Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Washington 60, Kansas 52 with 7 Minutes Left

Doesn't Virginia tech have a bad loss or two?
    Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    Kansas was favored by 22.

The VT team we play next week beat Washington by 24.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Washington 60, Kansas 52 with 7 Minutes Left

Quote Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
    My bad, youíre right. I saw the giant Jayhawk at center court and just assumed it was the Phog. Iím glad to see those rock chalkers go down though! I really didnít think Washington would be able to hold the lead, but kudos to those guys for finishing strong - impressive effort.
    Ditto... the big bird head threw me off too. Still, biggest upset of the year, so far....until dook takes an L.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I havenít had an opportunity to watch enough college hoops this year to have a handle on who appears to be legitimately in the upper tier, but if KU is even close to their ranking and the same for UF as well, I feel a lot better about our prospects. I assume Dook is the class of the field, but Iím becoming less concerned about our learning curve in relation to the competition and more optimistic about our opportunity to catch up to/run with the lead pack by Tourney time. We have a long way to go to be sure, but if we do the work Iím confident we can be in the conversation yet again.

Washington 60, Kansas 52 with 7 Minutes Left

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Doesn't Virginia tech have a bad loss or two?
    Their only loss was to St Louis by 6. VA Tech beat Morehead St by 33, squeaked one out against Ole Miss by 3... overall they've been scoring a boat load of points including 132-93 win over Citadel. Be curious to see the over/under when we play them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
    I havenít had an opportunity to watch enough college hoops this year to have a handle on who appears to be legitimately in the upper tier, but if KU is even close to their ranking and the same for UF as well, I feel a lot better about our prospects. I assume Dook is the class of the field, but Iím becoming less concerned about our learning curve in relation to the competition and more optimistic about our opportunity to catch up to/run with the lead pack by Tourney time. We have a long way to go to be sure, but if we do the work Iím confident we can be in the conversation yet again.
    There is a tendency, IMO, for the media and fans, overall, to "look for" a ringer, a big dog, that "dominant" team to crown, ASAP, the beast of basketball. Sometimes it's more than one team, but the conversational momentum always seems to get back to identifying, usually way too early, some team that "shouldn't be" beaten.

This year has been all about who can catch Duke, but it will become just like MOST years in the sport, IMO... something MUCH more wide open is the landscape that will be carved out and it's going to be a wild ride.

Of course Kentucky is ONE of the MANY teams that will have SOME sort of say in how College Basketball '17-'18 will go, Duke will lose, look weak in certain areas even in wins, other teams will emerge from the dust formed from teams who crash and burn through their projections.

JMO.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    There is a tendency, IMO, for the media and fans, overall, to "look for" a ringer, a big dog, that "dominant" team to crown, ASAP, the beast of basketball. Sometimes it's more than one team, but the conversational momentum always seems to get back to identifying, usually way too early, some team that "shouldn't be" beaten.

This year has been all about who can catch Duke, but it will become just like MOST years in the sport, IMO... something MUCH more wide open is the landscape that will be carved out and it's going to be a wild ride.

Of course Kentucky is ONE of the MANY teams that will have SOME sort of say in how College Basketball '17-'18 will go, Duke will lose, look weak in certain areas even in wins, other teams will emerge from the dust formed from teams who crash and burn through their projections.

JMO.
    Good stuff, Krank, and I agree. Iím honestly still baffled by UFís collapse down the stretch against Dook, and the officiating was certainly questionable, but I wonder if there isnít a bit of a hangover for them from that loss. Regardless, it appears to be a much more open field than I anticipated and thatís a good thing for our guys as they develop and find their identity. Iím gradually shaking off my general malaise or ďslow startĒ for lack of a better term and getting more excited for this yearís journey.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post

JMO.
    And a very good opinion. We are often too quick to overweight (1) a single game and/or (2) games in November/December. Yes, FSU beat UF the other night but does anyone really expect FSU to be a better team? I don't think so. We only beat Harvard by 9. Are we really only 9 points better than Harvard? I doubt it. I don't know if it's that we don't know better, care about this so much that any objectivity is impossible, or simply are the most pessimistic/conspiracy driven group on earth. But what happens now has little impact on what will happen in March. We can't always count on a March "tweak" but I refuse to crown any single team until the last game is played and I refuse to get to concerned until mid-February at the earliest. Life is too short and there are way too many other things for me to truly be concerned about.
    "Calipariís Young Blue Machine marches on, slashing and burning and winning."
    - Bill Simmons.