Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Kentucky remains # 8 in AP Poll

Hmm.

Arizona State jumped Kentucky (# 16 to # 5), Miami jumped Kentucky (# 10 to # 6) and UNC-CH jumped Kentucky (# 11 to # 7).

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 12-11-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Re: Kentucky remains # 8 in AP Poll

I understand they are thinking UK has not played anyone but just do not remember a team getting little to no respect in the past.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Hmm.

Arizona jumped Kentucky (# 16 to # 5), Miami jumped Kentucky (# 10 to # 6) and UNC-CH jumped Kentucky (# 11 to # 7).

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll
    One thing; it was Arizona State at #5

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    One thing; it was Arizona State at #5

Darryl
    Corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Corrected.
    No problem; I was going to be upset if Arizona passed us.

Though Ayton is a monster

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    No problem; I was going to be upset if Arizona passed us.

Though Ayton is a monster

Darryl
    No, I meant Ariz. State. Had already typed it once (in the Coaches poll), figured my fingers must be tired. The rest of me sure is (Just returned from physical therapy on my shoulder!)

I honestly don't disagree with this. If we win Saturday and some other teams lose, I can see some movement. Right now, we have just beat no body at this point.

Peace

Richard (CW)

I don't get it, while we haven't beat "anybody" a lot of other teams haven't beat "anybody" either.

We actually moved down in the polls after struggling with Utah, Vermont, and Troy. Mean while dook struggled with a couple of teams and then got beat by BC and they only drop three spots.

It seems like the polls are based on potential....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Everyone who justifies UK barely or NOT moving up in polls is wrong.

So sick of our incessantly mopey and whiney fanbase.

GTFO the U**NC game, the scandals that go unpunished, and PLEASE STFU, once and for all, about the goddamned Wisconsin game.

I was there and I need no reminders.

Oh, and BTW, has anyone slammed our coach's scheduling in the last two minutes?

If not, better get on it so we won't forget how much he and UK freaking SUCK for not being the Second Coming of Perfection Incarnate.

I mean I just canNOT get enough of THAT.

Yay UK fans.

We rule... NOT NOT NOT!!!!!
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

^^My man, preach it brutha!!

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post

GTFO the U**NC game, the scandals that go unpunished, and PLEASE STFU, once and for all, about the goddamned Wisconsin game.

If not, better get on it so we won't forget how much he and UK freaking SUCK for not being the Second Coming of Perfection Incarnate.

Yay UK fans.

Nice post.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post

Yay UK fans.

Is it okay to still hate Wisconsin? Not all UL, dook, unc hate, but still a healthy disdain?

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Is it okay to still hate Wisconsin? Not all UL, dook, unc hate, but still a healthy disdain?

Big Ten teams are easy to hate as a rule... easier when they had Bo Ryan coaching... still, they're no IU... and he's no Knight.

I may be the anomaly, but to me, "I Still Hate Laettner" shirts should be beneath us and Duke is still just some punk johnny-come-lately snot farm in the larger view of college hoops history. They are beneath my contempt and belong there because of who THEY are, NOT because of whatever rise they can get outta me due to the most famous win in THEIR history.

It's their biggest win because beating Kentucky is THE most important accomplishment for ANY other program. It's because of who WE are, so Laettner doesn't deserve to shine in OUR light... or, like I say, that is how I see it, how I think it should be thought of.

I refuse to let a program of Wisconsin's history, i.e. extremely low on any pecking order of greatest ever programs, make me over-emote for years on end about the biggest win in THEIR history.

We are UK and they are nothing.

Period. Forever.

Just my preferred way of thinking about things.

Others may differ and your mileage may vary.

Hope that clears things up a tad, bossman (insert winky icon here).
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

I’ve never really seen this happen w the polls where a team doesn’t move up based on wins? Anyone? First for me, at least at the top. Oh and if we don’t have potential why did we start the year so high?
    Go Cats!

I understand being ranked 8th. I think that is about right, maybe a little low, but not enough to argue about. But I don't get how we keep winning and keep dropping or staying the same. If we were Duke, we would have jumped up 7 spots.