Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Amazon Firestick...

Amazon Firestick...

I may have missed a previous Firestick thread, but anyway, I was given one for Christmas.

Anybody else using one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Amazon Firestick...

You have to pay?
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Yes. When I go camping. Unless I bring a zippo.

I have one. It’s awesome.....as long as you have quick internet....

I have a RVeal box which is similar but get everything without any fees. I love it except for the occasional buffering on some live sports events. Sometimes I have to channel search to find a buffer free, or sometimes its not happening. But the key is fast internet.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I bought a new router capable of 300MB per second and it improved my buffering situation greatly. When the signal buffers now, it’s Spectrum’s doing.

Doc I know we have discussed but where can I get one, my big hang up with keeping
    Spectrum is being about to see the games but I am tired of the $165 bill each month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I have a RVeal box which is similar but get everything without any fees. I love it except for the occasional buffering on some live sports events. Sometimes I have to channel search to find a buffer free, or sometimes its not happening. But the key is fast internet.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Doc I know we have discussed but where can I get one, my big hang up with keeping
    Spectrum is being about to see the games but I am tired of the $165 bill each month.
    https://www.rveal.com/
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I've had a Fire stick since they first came out ($19 intro offer to Prime members).

We use it for our "other" TV. Kind of a clunky interface but it works fine. I haven't modified it to run Kodi/Plex/etc. but there are lots of guides out there to do that if you want to give it a go.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I have the Fire TV which is phenomenal. I use it with PSVue, Netflix and Amazon Prime. Couldn't be happier. I also have a Fire Stick in our Master...it works great, but the interface isn't nearly as nice as the Fire TV, but still works great.

Hardware
    • Amazon Fire TV – Onetime fee of $99 (includes Amazon Prime for a year)…there are different option packages
    o This is a small box that makes your TV a smart TV – this is the best one on the market (much better than Roku…we have both)
    • Or, you can buy an Amazon Fire Stick for $35 (Honestly, this works great but it doesn’t have the storage that Fire TV has)

Software
    • PS Vue $34.99 monthly – There is a cheaper version, but this one includes the Big 10 Network, SEC Network, Disney etc…Best service by far
    o You can stream to multiple devices (TV, IPhone, IPad…) unlike Roku which you need an account for each device

Internet
    • Cincinnati Bell $34.99

Optional
    • Amazon Prime $99 per year (lots of shows and movies plus reduced rates and faster delivery on shipping)
    • Netflix - $8 per month
    • Over the air antenna – for $30 you can get an antenna that will give you about 30 local channels in HD (I recommend this)

My Setup
    • 1 Amazon Fire TV in living room
    • 1 Amazon Fire Stick in the Master
    • 1 PlayStation that streams PSVue in the boys room
    • Cincinnati Bell High Speed internet
    • Netflix
    • Amazon Prime
    • Over the air antenna
    • We cancelled our phone service and just use cell phones now

Issues
    • Your service is all based on your internet stability, you lose your internet, you lose your TV – Good news is you still have your antenna. Ours rarely goes out

Is there a monthly subscription with the Firestick?

No, but whatever you add can be a paid item. A good free TV app is Pluto TV. I have PSVue as well with sports pack at 34.99. With the cost of my internet it’s about $89 per month and I get all that I had with Directv for $40 less plus us of 100MB internet for that price. Directv is competing by offering unlimited internet for streaming on ATT phones now. I’m not sure I’ll ever go back to ATT.
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Is there a monthly subscription with the Firestick?

Would already have gotten rid of spectrum but want to see UK games.

Amazon Firestick...

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Would already have gotten rid of spectrum but want to see UK games.
    Hopefully you cut Charter Friday night so you didn't have to see the 2nd half against Tennessee.

Actually knew the game would be about a 95% chance of a loss so I just read the game thread and did not watch.