Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kentucky opens -3 point favorite over Vanderbilt

Just one little bitty, itsy bitsy, teeny weeny 3.

Per Vegasinsider.

Re: Kentucky opens -3 point favorite over Vanderbilt

That's an insult.

There is a MUCH greater disparity between this UK team and THAT Vandy team.

Ridiculous.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

I've been poor this year on the Game Contest, but I have the Cats winning tomorrow by double digits. I don't get the -3 line either.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I've been poor this year on the Game Contest, but I have the Cats winning tomorrow by double digits. I don't get the -3 line either.
    I don't have a problem with the idea that our young UK team might have problems playing in THAT gym, but one can only demerit a team so much for such situations.

Point blank... Vandy SUCKS... THIS year.

You’d think Cal would be using the disrespect as motivation.

Vandy is 6-10 on the season (1-3 SEC). They average 71.8 ppg, hitting 41.6% of their field goals, 33.3% of their field goals.

Vandy wasn’t great last year, yet gave a tough game to a better UK team than this. Kentucky rarely has easy wins there

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Vandy wasn’t great last year, yet gave a tough game to a better UK team than this. Kentucky rarely has easy wins there
    Well, I dunno. Maybe. 19-16 (10-8 SEC) last year is a LONG way from where they are now. They made the NCAA tournament last year. Granted, that Kentucky team was better than this one, but so was that Vanderbilt team by a long shot.

And Kentucky did win the game by 6.

Pomeroy has this year's Vanderbilt team ranked # 92 in the nation, and Kentucky # 22. Seems more than 3 points to me. That usually means Kentucky loses, and I'm wrong lol.

(Last year Pomeroy had Kentucky # 4, Vanderbilt # 33).

Just to add:

Sagarin has Kentucky # 16 this year, with an 87.48 predictor. They have Vanderbilt 83, with a 79.01 predictor.

So they're closer than I thought to the actual line. Add 3.19 points to Vandy for home court, and you're at 82.20, so according to Sagarin, the line should be -5.28. Still, more than 3.

Not a great deal of respect in that “line” of thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Our last few games at Vandy have been a 6 point win, a 12 point win, a 9 point win, a 2 point win and a 6 point win by the 2012 champs. Games there tend to be close.

Maybe the line should be 5, perhaps 6, but that’s not a big difference to me.

Our last few games at Vandy have been a 6 point win, a 12 point win, a 9 point win, a 2 point win and a 6 point win by the 2012 champs. Games there tend to be close.

Maybe the line should be 5, perhaps 6, but that’s not a big difference to me.
    See, I think a 6-point line is HUGE difference. I know it is for a gambler. If a line moves a point, it's not considered a big deal. Point-and-a-half raises eyebrows, 2 points becomes huge.

Fair enough

I just see a Kentucky team that has struggled a bit this year going to a place where Kentucky often has tough battles. Maybe i’m Overrating Vandy (or underestimating how bad they are) but Kentucky’s last road game was not pretty and if Green is out again, it might be really close in the final minutes

I hope I’m wrong .

If Kentucky allows a 6-10 Vanderbilt team to beat them....I can't even finish the sentence.

It could certainly happen.

Fair enough

I just see a Kentucky team that has struggled a bit this year going to a place where Kentucky often has tough battles. Maybe i’m Overrating Vandy (or underestimating how bad they are) but Kentucky’s last road game was not pretty and if Green is out again, it might be really close in the final minutes

I hope I’m wrong .
    I think your concerns are quite valid.

The Green and Vanderbilt "mysteries" being "solved" could be the difference in a closer game.

I doubt it will be a loss, but I could see a 3 or 4 point win. Even that would not be all terrible for this team (we’re young, you know.) if they finish off a win, that is what matters most

This UK team just doesn't have the confidence of the fans, media etc. That's going to be reflected in the bettors out there, which is reflected in the line.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

I doubt it will be a loss, but I could see a 3 or 4 point win. Even that would not be all terrible for this team (we’re young, you know.) if they finish off a win, that is what matters most
    Couldn't agree more.

For a really young team like this, amidst four out of five games being on the road, every win is great and no win has a "bad look" to it.

It's a challenge for coach and staff, meaning every road game.

JMO.

I’ll be there. My maiden voyage into Memorial.

Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post
    Cats by 11, then. Maybe more .

Get 'em, ET!

How prominent do you think UK fan presence will be there (that's also a question for anyone who has a good vibe on such things)?

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    How prominent do you think UK fan presence will be there (that's also a question for anyone who has a good vibe on such things)?
    A little concerned the snow might keep folks away.

A little concerned the snow might keep folks away.
    Guess you're gonna hafta be louder.

I hadn't kept up with weather in either state, so that's an interesting thought.

Thanks.

My folks had planned to drive down from Louisville tonight and catch the game tomorrow, but decided not to due to the weather. Hopefully the BBN will still be well represented - always helps in that cracker box.

Are classes back in session at Vandy? With no students in attendance their homecourt advantage wanes dramatically.

If we’re without Green I can definitely see a 3 or 4 point game down there.
    Don't panic

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Are classes back in session at Vandy? With no students in attendance their homecourt advantage wanes dramatically.
    Yes, they began Monday. But Monday is Martin Luther King Day, so it's possible some took a long weekend, especially if they didn't have Friday classes.

Any win on the road is good..especially when are down 3 guys

Blog Entries

FWIW Kenpom projects UK to win by only 4, 74-70.

Give me a 1-point triple OT win and I'll be thrilled. As we've discussed over the years, that place is...weird.
    All I did was stand up to a long laundry list of people who passed away today who couldn't stand up because what was done was wrong.--RP, 8/26/09

I just saw -2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire