Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Zion Williamson will announce January 20

If I hear anything changes I will post ASAP but my contact feels it is a done deal

Matt Jones just changed his pick to Clemson

Also sounds like Jerry Meyer about to change his pick to Clemson.

"My Crystal Ball pick is Kentucky as I write this, but I'm edging closer to changing it to Clemson. I'm not discounting Kentucky as his possible destination. Clemson, however, looks to be the best odds prediction at this point."
    Last edited by StuBleedsBlue2; 01-04-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    Matt Jones just changed his pick to Clemson

Also sounds like Jerry Meyer about to change his pick to Clemson.

"My Crystal Ball pick is Kentucky as I write this, but I'm edging closer to changing it to Clemson. I'm not discounting Kentucky as his possible destination. Clemson, however, looks to be the best odds prediction at this point."
    Ugh. I don’t like that.

I read another great comment.. fans are tired of the one and done at the same time are getting pissed we miss on these top 3 guys lol

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    I read another great comment.. fans are tired of the one and done at the same time are getting pissed we miss on these top 3 guys lol
    Boy, ain't that the truth?
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

I also read elsewhere Cal has never made a final four unless he has had one top 5 talent on his roster.

What a kick in the gut, this stinks! Roster is perfect fit for Zion and his skill set.
    Last edited by GhettoBird; 01-05-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Hard to change from the one and done/best of the best style without it looking like failure and having either disappointed players or those intent on leaving regardless. The kids that are here, or are coming have that OAD mindset whether we like it or not.

Which then leaves you either very shorthanded on talent, or dealing with poor chemistry which further effects recruiting. It requires a complete change in coaching technic and program management.

Not to mention the transition the fan base would endure developing a senior laden lineup and accepting that you wont have the best talent when taking on the dukies, jayhawks, and unc's most times.
    Nope, we are what Cal has proclaimed us to be and that is a players first program and here to assist players in reaching their dreams as quickly as possible. To change from that will not be portrayed as being cutting edge, or adjusting a philosophy.

It would be portrayed as failure. So we continue along the same path and only slightly adjust our recruiting to add some experienced quality depth. We either get top ten players or we accept the top ten ranking as an ultimate goal. The consistent top two or three rankings are usually reserved for the best of the best.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Waaay too much behind the scene for UK to overcome I am told

Quote Originally Posted by ebarbaau View Post
    Seems to be a ton of that going on this year. Cal and staff have a had a lot of negative forces not only working against them, but also a lot of other forces working to encourage kids to other programs.

Interesting year for sure.

If he goes to Clemson...it’s a poor business decision imo.

I will also say that I wonder how much the Lavar Ball phenomena has affected some of these choices. My guess is that it has.
    Meaning many of these kids/families think they are bigger than any program.

Which is why I don’t understand why cal goes all in with These top kids and you have 2-3 top 15 kids who practically begged to come here..

Why would Jay Bilas say on a national broadcast of a huge game that “ UK is not going to out talent anyone”?

An ongoing agenda perhaps?

It was a ridiculous and untrue statement by a very smart man. So it was indeed agenda driven, and I think a part of a coordinated effort
    Last edited by kingcat; 01-04-2018 at 05:57 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBird View Post
    I also read elsewhere Cal has never made a final four unless he has had one top 5 talent on his roster.
    UMass didn’t have a top 5 high school player on the roster.

Darryl, what was the name of assistant who left for South Florida??? I want him back bad!! How bout you

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Evan Daniels just picked Clemson for Zion. This one is over.

Darryl

Orlando Antigua who’s staff committed multiple recruiting violations. Cal is the lead recruiter. Just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Evan Daniels just picked Clemson for Zion. This one is over.

Darryl
    That sucks.

It also limits my potential opportunities for cheap jokes about becoming a "Zionist".

Seriously though, Darryl... we gonna be JUST fine.

That's JMO, of course.

Zion Williamson will announce January 20

If I hear anything changes I will post ASAP but my contact feels it is a done deal
    Unfortunately, it appears you've been dead on this one for a long time. I have certainly appreciated the info, even if it wasn't good news.

No super team next year without Williamson, maybe if Wiseman reclassifies, but Williamson brings something unique. Titles hopes taking a huge hit.

We’ll be fine..Johnson and Quickley are legit top ten talented guys and love Herro. Maybe we get surprised on these..I’ll be honest, give me PJ/Gabriel/JV combo or all 3 and you won’t see me crying

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Unfortunately, it appears you've been dead on this one for a long time. I have certainly appreciated the info, even if it wasn't good news.
    Ditto.

SGA is looking like a major stud and he was a recruiting afterthought. Point being, winning the recruiting ranking race is fun, but, it doesn’t mean anything until they produce in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Ditto.
    Same here, the insight was much appreciated regardless of the outcome.

We’ll be fine..Johnson and Quickley are legit top ten talented guys and love Herro. Maybe we get surprised on these..I’ll be honest, give me PJ/Gabriel/JV combo or all 3 and you won’t see me crying
    Monk, Fox and Adebayo weren’t top 5, but I wouldn’t swap them for other guys at their positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacat View Post
    SGA is looking like a major stud and he was a recruiting afterthought. Point being, winning the recruiting ranking race is fun, but, it doesn’t mean anything until they produce in college.
    More of an afterthought with fans than with the staff. He was one of the first commits (maybe the first) in his class for Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Monk, Fox and Adebayo weren’t top 5, but I wouldn’t swap them for other guys at their positions.
    Really enjoyed that trio, the way they played and carried themselves. As you say I wouldn’t trade any of those guys just wish they’d gotten a better shake in the end.

Reading around the comments of the gurus indicate that they wouldn’t be surprised if a school other than Clemson lands Zion.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Reading around the comments of the gurus indicate that they wouldn’t be surprised if a school other than Clemson lands Zion.
    Where are you seeing this?

Thanks, Darryl

UMass didn’t have a top 5 high school player on the roster.
    Marcus Camby?
    Last edited by StuBleedsBlue2; 01-04-2018 at 09:16 PM.