Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Ballistic Missile False Alarm

Alert issues a ballistic missile attack warning in Hawaii

Thank goodness a false alarm. But frightening situation.

Re: Ballistic Missile False Alarm

They said the wrong button was pressed during a shift change. Maybe they need more than just one button somewhere to do something like that. Maybe a button and a switch, or put it under a glass box or something.

Just poor procedures on this one.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable

A good friend, also huge Cat fan, lives there. Scared the you know what out of he and his wife

They have made a statement that the employee feels terrible, which I'm sure is true. Said he'll get re-training. OK.

But that fails to address the question that there should be no design scheme where anyone could accidentally hit that button. That's the button that's red, glows and is under the protective plexiglass case you see in every movie.

Now this probably isn't a "button", but is part of a software interface, but again that needs to be re-designed so there's no way you are confused about sending that message.

And that cuts both ways. You dont' want any confusion when you do need to send that message either, as well as when you don't mean to.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

As bad as it is, it may serve to stir up the North Koreans to want to talk things out.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

As some of you may know my parents reside part time in HI, and are currently there. My father was awoken by the civil alert on his phone and it scared the hell out of him. This was no joke. He called me immediately but I was already on a plane to Colorado so didn't get it. He did the wise thing and called my daughter who works for dispatch the Vero Police in FL. She checked and realized it was a false alarm but my folks and his neighbors were really really scared. No joke. This effing little nut job with a nuke needs to be put in his place NOW. I've said it before and I'll say it again, park a destroyer off his coast and the next middle test he does blow the MF out of the sky as soon as it make it into international airspace!
    Last edited by Doc; 01-14-2018 at 07:09 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Of course I called my dad yesterday and told him we were in Colorado heading for one of the shelters here
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Doc, it had to scare everyone there completely out of their minds. It would anyone anywhere. Sorry for them and everyone in the whole state, I can't put in words how jarring that had to be.

My dad said he and all his neighbors went outside. it was still nightime and they were told to take shelter. In what? A hut? One guy reportedly put his kid in a manhole..like that would work for a nuclear blast. Its funny now but imagine them at the time

I wouldn't blame anyone for any crazy thing they did. I'd be running around like a madman. Or standing outside waiting for the show.

yeah, knowing me I'd be waiting for the show. I have a dark sense of humor.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Have a good friend originally from Hawaii. His father sheltered in place at his work while his mom was home alone.

My friend played it low key but a frighteningly bad situation The senses of helplessness had to be overwhelming.

Shows how easy a mistake can happen.

The nuclear fear was huge all over the US in the 50s and 60s.