Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Zion Williamson will announce January 20

@EvanDaniels: Five-star forward Zion Williamson will announce his college choice on January 20th.

Re: Zion Williamson will announce January 20

Boy do we need him!! Cat

Clemson bound based on that date I’d think. Hope I’m wrong, but it sure doesn’t seem to be pointing to UK.

Can't see him announcing to an out of state school half way thru high basketball season.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy4Blue View Post
    Can't see him announcing to an out of state school half way thru high basketball season.
    Nobody in SC cares about basketball, though.

FWIW, I don't think we'll get him either.
    I wouldn't pull for UofL if they were playing the Taliban.

The sooner the announcement the better shot the Cats have.

@clintjackson1: Most sources feel Clemson and Kentucky are most likely destinations for Zion Williamson.

@clintjackson1: I polled seven solid sources on Zion Williamson today. Five picked Clemson. Two picked Kentucky.

Jerry Meyer still picking Kentucky as of now in the Crystal Ball.

No matter what the choice it will be good to have it over.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Jerry Meyer still picking Kentucky as of now in the Crystal Ball.

No matter what the choice it will be good to have it over.
    Yes, glad he is announcing early. Gives us an opportunity to go after others.

Peace

Richard (CW)

Gotta be a bad thing...ppl mention the past few weeks he may be leaning Clemson and announce Early then he does this...what a shame if we lose this kid. Idk though cal may have a feeling we struggle and he wants to give the bbn a pick me up?
    Go Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    Yes, glad he is announcing early. Gives us an opportunity to go after others.

Peace

Richard (CW)
    This is the one bright spot in this. None of this late may drama.

The only UK momentum I've seen is from Joe Adams who runs BBN Wildcats group on FB. He correctly predicted Knox and Jamal Murray but has been off on others. Anyways, on Jan 1 he said he's been told Zion has committed to UK but not sure when it will be made public. three days later announcement date set. Says Clemson stuff is diversion.

We'll see if he's right but my bet is Clemson. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm glad he is announcing so we don't play the hope and waiting game for 4 more months.

Here is the thing I don't get...Yes Trae Young is legit, Bamba is good for Texas.. but when are these kids going to see that likes of ESPN like the college TEAM domination more than the individual. NBA is all about the players...College, the teams that are the best, that is who they run with. Look at UK in 15, UK in 14 with all the hype on the freshman...Zion seems like the kid who wants to be part of something big..All the talk of staying home is coming from aau folks who know is step father/family. Does Zion truly want the bigger stage? Besides some guys tweeting about Trae, who else in the country is talking about him?

my point is, in college, fans and media pay attention more to the dominant team..
    Last edited by anderwt; 01-04-2018 at 10:50 AM.

@BBRecruiting247: Five-star SF Zion Williamson has set his decision date. #Clemson and #Kentucky are currently tied for the lead in his @247CrystalBall predictions

https://247sports.com/Article/Five-s...date-113175865 https://twitter.com/BBRecruiting247/...053312/photo/1

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Trae Young make a great choice; his team is #7 in the nation and just destroying opponents; he is rocketing up the mock drafts being called Seth Curry II; and he is the talk of the nation for college basketball.

Bamba is the one who could be leading the title favorite at UK; he IS the missing piece on this team.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Trae Young make a great choice; his team is #7 in the nation and just destroying opponents; he is rocketing up the mock drafts being called Seth Curry II; and he is the talk of the nation for college basketball.

Bamba is the one who could be leading the title favorite at UK; he IS the missing piece on this team.

Darryl
    Bamba is the missing piece. Cal knows it just like we do, IMO it is why Cal was happy to take Quade, he thought it meant Bamba was locked up.

I just read elsewhere that ESPN game day is at RUPP for UK/Florida on 1/20. Is that correct? Has there ever been a recruit announce on gameday?

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBird View Post
    Bamba is the missing piece. Cal knows it just like we do, IMO it is why Cal was happy to take Quade, he thought it meant Bamba was locked up.
    Bamba is among the most painful misses of the Cal era imo.

I just read elsewhere that ESPN game day is at RUPP for UK/Florida on 1/20. Is that correct? Has there ever been a recruit announce on gameday?
    Whoa. Coincidence?

Clemson has a home game that day too fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Whoa. Coincidence?
    Everybody always reads too much into things...but I don't think that's coincidental.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick54 View Post
    Clemson has a home game that day too fwiw.
    It won’t be a game day game.

Tyler Herro's birthday is January 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Everybody always reads too much into things...but I don't think that's coincidental.
    Well, I realize the trend is toward Clemson. And maybe that’s where he goes.
    But that date just smells like Cal.

And I also agree with Travis...everything about Zion has been marketing. For two years now. And there is no bigger stage than UK. I guess we will see. But neither would surprise me no matter what the “experts” think. If I had to bet it would still be UK.

Well, I realize the trend is toward Clemson. And maybe that’s where he goes.
    But that date just smells like Cal.

And I also agree with Travis...everything about Zion has been marketing. For two years now. And there is no bigger stage than UK. I guess we will see. But neither would surprise me no matter what the “experts” think. If I had to bet it would still be UK.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV8eT0zqP5s

nuff said
    Last edited by ebarbaau; 01-04-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ebarbaau View Post
    That was funny. I hate that we lost this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ebarbaau View Post
    I take that as you have a strong “hunch”
    Go Cats!

That was funny. I hate that we lost this kid.
    We did?

We did?
    I sincerely hope not, but I feel like we have. All that said, I thought we had Barrett, Bamba and a couple others, and they went elsewhere. Perhaps me thinking the Zion ship has sailed is actually a good thing. LOL.