified)
    Which would also be one of less than a handful of times over the last few years I have done so.
    I suggest he participate and get a feeling for who people really are..as friends do.

Ill remain patient..to a point.

By the way, I do consider everyone here a friend. And sometimes friends have real issues.
    Last edited by kingcat; 01-14-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Before I leave Id like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Experienced senior vs a very green freshman. Richards has only been playing hoops about five years, he obviously has a lot to learn and is at least a year away from being able to be a reliable contributor.
    The frustrating thing is that there is about a 20% chance we see Nick at UK next season

Darryl

The frustrating thing is that there is about a 20% chance we see Nick at UK next season

Darryl
    At present he is likely to be undrafted, no matter what the mock drafts say.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Right after the game I made the statement that I was disappointed in the job KP was doing with regard to Richardson. "An epic fail by both him and KP to this point"
    I take in game talk as different, as we all do. We've all said things that are just insane in game threads, heat of the moment.

Of course this isn't a "fail", it's simply that Richards needs more time. He's not pre-ready like Cousins or Davis or KAT.

He's a true freshman with limited experience even before coming to college, and despite the exceptions of recent years he really is more like most big men as freshmen, still learning his game and his body/timing.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

I take in game talk as different, as we all do. We've all said things that are just insane in game threads, heat of the moment.

Of course this isn't a "fail", it's simply that Richards needs more time. He's not pre-ready like Cousins or Davis or KAT.

He's a true freshman with limited experience even before coming to college, and despite the exceptions of recent years he really is more like most big men as freshmen, still learning his game and his body/timing.
    KP has more than proven himself here. And should be the next UK head coach.

Before I leave Id like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.

Richards will be 21 in 10 months

Darryl

Richards will be 21 in 10 months

Darryl
    Kid at seven feet can move his feet well, has good hands, a 38" vertical, is strong, has a long reach, and can shoot. But is hard pressed to utilize any two of those simultaneously.
    It seems to me he jumped the tracks trying to learn not to foul out in the first half.

Id suggest he be given ballet lessons. That way he either learns to gracefully defend, rebound, and post up, or prepares himself for a future in dance.

Notice, his hands are up right?
    Last edited by kingcat; 01-14-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Ill be in Jamaica Saturday so Ill ask some of the locals if there is anything we can do for Nick to get his Jamaican vibe going on the court...oh wait maybe thats the issue, they are pretty laid back folks!

Go back through the years and find many examples of a UK team with less production from it's starting Center and I am including defense too. We can't stop ANYONE from driving inside at will. Even Skal was better:

Cal era: Cousins, Harrelson, Davis, Noel, WCS/Dakari Johnson, Towns, Skal, Bam

BCG: Patterson

Tubby: Mohammed, Magloire, Parker, Estill, Daniels, Morris

Pitino: Hanson, Feldhaus, Dent, Riddick, Mohammed, McCarty, Pope, Magloire

Sutton: Kenny Walker, Rob Lock

Hall: Jim Andrews, Robey, Phillips, Bowie, Turpin

Darryl
    No you're saying STARTING center?

At a minimum, you should compare apples to apples. How many STARTING centers have there been as Freshmen?

I still stand by the opinion that Richards has disappointed less than Skal and has outperformed Dakari at this same point in their careers.

I don't post in those as I normally watch the games delayed. But I probably wouldn't anyway, who knows what I would say. But they are pretty entertaining to go back and read later. Especially as the momentum of a game changes

Richards MAY Have NBA Potential But Hes The Worst UK Center In Decades

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I don't post in those as I normally watch the games delayed. But I probably wouldn't anyway, who knows what I would say. But they are pretty entertaining to go back and read later. Especially as the momentum of a game changes
    I love reading the game chat thread when I miss a game. You really get a better sense of the flow of the game by reading it. That's why it never bothers me to speak my mind as the game progresses. I view it in that vein.