Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

It's Brad Calipari's turn

He's on the Kentucky men's basketball pregame tweet.

Sure wish he’d bury a three... got to be the nerves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: It's Brad Calipari's turn

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

Gotta be nerves. He's not a dead eye shooter, but he's a good shooter, and should make good shots.

Doesn't help when 20+ thousand yell "shoot" as soon as he crosses half court.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Let's be real, if his Dad wasn't coach the only way he'D get into Rupp Arena would be by buying a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
    Let's be real, if his Dad wasn't coach the only way he'D get into Rupp Arena would be by buying a ticket
    Attacking a kid?

He's better than the other walk-ons we have, and with players down, he is the 8th or 9th player available. He wouldn't be offered a scholarship, but he certainly would be afforded an opportunity like Dillon Pulliam or Jonny David this year (better than both), not as good an athlete but far better shooter than E.J. Floreal, lots better than Sam Malone or Brian Long, and probably a little better than Tod Lanter, in the last few years.

I love that he's on the roster...

and hate that he gets cheap shots from wussies.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

I wish that he'd get in a game like Vanderbilt and hit a couple of shots. Then maybe the Rupp crowd won't stupidly yell "shoot" every time he gets the ball. I really hate that.

He needs to put in earplugs and just play. Agree he is better than he is playing...certainly nerves. Dad should have him working with sports psychology.

Peace

Richard (CW)

It was his dad, not the crowd, who called him the best shooter on the team. That did not help

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I wish that he'd get in a game like Vanderbilt and hit a couple of shots. Then maybe the Rupp crowd won't stupidly yell "shoot" every time he gets the ball. I really hate that.

Super Kitten

What were your career college stats? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    It was his dad, not the crowd, who called him the best shooter on the team. That did not help
    I doubt that either is what is causing him to miss, but I'm not embarrassed by his Dad's comment like I am the hundreds or (hopefully not) thousands of fans yelling "shoot" every time he touches the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

What we need to do is when he gets in and touches the ball, everybody needs to yell "shoooooot" because that takes the pressure of him and make UK fans look intelligent

I'm a unitasker living in a multitasker world

It took Polson knocking down a few and getting meaningful minutes before the howling stopped.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by LakeCat View Post
    What were your career college stats? Just curious.
    He doesn’t have any. In HS however, he had 2pts. against Eminence!
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    He doesn’t have any. In HS however, he had 2pts. against Eminence!
    A safety?

I'm a unitasker living in a multitasker world

I think everyone wants success for him so badly -- Brad, fans, coach, announcer, etc. -- that he's surely just pressing too hard in his limited minutes. Hopefully he'll have a Cameron Mills breakout late in his career and start filling it up.

Dykes has commented several times on the TV broadcast this year that has has watched him shoot 3's in practice and that he is a dead eye shooter from deep.
    seeya
    dan

“I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

I have to say that as a college player, the young man cannot shoot a lick. but he has done his job being ready when called and not making any untimely mistakes. That's a positive.

"I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out that I'd just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I was thinking about doing that anyway." — Jack Handey ,

I saw Josh Carrier shoot in practice and in high school. Totally different player on the court at UK. For whatever reason, those bright lights make it more challenging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

There's a local play going on right now where the lead has to sing a very famous song. She has an exceptional voice, only during the play she misses notes on the song. Every time. Bright lights make it different. Some people are performers and shine when the light shines. Others don't.

ALSO, it doesn't mean it won't change. Youth has a way of gaining experience.