Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT: Villanova 40-0???

Watching Nova they just look like a machine. Looking at their schedule, with the exception of Seaton Hall, Butler, and Xavier who else has a shot at them before the tournament?

... and as I type Temple just went on 11-0 run to get it to 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Now some official by the name of John Higgins (CS'r)just issued a technical to a Temple player..

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Unforgettable

Re: OT: Villanova 40-0???

Better game on Fox 1. Western leading Wisky.
    Real Fan since 1958

55% ft shooter... Hollingsworth from Lexington Dunbar nails them both.

1 point game

How about Whisky?? 87.5% ft shooter misses the first.

WKU ties it w/.9

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Better game on Fox 1. Western leading Wisky.
    Thanks... good looking out.

The Ole CBCG play on the inbound that actually got called.

Wisconsin was up 61-51 so I turned it off.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

There was some hope talk that Hollingsworth would wait for a UK offer.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Didn't see any part of the game, but just saw on twitter that Western got "cheated" out of an overtime period at Wisconsin. Several tweets from different people about some call.

Couple of tweets:

* You never see that call ... and you never should. Western just got hosed.

* First of all, you never see that call. Second, how does a @bigten official screw up the call that bad. Wow.

* Western Kentucky just got hosed. Unreal.

* Annnnd that's why it's hard to win at the Kohl Center

Inbound play running the base line they set a pick on the defender. The guy mowed over the guy. The ref called blocking, but then gave the free throws to whisky.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Inbound play running the base line they set a pick on the defender. The guy mowed over the guy. The ref called blocking, but then gave the free throws to whisky.

Western had the ball? They set a stationary pick, and the Wisky player collided with him? The referee called the foul originally on....Wisconsin, then changed it?

Help me out. Explain it to me like I'm a six-year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

The sport is worth billions, and like anything with money and power, it is corrupted. lol
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Western had the ball? They set a stationary pick, and the Wisky player collided with him? The referee called the foul originally on....Wisconsin, then changed it?

Vise versa... WKU tied the game w/.9

Whisky has .9 to inbound and go the length of the floor. So the whisky guy inbounding runs the base line, and they set a pick on the WKU defender( a-la- BCG in the Sec tourney) the WKU defender mows over the whisky guy that set the pick. The ref blows his whistle and puts his hands on his hips signaling a block which would send the defender for WKU to the line, however they ended up reversing it and giving the guy setting the pick the free throws. The key is the ref called blocking the call is not reviewable yet somehow it went the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Vise versa... WKU tied the game w/.9

Whisky has .9 to inbound and go the length of the floor. So the whisky guy inbounding runs the base line, and they set a pick on the WKU defender( a-la- BCG in the Sec tourney) the WKU defender mows over the whisky guy that set the pick. The ref blows his whistle and puts his hands on his hips signaling a block which would send the defender for WKU to the line, however they ended up reversing it and giving the guy setting the pick the free throws. The key is the ref called blocking the call is not reviewable yet somehow it went the other way.
    So it sounds like you didn't see, or there was not, any clear ref meeting wherein one called one way the other another and the three of them make a final call.

Occasionally, seems like you see something like that, but your description reads like the ref didn't show any obvious sign of reversing himself either.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Thanks for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    So it sounds like you didn't see, or there was not, any clear ref meeting wherein one called one way the other another and the three of them make a final call.

Occasionally, seems like you see something like that, but your description reads like the ref didn't show any obvious sign of reversing himself either.
    They did not show a referee huddle up, they did show the play in question and the ref signaling blocking several times.

Then they panned over and showed Stansbury going apeshet which is where they pointed out that fouls weren't reviewable.

Stansbury did show restraint avoiding a technical, but he delivered a pretty good rant... to no avail.

Thanks for the nuanced portrayal, boss.

Just a note BTW... Wisconsin's down this year... and so is the Big Ten... and most know it who follow that conference.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Unforgettable

SVP just ripped the refs on his SC show. Pretty bad.
    Real Fan since 1958

Don't panic

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    On the second FT, did it hit the rim? If not I believe it's a dead ball and WKU gets an inbound

You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

Unforgettable

Wasn't the call correct? That was a charge, right? Granted, the official indicated it was a block, but can't we assume that he meant to call a charge in which case the WI player got the FTs as he should have. If, however, you believe it was in fact a block, how on earth did WI get to shoot FTs?

I suppose I am assuming that a foul is not official until it is reported to the scorer's table. In other words, doesn't an official have to "formally" report any foul to the scorer's table or do they just look at the guy under the basket and try to interpret what is going on.

Of course, WKU solves this problem by simply not hiring Stansbury?

Oh, btw, can we not ever use "40-0" again in the context of a college basketball team's potential final record? It's not going to happen and it surely will not be Vilanova who does it.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance—it is the illusion of knowledge."
    - Daniel J. Boorstin

Watch the offensive player's left leg and knee.

Here's the rule.

Art. 1. A player shall not hold, displace, push, charge, trip or impede the progress
    of an opponent by extending arm(s), shoulder(s), hip(s) or knee(s) or by bending
    his own body into other than a normal position...

What you saw is the left leg being extended, knee bent in an effort to impede the progress of the defensive player. I have seen it called something like other than an ordinary basketball position.

It's not blatant, but I think the official was looking to see if a stunt would be pulled, and correctly called it, but not many people would believe it. And it's so close you couldn't quarrel with a call made otherwise.

What made this bizarre is he was emphatic with his call, yet flipped. Why?

I actually think it should be called if a foul occurs. A foul is a foul. But IMO, the one last night should've been a block on Wisconsin because I didn't think the Wisconsin guy was set.

I have no problem with it being called in that situation, but it should be called correctly. Just because there's contact doesn't mean it's a foul on the defense. The team setting the pick should be called for a foul if they're not set properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    Oh, btw, can we not ever use "40-0" again in the context of a college basketball team's potential final record? It's not going to happen and it surely will not be Vilanova who does it.

AMEN!!!!

Why did Stansbury have a guy guarding the inbounder with 0.9 left? The move there is to load up the front court and play for the long pass 5 on 4. With 0.9 it has to be a catch and shoot, no time to dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Why did Stansbury have a guy guarding the inbounder with 0.9 left? The move there is to load up the front court and play for the long pass 5 on 4. With 0.9 it has to be a catch and shoot, no time to dribble.
    It wasn't .9. It was 2.0 seconds.

I'm still not sure if it's a block or a charge but isn't the guy trying to draw the charge supposed to leave the other guy room to take a step? I totally missed whether the second free throw hit the rim, good question. You can kind of hear it clang off of something but it doesn't show it on the replay.
    Don't panic

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    On the second FT, did it hit the rim? If not I believe it's a dead ball and WKU gets an inbound
    I wondered the same thing. They show it on the live broadcast or the replays, but based on the downward trajectory of the ball, it either hit the bottom of the rim or the somehow the bottom of the backboard.

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    It wasn't .9. It was 2.0 seconds.
    Correct, I believe they adjusted the clock after the WKU basket....