Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rupp's Runt

Baseball movie guys...

Need some opinions. I'm looking for some split canvas prints of baseball movies but they are hard to find, so I have found someone to print some on Etsy. I'm thinking the 42 print should be in a 4 canvas split? And I don't like The Field of Dreams as much as I thought I would. Maybe the "catch with dad scene?"....Later I'll probably do two of The Sandlot and Major League where they call the shot. Any other or better suggestions?

Attachment 6952
    Attachment 6953
    Attachment 6954

Rupp's Runt

Re: Baseball movie guys...

4 canvas split layout

Attachment 6955

Not exactly sure what you're looking for, but just wanted to mention, in case it is at all helpful, that Eight Men Out, directed by legendary indie director, John Sayles, is by far my favorite Baseball movie ever.

Lots of great images and acting in that film, FWIW.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Rupp's Runt

Krank, I love these split canvas prints. Google split canvas prints and you will see some neat stuff. I plan on putting some baseball movie prints like those above in my theater room that I am building. I hopefully have a guy coming to finish the room over Christmas break...hopefully...on a side note, why is it so hard to get people to come work?

changing my signature to change our luck.

Just out of curiosity and/or to be more clear for my slow mind...

KW, you are more interested in Baseball movie prints, as opposed to actual old school Baseball photos used as prints, due to a specific passion for Baseball movies, per se?

...or is it because the actual photos of actual players/scenes are that hard to get, at least the ones you want, in order to make them into prints?

Rupp's Runt

Krank, if your mind is slow, mine is moving backwards...

Baseball is my favorite sport. Baseball movies are my favorite movies. It is going in a theater room. So baseball movies just seem fitting.

Also, finding split canvas baseball movies is difficult as well as finding really high resolution images to print this large. So I'm trying to do my own.

I've debated on real baseball stuff, super hero, and UK themes. But I think I will be the happiest if I can pull off some baseball movie stuff.

Very cool, KW.

I have enough geeky passion for a number of things to conceptualize something like you're doing.

Unfortunately, I am completely ill equipped to advise you on the how to's or where to go's on something like this.

I recently ordered four beautiful art prints made by this bad ass Argentinian artist, each made as tribute to individual episodes of my fave TV show, Twin Peaks, through a company, Society 6, whose website promotes indie artist work, but I have no idea if they deal with images from movies, specifically.

Hey, who knows? Maybe they have links to links to what you're looking for. Sounds like you've done a lot of searching already though.

Good luck in any event.

The natural might have some good shots, ole Roy Hobbs!
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Baseball movie guys...

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Krank, if your mind is slow, mine is moving backwards...

Baseball is my favorite sport. Baseball movies are my favorite movies. It is going in a theater room. So baseball movies just seem fitting.

Also, finding split canvas baseball movies is difficult as well as finding really high resolution images to print this large. So I'm trying to do my own.

I've debated on real baseball stuff, super hero, and UK themes. But I think I will be the happiest if I can pull off some baseball movie stuff.
    See if you can find pics of Kentucky v North Carolina South with Sean Hjelle on the mound with the crowd singing Sweet Caroline. Man, that was a great night.

Rupp's Runt

Catfan, I need to work the Bad News Bears in there someplace for sure.

Catman, I've thought about the knocking out the lights scene.

Does this one count?

Ever see Jimmy Piersall's movie, "Fear Strikes Out?" Oldie...

Wild Thing!

By the way, my favorite of yours may be the Field of Dreams scene. Wow, that gave me chills (in a good way) when watching it.

I think this pic is cool, but the movie didn't knock my socks off like it did a lot of people. Good movie, just not at the very top of my list like it is with other folks.

May want more scenery than just one guy, but this pic of Charlie Sheen--young star then, in 8 Men Out, is a classic.

Better one.

I'm tired, took a quick look but couldn't find anything specific--but I'm not doing my local town right by not including a photo with Rickwood Field in it. I think it would be cool for your room. Rickwood Field was featured in the movies Cobb (buddy of mine "starred" as the Umpire in that movie), Soul of the Game, and 42: The Jackie Robinson Story.

Can't tie these to specific movies, but both at Rickwood Field.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    By the way, my favorite of yours may be the Field of Dreams scene. Wow, that gave me chills (in a good way) when watching it.
    Sleep much last night?

A scene from Major League will make it on the wall for sure. I did not realize until recently that that Charlie Sheen was in 8 Men Out. I have not watched that in a long while.

Need some opinions. I'm looking for some split canvas prints of baseball movies but they are hard to find, so I have found someone to print some on Etsy. I'm thinking the 42 print should be in a 4 canvas split? And I don't like The Field of Dreams as much as I thought I would. Maybe the "catch with dad scene?"....Later I'll probably do two of The Sandlot and Major League where they call the shot. Any other or better suggestions?

Attachment 6952
    Attachment 6953
    Attachment 6954
    I really like the Field of Dreams one, personally.

You might think about The Natural, too--the scene at the end where (spoiler alert, if you can have a spoiler alert for a movie that's 30+ years old) he hit the home run and the lights are sparking (sorry for the large size, this is the only one I could find offhand):

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

One of my favorite baseball movies that absolutely no one else likes is The Scout with Albert Brooks and Brendan Frasier. I don't have a picture but there's this one scene of the game where Brooks first discovers him that's part baseball game and part cockfight. Hilarious.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Sleep much last night?

A scene from Major League will make it on the wall for sure. I did not realize until recently that that Charlie Sheen was in 8 Men Out. I have not watched that in a long while.
    I think I saw every hour on the clock. I might not have seen 3 a.m., but I know I saw 2, 4, 5 and got up at 6. Tough night.

Major League was such a "fun" one. I go back and forth on how much I really like Field of Dreams as a pure baseball movie, but your pic is just a terrific one. Love the ideas you have. Good luck with it; when you finish, I'd love to see all of the finished products.

Rupp's Runt

Catfan...we really need to talk about The Scout...

Darrell, the room will be mostly done after Christmas if my guy shows up. This will be the 3rd person I have had coming. If he doesn't come. I guess I'll try to do it but this is probably above my skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    The natural might have some good shots, ole Roy Hobbs!
    That's what I was thinking. The shot where the baseball is leaving the park and the lights are blowing out would look good.

Also, Kevin Costner in "For the Love of the Game" would have some images that would make great quad prints.

Rupp's Runt

Honest opinions please. My room is nearly done. May be after summer before I get my sound receiver and permanent projector. The walls are lighter in color than they look in the picture, with a slight purple tint.

Do you like the pictures on the side? They would be done as split canvas prints. Or leave the walls alone. Another suggestion?

Attachment 7069

Pap. Wants.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Pap. Wants.
    Pap, if you have the space, it is not really expensive to do. It can be, but doesn't have to be.

If it can be done without Grammy finding out, then OK. Otherwise I just have to be content with my TV in the living room.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.