Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Jerry Tipton: "Corrupt Arena" in end of Texas A&M Game

If you don't want to give the LHL any "hits" for this article, here is an archive.is link I provided that will not benefit them, or Jerry Tipton in the least and still allow you to read what he wrote.

http://archive.is/PYvGg

Blog Entries

Re: Jerry Tipton: "Corrupt Arena" in end of Texas A&M Game

Guess he ran out of UK player vehicles to stalk.

Also: I wasn't aware that UK is the only team that gets a favorable home whistle from time to time.
    All I did was stand up to a long laundry list of people who passed away today who couldn't stand up because what was done was wrong.--RP, 8/26/09

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Guess he ran out of UK player vehicles to stalk.

Also: I wasn't aware that UK is the only team that gets a favorable home whistle from time to time.
    There was more about that as you scroll down. Duke and UNC gets it as well. I thought it was a good no call in our game.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Garbage article. Tipton mischaracterized the play as well, leaving out that the player leaped to try to get the ball, and fell. He left out the leap, and just said the player fell.

Typical Tipton. I'd say he's just a bitter old man, but he's been doing this since he was much younger. Let's go with cynical ass-hat who has LIED to drum up readership.

I'd say making up things about UK players is worse than missing a call on a game.

As for that play, two thoughts:

1) Does he or anyone think there isn't a home court advantage at about every home court? Ask coaches what they think about playing at Memorial with officiating, where we play today. I remember when in one week in the 90s UK and the Hogs were both called for over 50 fouls in a game in Nashville.

2) There is contact in the game everywhere. I saw no pattern of officiating to try to slant the game, unlike UNC and Higgins last year. Bring me that and IMO it goes to the league office no matter who was the beneficiary, but a single call here and there is just 3 old fat guys trying to keep up with 18 year olds for the most part. Not so much bias as performance.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    There was more about that as you scroll down. Duke and UNC gets it as well. I thought it was a good no call in our game.
    I agree. Not a foul midgame, not a foul end of game in my book. The arm was lightly across the player. It did not hinder the player. He didn't grab him, push him, shove him, hit him. When the ball sailed well over his vertical leaping ability, the kid did all he could do to try to catch it, even jumping horizontally to try to "catch it" as it passed him, and he landed after the leap, with his right leg extended, and sort of fell off-balance from the valiant attempt--which had nothing to do with Gabriel.

Garbage article by a garbage individual.

Replays showed the UK defender, Wenyen Gabriel, with an arm lightly across Davis’s chest. Gabriel’s arm could have hindered and/or distracted Davis as he turned to try to catch the pass. Davis then jumped forward and upward in an attempt to catch up to the pass which was sailing over his head and behind him, and landed off-balance from the effort. Davis fell to the court. The ball flew out of bounds. There was no call. Game over.

Very close to accurate, if you add the highlighted sentence (and the adjective I edited back in, both of) which was/were conveniently omitted. But "distracting" a player is not a foul, and it didn't hinder him except for that possibility, which is highly unlikely--in fact, impossible. You teach hands up in their eyes to distract them as well. Fouls require "illegal" contact, and nothing described in that sentence rises to that level.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-13-2018 at 02:29 PM.

UK needs to make a point of ruining the man's career. Thats what any other upstanding institution would do.

Dog him and watchdog every facet of his social life. He doesn't deserve a pulpit in Lexington.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I think I'll just skip reading the article.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Replays showed the UK defender, Wenyen Gabriel, with an arm lightly across Davis’s chest. Gabriel’s arm could have hindered and/or distracted Davis as he turned to try to catch the pass. Davis then jumped forward and upward in an attempt to catch up to the pass which was sailing over his head and behind him, and landed off-balance from the effort. Davis fell to the court. The ball flew out of bounds. There was no call. Game over.

Very close to accurate, if you add the highlighted sentence (and the adjective I edited back in, both of) which was/were conveniently omitted. But "distracting" a player is not a foul, and it didn't hinder him except for that possibility, which is highly unlikely--in fact, impossible. You teach hands up in their eyes to distract them as well. Fouls require "illegal" contact, and nothing described in that sentence rises to that level.
    I like the "could have" squish phrase Tipton put in there, too. If it's not clear enough, after several days of review and hindsight, that it DID, in fact, hinder Davis, then maybe it was a good no-call. Crazy thought, but one that doesn't advance Tipton's agenda.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 01-13-2018 at 03:00 PM.
    All I did was stand up to a long laundry list of people who passed away today who couldn't stand up because what was done was wrong.--RP, 8/26/09

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    UK needs to make a point of ruining the man's career. Thats what any other upstanding institution would do.

Dog him and watchdog every facet of his social life. He doesn't deserve a pulpit in Lexington.
    The media gets their panties in a bunch at such things, but UK needed to ban him when he lied about Patterson and his truck. That was a perfect excuse to hammer him.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

I like the "could have" squish phrase Tipton put in there, too. If it's not clear enough, after several days of review and hindsight, that it DID, in fact, hinder Davis, then maybe it was a good no-call. Crazy thought, but one that doesn't advance Tipton's agenda.
    That is an outstanding point.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    The media gets their panties in a bunch at such things, but UK needed to ban him when he lied about Patterson and his truck. That was a perfect excuse to hammer him.
    Can you imagine Tom jurich allowing that? I know it's going to be popular to bash him forever because of all the truly corrupt things he did, but he certainly had control of the media.

I did not read the article, did Mr Tipton critique the officiating for the entire game? Or just one play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I did not read the article, did Mr Tipton critique the officiating for the entire game? Or just one play?

You can read the article at the archive.is link if you want, or keep your blood pressure lower. But to answer your question, just that play. Nothing else fit his agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    You can read the article at the archive.is link if you want, or keep your blood pressure lower. But to answer your question, just that play. Nothing else fit his agenda.
    No mention of the two horrible blocking/charge calls? The no call at the end was the ultimate makeup call.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Blog Entries

Seeing lots of debatable calls so far in favor of Vandy in this game. Anxiously awaiting the expose on "Memorial Magic."

Seeing lots of debatable calls so far in favor of Vandy in this game. Anxiously awaiting the expose on "Memorial Magic."
    I'm holding my breath.