Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    OT: Alabama improves their recruiting game, special teams

    Per Bruce Feldman-Former Texas A&M special teams coordinator & recruiting coordinator Jeff Banks will become the new special teams coordinator for Alabama. Banks also had been one of the Aggies top recruiters, helped land Christian Kirk.

    Huge.

  2. #2

    Re: OT: Alabama improves their recruiting game, special teams

    The rest of the SEC will be happy that Alabama is upping their game.

  3. #3
    Fab Five catmanjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Shepherdsville, KY
    Posts
    15,291

    Re: OT: Alabama improves their recruiting game, special teams

    Well when you are on top no where to go so it’s better that Alabama got him instead of say a teams UK is competing against.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

  4. #4

    Re: OT: Alabama improves their recruiting game, special teams

    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    The rest of the SEC will be happy that Alabama is upping their game.
    Honestly, at this point, I'd just as soon they take all of the top talent. Keep it away from Ole Miss, Miss. State, and anybody in the East.

  5. #5

    Re: OT: Alabama improves their recruiting game, special teams

    Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Well when you are on top no where to go so it’s better that Alabama got him instead of say a teams UK is competing against.
    Exactly. I should've read yours before I typed mine.

  6. #6

    Re: OT: Alabama improves their recruiting game, special teams

    I betcha they recruit a European Soccer player to up the kicking game

    Peace

    Richard (CW)

  7. #7
    Fab Five dan_bgblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: OT: Alabama improves their recruiting game, special teams

    He has to be a good one to top Pruitt
    seeya
    dan

    “I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

  8. #8

    Re: OT: Alabama improves their recruiting game, special teams

    Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    I betcha they recruit a European Soccer player to up the kicking game

    Peace

    Richard (CW)
    lol. I'm just glad they left Austin for us. Auburn is glad they left Daniel Carlson alone--who grew up an Alabama fan, in an Alabama family. Deacon Jones is his grandfather, who played baseball at Alabama. His wife was an Alabama cheerleader. All three of their children graduated from Alabama. Two of the three married "Alabama" people. Daniel Carlson's father played tennis at Alabama. His dog was named "Bama."

    Nick Saban met Carlson on a recruiting visit arranged by an Alabama staff member. Saban was pretty short with them, so the story goes, met him at Bryant-Denny, took him and his grandfather into a room, and told him he wouldn't sign a kicker he hasn't seen kick, talked about academics, football, etc., and the entire meeting was less than 10 minutes.

    That was the last time Carlson talked to Nick Saban until after his sophomore year at Auburn lol. Daniel Carlson ended his career making 13 field goals against Alabama in 4 games. He missed two long attempts (making other long attempts).

    Best two kickers in the Southeastern Conference, and among the top 5 best kickers in the country, both set up for Alabama, neither went there.

    Nick doesn't get them all right. Just most of them.

  9. #9

    Re: OT: Alabama improves their recruiting game, special teams

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    lol. I'm just glad they left Austin for us. Auburn is glad they left Daniel Carlson alone--who grew up an Alabama fan, in an Alabama family. Deacon Jones is his grandfather, who played baseball at Alabama. His wife was an Alabama cheerleader. All three of their children graduated from Alabama. Two of the three married "Alabama" people. Daniel Carlson's father played tennis at Alabama. His dog was named "Bama."

    Nick Saban met Carlson on a recruiting visit arranged by an Alabama staff member. Saban was pretty short with them, so the story goes, met him at Bryant-Denny, took him and his grandfather into a room, and told him he wouldn't sign a kicker he hasn't seen kick, talked about academics, football, etc., and the entire meeting was less than 10 minutes.

    That was the last time Carlson talked to Nick Saban until after his sophomore year at Auburn lol. Daniel Carlson ended his career making 13 field goals against Alabama in 4 games. He missed two long attempts (making other long attempts).

    Best two kickers in the Southeastern Conference, and among the top 5 best kickers in the country, both set up for Alabama, neither went there.

    Nick doesn't get them all right. Just most of them.
    Great story D. I love Nick Saban and Bama' football as I am sure you can tell. It's UK 1A Bama' a very close 1B. I have been a Bama' fan since the late 1970's. I could care less about their other sports.

    Peace

    Richard (CW)

  10. #10
    Unforgettable
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the South Bank of the Cahaba River
    Posts
    10,768

    Re: OT: Alabama improves their recruiting game, special teams

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    lol. I'm just glad they left Austin for us. Auburn is glad they left Daniel Carlson alone--who grew up an Alabama fan, in an Alabama family. Deacon Jones is his grandfather, who played baseball at Alabama. His wife was an Alabama cheerleader. All three of their children graduated from Alabama. Two of the three married "Alabama" people. Daniel Carlson's father played tennis at Alabama. His dog was named "Bama."

    Nick Saban met Carlson on a recruiting visit arranged by an Alabama staff member. Saban was pretty short with them, so the story goes, met him at Bryant-Denny, took him and his grandfather into a room, and told him he wouldn't sign a kicker he hasn't seen kick, talked about academics, football, etc., and the entire meeting was less than 10 minutes.

    That was the last time Carlson talked to Nick Saban until after his sophomore year at Auburn lol. Daniel Carlson ended his career making 13 field goals against Alabama in 4 games. He missed two long attempts (making other long attempts).

    Best two kickers in the Southeastern Conference, and among the top 5 best kickers in the country, both set up for Alabama, neither went there.

    Nick doesn't get them all right. Just most of them.
    I have known Andy’s uncle for almost 25 years. I was absolutely devastated when he missed the kick. It could have been a great story. The entire Pappanastos family is dyed in Crimson blood. Many of them are Alabama season ticket holders and have been for longer than I have known them. Andy grew up going to Bryant-Denney cheering the Tide. And when he was offered the walk-on opportunity he grabbed it. It could have been a great story!
    Real Fan since 1958

  11. #11

    Re: OT: Alabama improves their recruiting game, special teams

    Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I have known Andy’s uncle for almost 25 years. I was absolutely devastated when he missed the kick. It could have been a great story. The entire Pappanastos family is dyed in Crimson blood. Many of them are Alabama season ticket holders and have been for longer than I have known them. Andy grew up going to Bryant-Denney cheering the Tide. And when he was offered the walk-on opportunity he grabbed it. It could have been a great story!
    I felt sorry for the kid when he missed the FG. The weight of the sports world was on his shoulders after the miss.

  12. #12

    OT: Alabama improves their recruiting game, special teams

    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I felt sorry for the kid when he missed the FG. The weight of the sports world was on his shoulders after the miss.
    Same.

    I doubt it matters one bit to the kid now, though. There's such a great team atmosphere at Alabama (and most schools) and he's got, you know, that national championship thing to fall back on .

    Mick, thanks for the story. Regardless of the team, I love to hear good kids and families succeeding, and he certainly did that.

  13. #13
    Comeback Cat Catfan73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    3,817

    Re: OT: Alabama improves their recruiting game, special teams

    So can Banks convince Saban to use a scholarship on a kicker?
    Don't panic

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •