Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terry Wilson!

Terry Wilson!

Looks like the nation's second rated Juco qb will be visiting UK after all this weekend! We're all in on him while Nebraska seems to be favoring Martinez, a Tenn decommit. Fla has also offered Wilson, who is expected to enroll in Jan and have 3 years to play. If he joins our qb competition we,re going to look like a traditional power. Top Juco qb with 3 four stars and a possible sleeper in the 3 star Wood. As always, may the best man win

Rupp's Runt

Re: Terry Wilson!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
    Looks like the nation's second rated Juco qb will be visiting UK after all this weekend! We're all in on him while Nebraska seems to be favoring Martinez, a Tenn decommit. Fla has also offered Wilson, who is expected to enroll in Jan and have 3 years to play. If he joins our qb competition we,re going to look like a traditional power. Top Juco qb with 3 four stars and a possible sleeper in the 3 star Wood. As always, may the best man win
    The best man generally does. The problems come with the fans who can’t accept it.
    Real Fan since 1958

Patrick just told me he thinks Walker Wood is best undergrad qb on campus now

I'm excited about Wilson, would love to get him.

Was told tonight things looking good for us

Can't imagine why we are looking so hard for a QB. We all know we're bound to have better offense and passing next year.

The good news is we seem to have luck with overlooked 2 year QBs of late.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Great to hear Terry. Would be nice to have touchdown Terry suit up for us.

I’d like to see one of the guys you don’t expect like wood step up and become a good one.
    Go Cats!

One of the high school gus we were interested in:Michael Baldwin commited to Ohio State. If Wilson comes in and starts over the returning guys we have, we,ll know we really have something

Patrick just told me he thinks Walker Wood is best undergrad qb on campus now
    Is he basing this on what he looked like last year? Hasn't he been injured? I hope he's a good one; my only misgivings is he's only 6'. Awesome if we can sign Wilson.
    Don't panic

Don,t know but Hinshaw said he had a perfect motion and Johnson said he,s a stud. Not sure if he,ll be 100 pc by spring or not after shoulder surgery. Wood. I think is around same size as Joe Montana

I would still say Barker is the leader in the clubhouse, even if we have Wilson, IF he,s healthy and that,s a big if. This will be his 5th year in the program, should know system inside out and Stoops has been glowing in his remarks. But as Mick said I feel like for the most part the coaches are going to play the players who give us the best chance to win, why wouldn,t they. Clips I,ve seen of Wilson show a faster and much stronger Johnson. Can see why staff wants him

I don't care who we have playing if we win.

By the way, I still think Drew Barker is a good quarterback. I'm in a big minority of wanting him to get playing time in the Music City Bowl Game, and was disappointed he didn't get meaningful time against Louisville in preparation. His ceiling is high. I don't know if he will reach it or not but he seems to have matured and I look forward to seeing him play next year.

It can't hurt us to have a really competitive situation in the Spring. I hope that Barker does realize the potential he showed coming into the program next year and has a great year, but I also hear blips from people, seemingly with an inside view, that believe Hoak will be the quarterback next year. Again, good to have "good" options.

Wilson looks like he could be downright terrifying with some coaching up from Hinshaw. I know that CJ must swoon watching his video as the TE gets a boatload of passes thrown his way.

Fiddlin' Five

I don't care "who" the QB is as long as he leads Kentucky to more wins than losses.

Lamar Jackson type talent. He would be a nice get for UK for sure
    seeya
    dan

I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky. Hunter S Thompson

I know some think otherwise but I'll be 100 pc behind whoever the staff puts out there. Except for maybe spring game and the open fall practice I don,t get to see practices. Our coaches are around them every day so who am I to question their judgement. Heck Stoops gets 250k for every win starting at 7, why would he not play his best

Heck Stoops gets 250k for every win starting at 7, why would he not play his best
    Good question. I do think he played the best he had, but seemed to so it grudgingly.
    seeya
    dan

I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky. Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Lamar Jackson type talent. He would be a nice get for UK for sure
    Who, Terry Wilson? You can’t be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacat View Post
    Who, Terry Wilson? You can’t be serious.
    The game film I watched of him showed me that he does a great job scrambling out of the pocket and is fast enough and elusive enough to break long runs on both the scramble and on designed run plays.
    seeya
    dan

Just FWIW, he tweeted an hour ago that he was in Lexington, so he definitely made the trip.

Great news and I agree...he is quick, elusive, and fast...and he can fling it too

Watch out for Nebraska.

Terry any updates with him on campus?

Got an inquiry out now

He went to volleyball game and had a blast

He went to volleyball game and had a blast
    Good deal. That was for sure a great environment and a good place to show him how much UK fans care about their teams
    seeya
    dan

Here's to him being a Wildcat. Like everyone else I want the competition to give us another "winner" at QB.
    I'm similar to Darrell on Barker. Maturity is a big deal and we know he has the physical ability. Hopefully, he learned from Johnson that there are also intangibles which helps form a team leader. That is where he has lacked to this point, but like I said..maturity is a huge advantage.

"I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out that I'd just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I was thinking about doing that anyway." Jack Handey ,